Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
So several months ago i purchased one of these OBD II readers for our Fiat Ducato based MH.
At the time i had a Samsung andriod phone , But since then my wife talked me into going over to the dark side and i purchased an Apple phone................. which i still have today.
this is the OBD II reader that i purchased at that time :

So today i came across that OBD II reader that i had purchased and never tried , so off i went out to the MH to try it , well i could not connect to it or get it to show up on the bluetooth or wi-fi so i came back inside to look at the ebay description of it from when i bought it and that's when it dawned on me that its andriod and my phone is NOW apple.
So i thought i know ill go to their website and download the software so i have it saved so that when we next change the phone ill have the software saved ( as i will be going back to andriod with my next phone ) .
Here is their website :

Now even though both e-bay and the manufactures website says the following
Note: The OBD2 App is in our unit or you can also download it from our website www.xtrons.com
i am unable to find a download link for said software as the link just takes you to their homepage, now i do know it says "The OBD2 App is in our unit" but how does this software get onto an andriod phone ??

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If it really is "in our unit" it could load on the phone when it connects via Bluetooth. I have a Bluetooth OBD2 unit I bought several years ago. There are a number of Android apps that can be used with it that don't appear to be tied to the manufacturer of the unit.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
i am unable to find a download link for said software as the link just takes you to their homepage, now i do know it says "The OBD2 App is in our unit" but how does this software get onto an andriod phone ??
This might help but ...............? Would suggest you check the rar file for malware \ etc.

You might also want to poke around around in the forum searching on OBD2 (II?)?
http://forum.xtrons.co.uk/

Seems their OBD units are mainly designed for interfacing with their head units but they do say they can connect to smartphones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bin it and buy an ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth module then download the free app from the Apple or android app stores.
The app is either free or paid depending what you want and the Bluetooth module is less than a fiver from hundreds of suppliers.
I had one plugged in permanently in my Chrysler for around 3 years and it saved a fortune at dealer diagnostic prices in that time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back