No oomph from Truma Heater on Electric (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I opted to go without electric as there are so few occasions when I'd be able use it and the premium was outrageous.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Ours is an older C6002 gas-only model and I've never wished it had an electric option. It operates at three output levels, 2kw, 4kw or 6kw and I have found that ample, even in cold conditions. If we are going to be on a site with EHU, we carry a small Dimplex 500W frost protector heater that can be left on at tick-over during the night to ensure the body of the van stays just warm.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Certainly not worth the €450 extra for electric, buys an awful lot of gas.:D2

It was a no brainer for me and that's the decision I took with my Malibu. I also bought a fan heater for the occasions when I was on hookup and could use electric heating :D

Cheers

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hi all
If you want to heat the van at home(i.e. on your driveway) is this just a warm up before driving off somewhere?
Or was it as a frost protection thing generally during winter?

The truma's are expensive bits of kit we go away in winter to very cold areas -20 deg at night and the truma works well. However at home I would drain down and use an oil heater for background heating. Or if I wanted the van warmed up for a particular reason (somebody staying overnight in it) A normal blower heater 2kw just to bump it up. We save wear and tear on the Truma for our journeys rather and use cheap heaters whilst at home
Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back