No onboard water - help please (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Hello. In my Chausson Flash 10 I have a problem with no water! After using water over the last two days and turning off the tap, the pump (I think) continued making a sound for a very short while, but it is not usual. This morning, using a tap (mixer tap) for the second time, no water came out at all. This applies to all taps and the toilet. No sound from the pump, the tank is full and the main board is on. Anything I can do (in very simple terms please!) to check or does this sound as if the pump has died and needs to be replaced?

Last edited:

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Check the Fuse, If you have a multimeter, check your pump switch and the power terminals on the pump for voltage. if you have voltage in these places them probably a dead pump.

I am sure someone will be along in a while for more suggestions

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Check the wires to the pump too and I know its obvious but the light on the panel to show the pump is on.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
As above check the fuses first and make sure you have a supply voltage to the pump. A sensor normally switches the pump on and off so you are going to have to check the sensor if you have a voltage at the pump.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks all, sounds as if I'm going to have to go and see someone!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I was going to say that the pumps is really easy to replace and then thought but only of you can access the tank!

When we replaced ours it was a question of taking the cushions off the seat above the water tank, unscrewing the access lid of the tank, pulling out the old pump, taking off the wires from the old pump one at a time and attaching to the new pump in the equivalent place (after making sure the electric is off of course) and the same with the water pipes. Then replace the seat cushions. Took longer to do the cushions than replace the pump.

But then your pump might not be the same as ours and the access might be a pain.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
There is a switch with a picture of a tap and that needs to be on.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I was going to say that the pumps is really easy to replace and then thought but only of you can access the tank!

When we replaced ours it was a question of taking the cushions off the seat above the water tank, unscrewing the access lid of the tank, pulling out the old pump, taking off the wires from the old pump one at a time and attaching to the new pump in the equivalent place (after making sure the electric is off of course) and the same with the water pipes. Then replace the seat cushions. Took longer to do the cushions than replace the pump.

But then your pump might not be the same as ours and the access might be a pain.

Many thanks, I don't trust myself with those sort of repairs!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Many thanks, I don't trust myself with those sort of repairs!

the dealer replaced one for us and showed how it was done. When the second one went we just did it ourselves. the thought is worse than the act :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My pump Shurflo on Rapido was a right bogger to replace. The hex bolts holding it were a weird size and the bolts had siezed in the captive nuts embedded in the plastic of the water tank. Its now just held with self tappers so easier to do next time

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
:sneaky:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We don't know yet whether it is a sureflow type out of the tank or a submersible in the tank or in fact if it is controlled by microseconds or pressure switch----do we????

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
We don't know yet whether it is a sureflow type out of the tank or a submersible in the tank or in fact if it is controlled by microseconds or pressure switch----do we????

Unfortunately not. I'm very keen to learn though, so if someone can tell me what I'm looking for and where, I would appreciate it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have a look under the bathroom or kitchen sink and if there are any wires coming away from the taps then it is microswitched.

Martin

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Won't help you now but I always carry a 10L container of fresh drinking water for tea making and emergencies such as pump failure or hab battery problems

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
My pump did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago, it was a breeze to replace.
Mine is a Shurflo and is situated in the storage area under one of the side seats. One of the very knowledgable and kind souls one here gave me a simple way to test the pump and give me the use of it (as we were away on a break). Take a 10amp blade fuse and attach the 2 power connectors from the pump (there are only 2) to either end of the fuse and use the pump on/off switch on the control panel to activate. This tells you if the pump is knackered or just the micro switch. The micro switch is replaceable but for the cost involved, for me, it was easier just to replace the pump.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Have a look under the bathroom or kitchen sink and if there are any wires coming away from the taps then it is microswitched.

Martin

Thanks. Have had a look and don't see any wires.

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
My pump did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago, it was a breeze to replace.
Mine is a Shurflo and is situated in the storage area under one of the side seats. One of the very knowledgable and kind souls one here gave me a simple way to test the pump and give me the use of it (as we were away on a break). Take a 10amp blade fuse and attach the 2 power connectors from the pump (there are only 2) to either end of the fuse and use the pump on/off switch on the control panel to activate. This tells you if the pump is knackered or just the micro switch. The micro switch is replaceable but for the cost involved, for me, it was easier just to replace the pump.

Thank you, will have a look under the side seat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back