LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
As the song goes "wonderful, wonderful Copoenhagen" - cue Danny Kaye - definitely showing my age.

Found the parking area on the marina (Svaneknoppen 2100 Copenhagen (55.71797,12.58925)). Got that from Camper Contact - good to arrive on a Sunday it looks as though it had been full on Saturday night. About £30 for the night (ticket from the machine) but that includes electric.

Nice view of the marina and a reasonably short cycle ride to see the sights - just a few km to the Mermaid in fact. Started to rain just as I cycled away from the van - sods law but braved it and got a few photos - hope to go out again later if the weather cheers up.

Was planning on an extra day here but given the weather I think I will press on to Sweden tomorrow.

So, who knew there were TWO mermaids in Copenhagen - about a kilometre apart. The classic one and the one known as the genetically modified mermaid and yes, they are both very small (everyone says that when they first see them, quite funny to stand and listen to people arrive and immediately pronounce on the size!

I am sure you can guess which photo shows the GM version

DSC_0011.jpeg
DSC_0009.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
There is a Indian sign very similar to a swastika?? I forget now what the Indian sign represents. I am sure someone will be along soon to remind me/all

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
As far as I know no problem currently. We shall just have to wait and see

Brother Pete got back last wed from his trip, up through Denmark, Norway,( saw the lights again) into top of Sweden then a no for access to
Finland.
Would have been OK if he went in via Norway. So back Down through Sweden, Denmark Germany etc I met up with him on way back from collecting new(to me) camper A303/A34
Says good trip no probs.
Leftlegger

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Brother Pete got back last wed from his trip, up through Denmark, Norway,( saw the lights again) into top of Sweden then a no for access to
Finland.
Would have been OK if he went in via Norway. So back Down through Sweden, Denmark Germany etc I met up with him on way back from collecting new(to me) camper A303/A34
Says good trip no probs.
Leftlegger
So, I hope to enter Finland from Norway - sounds like that will be okay?

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Actually I see that doesn't work - how do you enter Finland from Norway when you are where I plan to be?

Looks like you have to head further North from Tromso towards Nordkapp and then turn South into Finland - bit of a stretch

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Actually I see that doesn't work - how do you enter Finland from Norway when you are where I plan to be?

Looks like you have to head further North from Tromso towards Nordkapp and then turn South into Finland - bit of a stretch
From Tromso via Oteren and Helligskogen?
F3701440-58E2-4230-A192-F4111BD4E9FF.jpeg

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I don't know about Finland 's take on quarantine but Sweden has just come off the UK quarantine list so you might be ok... If the Fins agree!

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
We went up through denmark into norway as sweden was in the red zone for norway.The last I looked the north of sweden was ok to get to norway but we havent tried it.You,ll notice a lot more toll roads ,at least it seemed that way to us.On the Ferry we had our reg photographed,so no idea if we get charged a flat rate for motorhome? Never saw a facemask in norway or sweden.
When I returned I came back over the Oresund bridge and eurotunnel to keep in isolation mode.I phoned the danish police first to make sure I,d get over to denmark from sweden.I got turned back going into finland from sweden .
Norway travel
Norway travel advice

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Looking at the Norway travel advice link,the UK are in the red zone so they may give you problems getting in there.We travelled when we were in the green zone.may be worth checking up on this.
Screenshot_20200913-213034_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-213034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-213034_Chrome.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 3

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This site has good information and a online chat feature, looks like ok in MH with your own facilities, however filling with water/diesel for purposes of travel might not be allowed.

Extract from it
If you are in travel quarantine the following applies
You should stay at home or in another suitable place of residence
For a residence to be suitable for implementation of your quarantine duty, it must be possible to avoid contact with anyone other than those you normally live with.

This means that accommodations where you have to interact with other guests are not suitable for quarantine. Staying in a motorhome, caravan, tent or cabin at a camping site is not an acceptable address for implementation of quarantine duty if you share a toilet, kitchen or other rooms/facilities with people other than your close contacts/travel companions. The same applies to addresses where you share rooms/facilities with others than those you usually live with, such as a dormitory or other place of residence with a shared bathroom or kitchen.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This section below might scupper you. However the zones are updated every Friday and the rules for those countries come into effect on Saturdays at 00.00 so by the time you reach the border things might have changed. I cannot imagine that there are border controls on all the roads between Sweden and Norway so there wont be anyone around to collect your documentation. However, your MH marks you out as a traveller from UK and I would think you are likely to be stopped at some point by police. It says breaking the rules is a criminal offence. When you get nearer, I would try the chat line on the website, they will be able to understand an English query.

Frequently asked questions and advice for international travel
What if I arrive from a red area, but am not resident in Norway?

If you are under quarantine duty, but you are not a resident in Norway, you must provide documentation upon arrival of your continuous residence at one registered address for the first 10 days of your stay in Norway. For stays shorter than 10 days, the documentation requirement applies for the full period you are to stay in Norway. The documentation requirement does not apply if you are a resident in Norway.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
So, I have reached Sweden via 20 minute ferry crossing from Denmark and now parked up at Villa Bjorkhagen which sad to say looks a bit run down and somewhat scruffy. Hook ups are the old continental ones which I haven't used in a long time but did have my adaptor handy.

They do have grey and black water tank emptying and fresh water on the pitch so will deal with all that tomorrow as I don't know when the next opportunity will be.

The town is Jonkoping on the edge of the water with a long but thin sandy beach - you can cycle along the paths for several km's. It is probably OK and busy during the summer but now, in September, it also looks like a run down seaside town.

Highlight was/is the Rosarium, which you can smell from around 100m away - massive rose and flower garden and still in bloom in mid September.

IMG_6563.jpeg
IMG_6562.jpeg
IMG_6561.jpeg

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks Riverbankannie for the post above - pondering my next move, I am going to skip Stockholm and head North tomorrow and then think again - worse case scenario I try to enter Norway or Finland and they turn me away.
Sounds like a plan, I am just concerned for you that you can easily cross the road border without any controls but you might be committing an offence. I guess you can try pleading ignorance! Don’t show them this thread :Smile:
Lovely roses, a shame to miss Stockholm but it depends what you would have time to see and do anyway. Best seen from the water in my opinion and to visit Gamla Stan (old town) but otherwise like any modern city.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Riverbankannie This is interesting - just been on the website you quote above - here is the map - you cannot enter without quarantine from anywhere red - but NB - the top of Sweden is yellow - I may be okay (or I maybe forever stuck in Sweden) !

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 17.08.06.png

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Skipped Stockholm as the place I wanted to stay in the city for a couple of days explore was full - mid September, I was surprised.

Now at Gavle, very pretty town/city with a nice spot by the river. Taken a bike ride and a few photos and a place to come back to another time I would have said.

Swedish main roads are amazing - make French roads look like bridle ways and English roads like donkey tracks. Little traffic, no roadworks, smooth and steady all the way, very relaxing driving.

Two more long driving days ahead to get to the North of Sweden where hopefully )see post above) they will let me into Norway.

IMG_6583.jpeg
IMG_6581.jpeg
IMG_6579 (1).jpeg
IMG_6574 (1).jpeg

Rachelc

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
got fingers crossed for getting into Norway. Do you have a plan B? Have you been to Stockholm before? If not I'd factor that in as a plan B as it is beautiful, also Gothenberg, albeit the other side and up the coast from Gothenberg is also pretty.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
got fingers crossed for getting into Norway. Do you have a plan B? Have you been to Stockholm before? If not I'd factor that in as a plan B as it is beautiful, also Gothenberg, albeit the other side and up the coast from Gothenberg is also pretty.
Read my mind, if I get trapped n Sweden then I will make sure I take in more of it including Stockholm. My focus right now is to get as far North as possible and see if I can get into Norway - after that, who knows :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back