No power to the habitation area but battery level full (1 Viewer)

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
Can’t find a thread that has the answer! Had my 02 Bessacarr E350 on a Fiat Ducato base for a month now and have just picked it up from the dealers after some warranty work. Got into it tonight to check if they had fixed the water tank level indicator, only to find that although the leisure battery shows plenty of charge, the water pump and the lights do not now work. I had a quick look at the electric panel and nothing seems to have tripped. What might be the problem? Fuses? Some special switch that I have forgotten to push? Would be grateful for some simply worded advice!
Elaine

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have they switched it all off at the control panel?

Maybe post a photo of your panel so people know what they are dealing with.

Martin

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
First thought - take it back to the dealer and ask what they had done. Assuming of course they worked before you took it in. It's probably something simple but don't let that put you off.

Second thought - you didn't have the van ignition switched on did you? That causes most habitation electricals to switch off.

There'll be plenty of other ideas shortly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Had somthing similar, contriol panel showing both batteries flat, then later all ook, then a few days later all flat again.

They weren't.

I pulled out each fuse i could find and pushed back in again, these were relay fuses and in the fuse box. No problems since.

However first call tomorrow .. the dealer.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elaineteresa

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
Thank you. Yes, did make a call back to the dealer this morning who put me back on to their electrical guys.
Took it back to them and turns out that the relay that turns the power off when you are driving is always on, hence no power. Surmised it is something that happened when they replaced my gear box. So he by-passed that as he could not find the offending wire. Working! But now I have set up at a site for the night, have attached the EHU and.....nothing...... So, looks like another call tomorrow ☹️

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpeg

Check that the trips are in the up position (y) some of them have to be pushed down before they will stay up.
Also check the trip on the supply post.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elaineteresa

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
Thank you. I thought I would check the site connection. First time on a Caravan & Motorhome club site (more used to the other one). Seems you need to turn it to lock it in.. Everything working fine now! Thank you to everyone who posted a reply. I really am a Motorhome newbie!

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Great to see you've resolved your problems. Now you can get on and enjoy - remember we're always here to help! :dance2:

And we were all newbies once! :Grin:

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
I did exactly the same on our first outing. As usual I didn't read the notice on the EHU (men don't read instructions). Learnt my lesson. :D

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The wire he could not find is probably the D+ wire from the alternator. This tells the electronics in the MH that the engine is running. If you have a 3 way fridge you should check it is working on 12v when you are on the move. The power panel should not be on on a Uk vehicle when you are on the move. This stops the heating / boiler from working while you are on the move, unless you have a regulator with a collision shut off valve. It needs sorting properly not bodging to make it work. Make them fix it properly.

Pity the Caravan & Motorhome Club don’t point it out to you when you arrive. Lots of different versions of the same thing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elaineteresa

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
QFour. Thanks for that advice. There are still a few things that need sorting on the van. The Dealers are good in that they don’t quibble but only remember one thing at a time! I will get that sorted though. Yes, it would be useful the site put the infi in the leaflet they give you, along with shop opening times.....

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
That would be to much to ask of the Caravan and Motorhome Club. We stopped at one last year and had all sorts of problems trying to empty the grey waste. I was reliable informed by the Warden that they had a rolling program of updates for grey waste disposal areas over the next
20 years

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elaineteresa

elaineteresa

Free Member
Apr 10, 2018
Funster No
I have only just rejoined the Caravan & Motorhome Club after a gap of about 15 years. Up to now I have been a 25 yr+ member - and still am - of the Camping and Caravanning club as I have tent camped for the last 10 years and the CMC don't like tents! I prefer the latter. They just seem a little less "snobbish" and you get what you see. I have had some very good experiences on their sites (but not all!) However, the CMC have far more sites in places that I want to visit and generally seem smaller - which I like. Swings and roundabouts I guess....... I need to try some CS/CLs really

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In the UK we very rarely use CCC or CMHC main sites, we're members of both, instead would rather use the CS/CL's which are much more to our liking. We're not averse, however, to Britstops and occasionally will favour one with a nice pub so we can "eat out" for a change. We've also used the CCC temporary holiday sites a couple of times - handy if they're somewhere you want to visit.

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you. I thought I would check the site connection. First time on a Caravan & Motorhome club site (more used to the other one). Seems you need to turn it to lock it in.. Everything working fine now! Thank you to everyone who posted a reply. I really am a Motorhome newbie!
Done that lol (y)

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Thank you. Yes, did make a call back to the dealer this morning who put me back on to their electrical guys.
Took it back to them and turns out that the relay that turns the power off when you are driving is always on, hence no power. Surmised it is something that happened when they replaced my gear box. So he by-passed that as he could not find the offending wire. Working! But now I have set up at a site for the night, have attached the EHU and.....nothing...... So, looks like another call tomorrow ☹️
Could you please ask them where that relay is situated, might be my problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back