138go

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Bought a HDMI unit to connect Samsung Tablet to TV as the cable way does not work. It arrived today and having nothing to do this afternoon thought I would try it out. Connected the leads up and turned the Avtec TV on.

Hmm TV says low voltage and promptly switches itself off. Engage brain and wonder why we have low voltage. Consult control panel and that is at a very healthy 17.5 volts on both batteries. Hmm something wrong somewhere so disconnect HDMI unit and switch TV off and on. Message still showing low voltage and switches itself off.

So what's lying. The control panel or the TV. Only thing I can think of that can produce 17+ Volts is the Solar Controller. Well that's sitting where it always sits but it is very hot and has no lights on it. So disconnect solar panel and check control panel which is now showing batteries at 14.1 V which is about right as we are plugged into EHU.

TV is now working so whoever wrote the software should have put in a routine for over voltage instead of just a routine that says Low Voltage.

Well it has kept me busy for a couple of hours and I now need a Solar Controller when we get home.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Looks like you found out before it cooked your batteries...:)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
When we bought our van and got it home in the morning it was showing 17.5 volts it had its solar disconnect phoned Webb’s and spoke to their garage and they paid for new charger and 2 new batteries cured fault

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Bad design it should have gone open circuit. No lights on the controller so its cooked.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Bought a HDMI unit to connect Samsung Tablet to TV as the cable way does not work. It arrived today and having nothing to do this afternoon thought I would try it out. Connected the leads up and turned the Avtec TV on.

Hmm TV says low voltage and promptly switches itself off. Engage brain and wonder why we have low voltage. Consult control panel and that is at a very healthy 17.5 volts on both batteries. Hmm something wrong somewhere so disconnect HDMI unit and switch TV off and on. Message still showing low voltage and switches itself off.

So what's lying. The control panel or the TV. Only thing I can think of that can produce 17+ Volts is the Solar Controller. Well that's sitting where it always sits but it is very hot and has no lights on it. So disconnect solar panel and check control panel which is now showing batteries at 14.1 V which is about right as we are plugged into EHU.

TV is now working so whoever wrote the software should have put in a routine for over voltage instead of just a routine that says Low Voltage.

Well it has kept me busy for a couple of hours and I now need a Solar Controller when we get home.
Hola, @QFour which HDMI unit did you purchase? Do you have a link? Cheers, Steve (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back