Free Member
Mar 13, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Orian
Exp
im a Newbie
Hi all does anyone know of a garage that we can take our motorhome to so we can get it cleaned doing it ourselves or a motorhome cleaning company that will do this for us using some kind scaffolding so no need to stand on roof.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We use an A frame ladder like this one

TB Davies Light Duty 4Way 2.0 Meter (6.56 Feet) Combination Ladders - Can Be Used On Stairs. Aluminium Ladders EN131 Extends from 2.0 Meter 4.3 Meter (6.56 Feet-14.10 Feet) Amazon product ASIN B00OXTWIAY
With a long reach brush we can reach to clean all our roof, without leaning anything against it or standing on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I try not to stand on customers roofs because A: I'm no lightweight B: I don't know how often someone else has been up there C: with older vans it can be a bit risky D: sometimes there is no room to walk due to solar panels etc. and E: most of my customers prefer me not too. A roof can be cleaned thoroughly without having to walk on them, takes a bit more effort but it can be done.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago to help me when cutting some high conifer hedges around my place. On delivery realised it was just right for cleaning the motorhome as well.(y)

Broken Link Removed

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We use THIS, fantastic bit of kit.

Originally purchased for polishing and valeting boats while they are out of the water but we now use it when valeting caravan and motorhomes alongside our other platforms.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
with older vans it can be a bit risky
I'm not Mike :rolleyes: but ... modern MHs have stronger roofs than a lot of the older ones which weren't meant to be stood on at all ... saying that even on a more modern one I'd still use some sort of board to spread the weight more evenly (and I'm NOT a heavy-weight!:D).

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Older vans tend not to have too much in the way of support, also time and moisture can have its affects. Please don't assume that it's OK to walk on any motorhome roof, occasionally walking on roof as long as you keep away from weak points such as skylights is probably ok. But never walk on the roof on a regular basis as it will weaken considerably.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Good point about checkerplate @airwave, it can give a very false impression of strength. I see lots of roofs whilst valeting and have seen some with far too much checkerplate, probably to cover up hale damage. One that amazes me is owners and dealers fitting sat dishes and solar panels so that is almost impossible to walk safely on the roof, with a bit of planning before instalation this could easily be avoided

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We use an A frame ladder like this one

TB Davies Light Duty 4Way 2.0 Meter (6.56 Feet) Combination Ladders - Can Be Used On Stairs. Aluminium Ladders EN131 Extends from 2.0 Meter 4.3 Meter (6.56 Feet-14.10 Feet) Amazon product ASIN B00OXTWIAY
With a long reach brush we can reach to clean all our roof, without leaning anything against it or standing on it.

Is it legal in Spain ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back