North most point of mainland UK (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Top dollar , but top of the world , that’s the top of the world highway that links the Yukon into Alaska travelled there many a year ago the sun never set . Beautiful Scotland got to get back up there !

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Top of Scotland is Unst, used to fly from there to the rig I worked on ! Would love to take a trip around the Shetland Isles but the cost to take our moho there from Aberdeen is extortionate !
We can go to Spain for a month for the cost of the ferry !
Better flying from Aberdeen, hire a car go b & b or rent a house either will save you money !
BTW for our 7.5mtr moho, compulsory cabin and a kennel for our Yorkie in July was quoted at almost £1400 !!
But if yo go it is a stunning place to visit !!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Very good, reminds me that if we're banned from Europe, there is always Scotland. Shame about the weather though.
It isn't always bad ....folk back home were taking great delight in sending me photos and news reports of how hot it was in Scotland while I was in Spain.
If you get lucky it can be beautiful

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Top of Scotland is Unst, used to fly from there to the rig I worked on ! Would love to take a trip around the Shetland Isles but the cost to take our moho there from Aberdeen is extortionate !
We can go to Spain for a month for the cost of the ferry !
Better flying from Aberdeen, hire a car go b & b or rent a house either will save you money !
BTW for our 7.5mtr moho, compulsory cabin and a kennel for our Yorkie in July was quoted at almost £1400 !!
But if yo go it is a stunning place to visit !!
All the Scottish ferries are expensive ...going to Ireland in a motorhome is a fortune too which is why I've not been.

You would think if they made it a fairer price more would use it so it would make them more money in the end bit doesn't seem to work that way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Northernraider , I agree with you on this ,that is why we drive 550 miles to Dover and go into Europe, cheaper ferries and cheap or free aires and sites and towns where you do not get ripped off !

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Northernraider , I agree with you on this ,that is why we drive 550 miles to Dover and go into Europe, cheaper ferries and cheap or free aires and sites and towns where you do not get ripped off !
Yep totally

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
BTW for our 7.5mtr moho
You can do Shetland cheaper though, 6.3m van, July crossing Aberdeen to Lerwick coming back by Orkney and Thurso, using sleeping pods for the one overnight leg, booked well in advance £580.

Worth it for the sea kayaking, including paddling around Muckle Flugga - THE most northerly point of the UK.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
FA Said, You can do Shetland cheaper though, 6.3m van, July crossing Aberdeen to Lerwick coming back by Orkney and Thurso, using sleeping pods for the one overnight leg, booked well in advance £580.

Never heard of any ferry going into Thurso except passenger one !!

Nothlink goes into Scrabster and Pentland Ferries goes into St Gills !!

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@tjay I read somewhere not long ago that they were looking to make the price more affordable for the crossing. Taking the van to Shetland is on my bucket list just for the cod fishing.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Stii]ll ferry port is in Scrabster 2 miles from Thurso !! its just like saying London Luton !

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
...going to Ireland in a motorhome is a fortune too which is why I've not been.

You would think if they made it a fairer price more would use it so it would make them more money in the end bit doesn't seem to work that way[/QUOTE]

Thats how they stop the travelling community from returning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back