Northampton anybody (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We are there for 5 days late March, any must see places around, good sites recommended, dog friendly.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Billing Caravan park , not heard anything too positive about it !
@CazPaul. Avoid Billing Aquadrome like the plague Paul & Carol. It's notorious for having kit and bikes, etc, being pinched during the night. :mad:

Sorry, but I can't recommend sights to see, as I'm always driving through Northants rather than stopping. I'm not sure what the city has to offer, but Bletchley Park (Enigma code breakers) is only half an hour further south, and is definitely worth a visit. Ample parking for the MH, and you can to and fro from the MH to check the dogs, as often as you like. (y)

Bletchley Park.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the info re Billing. I got invited to another Bbq cookoff later this year there, when I looked at their website I started to have doubts, much prefer smaller sites or CL's.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks for the info re Billing. I got invited to another Bbq cookoff later this year there, when I looked at their website I started to have doubts, much prefer smaller sites or CL's.
No probs. It's always had the same problem, since a certain element of the travelling community settled in closeby. :( One or two Funsters on here have been victims of theft, when on a Birthday Meet a few years ago. One would have had his MH stolen, whilst he was in the reception reporting another theft, had his wife not been sat in the rear at the time. :eek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Always interested in sites around Northampton, relatives, over the winter we stay at Waterloo Leisure, more Market Harborough though so you need a car, good hardstanding good walks etc ..

Billing Aquadrome really pongs if the wind is in the wrong direction.

By March, more sites open also non hardstanding becoming an option, used sites in Sywell but tend to avoid in the winter.

There is a marina based site (Whitemills) that we shall be checking out next time we swing past.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back