Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
have seen some smart vans with the led driving lights but mine unfortunately only has two very weak running lights.

Was very surprised to see the light switch has no side light position only dipped lights which obviously brings on tail lights and the orange side markers.

Thinking of adding some "proper" side lights or brighter running lights and maybe some old fashioned spots for night driving to help the poor halogens, anyone done this?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Read your handbook and you will find you have got sidelights. Turning lights on with ignition off and sidelights will come on.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
IMG_0579.JPG
I added these, they're very simply fitted and dim by 70% when headlights are turned on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Happy1

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Thanks Lenny but how do you do that on the outside lane of the motorway at 70 mph?!

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
have seen some smart vans with the led driving lights but mine unfortunately only has two very weak running lights.

Was very surprised to see the light switch has no side light position only dipped lights which obviously brings on tail lights and the orange side markers.

Thinking of adding some "proper" side lights or brighter running lights and maybe some old fashioned spots for night driving to help the poor halogens, anyone done this?

I have some of these, that are unused, I could sell you :

http://www.ledcom.co.uk/daytime-run...unning_lights_drl_led_ducato_boxer_relay_x250.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I think the after market ones look crap, dimmer, bluer, cheaper... just my opinion, feel free to ignore it :D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks Lenny but how do you do that on the outside lane of the motorway at 70 mph?!
Driving on sidelights is something from the 1920's. It's been illegal in Germany for decades and should be in this country. Sidelights just aren't bright enough to do any good in rain or mist and if the vehicle behind you has its headlights on then your vehicle becomes just a dark blob as the headlights make your sidelights all but invisible.
If you need lights drive on dipped headlights or use DRLs if your vehicle has them. :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why would you want to do that?

Driving on sidelights is something from the 1920's. It's been illegal in Germany for decades and should be in this country. Sidelights just aren't bright enough to do any good in rain or mist and if the vehicle behind you has its headlights on then your vehicle becomes just a dark blob as the headlights make your sidelights all but invisible.
If you need lights drive on dipped headlights or use DRLs if your vehicle has them. :)
Been illegal (at night) in UK for around 30 years.

Reactions: DBK

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
I think the after market ones look crap, dimmer, bluer, cheaper... just my opinion, feel free to ignore it :D
Industry standard brightness is 400-500 lumens per side, these " dimmer, bluer, cheaper" ones are 600 lumens per side with a rating of 5000k, the same as any VW/Audi (which are concidently brighter than most other manufacturers), just fact, feel free to ignore it:whistle:

OP
OP
Happy1

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
call me old fashioned but drls are ok for most of time but as they are only on the front not the back as well if it gets a bit darker/mistier etc. i tend to switch to side lights and then to main dipped beam as it gets even darker/mistier.

guess with new set up you have only drl or main dipped beam choice whilst actually driving along?

like yours mh55fun but looking at website realise i have a x290 not x250 oops!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back