LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If it comes into Law no holidays abroad from next week, I didn't see that coming, will it happen, and if we can't go out will visitors be allowed in.
I know in theory it's best not to travel abroad at the moment but to see it so stark on Sky news seems a different situation.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Thank goodness the Government are listening, the scientists have been warning for weeks that the risk to the country at this critical stage of the vaccine programme is huge, if a mutant strain was to enter now we could very quickly be back to this very day a year ago.
The Government for political reasons have been focusing more on the success of the vaccine programme and not the risk each stage of mass vaccination creates. They do now however seem to have got the message and this is the best news ever to protect the country.
Not what any of us want but given the current crisis stands us in good stead to continue protecting our vulnerable and getting mass protection for the rest. This way we can resume a reasonable level of life in the U.K. until such time the rest of Europe and the world catch up.
Nobody loves touring Europe more than we do and long to get back out on the open road. If we can only tour the U.K. for the interim then so be it. It is a small price to pay to protect each other and travel the road back to pre COVID days.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Complete infringement on civil liberties and human rights. This stasi regime we now live in are chipping away at every part of our lifes policed by a state run militia . Why have we stood aside and allowed this. I hope that they government’s extension of their 6 month Covid legislation is blocked later this week but unfortunately we have an ineffective opposition in Parliament and regional assemblies in Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland that are ineffective and just want to play games. I never thought I would ever seen anything so sinister as this in my lifetime

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The way its reported here this is to back up the existing restrictions and so should end on May 17th

Any further extension of this would be a gross infringement of our civil rights and I for one would be joining the protests.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
The way its reported here this is to back up the existing restrictions and so should end on May 17th

Any further extension of this would be a gross infringement of our civil rights and I for one would be joining the protests.
Yes watch them move the goalposts again. I will join you. I can see us having a convoy of motorhomes converging on Parliament

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Must admit I thought we weren’t allowed to travel abroad except for exceptional reasons anyway so surely this is a good thing, if people flout the restrictions they should be punished.
The Kite they are currently flying is to extend it by some months. Its very hard to see justification for this when numbers all round are down and even on the wobbly figures supplied deaths are likely to be in single figures before May when if it follows last year the seasonal aspect will alter.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I, like many had hoped to travel to France (probably in September) but respect the need to protect the community as a whole. IMHO travel should be permitted - assuming our figures are low enough, HOWEVER I would expect people to have to quarantine on their return to prevent (hopefully) any variants being introduced. Europe’s vaccination program will certainly be a consideration when I eventually decide!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Must admit I thought we weren’t allowed to travel abroad except for exceptional reasons anyway so surely this is a good thing, if people flout the restrictions they should be punished.
Leaving aside the 'exercise' scam,You aren't allowed out the house except food shopping medical or work,legally. And no one is taking any notice Of that?

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001

I would sooner have my civil liberties infringed than risk catching a killer virus. There is nothing imperitive about holidaying abroad and it is only temporary even if it rules out travel abroad this year.
ezee

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I would sooner have my civil liberties infringed than risk catching a killer virus. There is nothing imperitive about holidaying abroad and it is only temporary even if it rules out travel abroad this year.
ezee
So why have we spent all this money on vaccines then?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Leaving aside the 'exercise' scam,You aren't allowed out the house except food shopping medical or work,legally. And no one is taking any notice Of that?
The majority of people I know have taken this very seriously. I think it’s only a minority that haven’t. The news and newspapers don’t portray real life. I know I live in quiet Sherborne but one of my sons lives in London and the streets are pretty empty. He has to go into work as he works with the homeless.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
To the naysayers ... the real risk is that the South African variant, which we seem to have managed to contain, is widespread in certain parts of Europe. With a 3rd wave in Europe, new vaccine resistant variants are increasingly likely.
So we can open up here, allow international travel then go back to March 2020 position and start again.
Or, hopefully, open up here, ban international travel and hopefully ride this out.
I’m desperate to go to France but of the two options I choose the latter.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
It is not good. Because quite simply once they put on powers like this they won’t remove them or it sets a precident to continue with this. It’s another appalling example of over state power and control

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Patience Grasshoppers
We have yet to see the effect - if any - of the schools reopening.
Let alone any of the other easing of restrictions
Yes, thankfully, the figures are falling - but that's as a result of lockdown from a month ago.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I am glad the government are getting tough . Well done , too many people have been bending the rules to the limit , going thru third countries to get their fix . A small price to pay , any way the rules will be reviewed regularly .

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Let's look at another couple of other things which the Gov. might have considered when making this move.

1, It puts massive pressure on the EU, just when they are discussing restricting the export of OUR vaccines from the EU.

In effect we are saying to Spain and Greece and few other Countries which REALLY, REALLY want our tourist dollar, "sorry, but we've had to ban UK tourists this year, it would have been different if we'd been able to finish our vaccine program, but you lads would not give us the vaccine to do that."

2, If tourism from the UK does not happen this summer than a VAST amount of money which would have been spent abroad will be spent in the UK.

Let's say 1m families were looking to go to the EU on holiday and each holiday costs £3000 and they would spend £1500 while on holiday, then £4500 x 1m = £4,500,000,000, which I think is 4.5B? Add on all the other forms of holidaymakers, stag groups, MHs etc etc and I'll bet it's the thick end of £10B which could be available to spend in the UK. Enough to give the Chancellor a few wet dreams there.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Let's look at another couple of other things which the Gov. might have considered when making this move.

1, It puts massive pressure on the EU, just when they are discussing restricting the export of OUR vaccines from the EU.

In effect we are saying to Spain and Greece and few other Countries which REALLY, REALLY want our tourist dollar, "sorry, but we've had to ban UK tourists this year, it would have been different if we'd been able to finish our vaccine program, but you lads would not give us the vaccine to do that."

2, If tourism from the UK does not happen this summer than a VAST amount of money which would have been spent abroad will be spent in the UK.

Let's say 1m families were looking to go to the EU on holiday and each holiday costs £3000 and they would spend £1500 while on holiday, then £4500 x 1m = £4,500,000,000, which I think is 4.5B? Add on all the other forms of holidaymakers, stag groups, MHs etc etc and I'll bet it's the thick end of £10B which could be available to spend in the UK. Enough to give the Chancellor a few wet dreams there.
But these holidaymakers may well in some part be replaced by those from EU countries to some extent. Especially if the stags and hens are still in the coup as it were which might make lots of venues more attractive possibly.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So why have we spent all this money on vaccines then?
I get that and your desire to get the wheels rolling but then read stewartwebr's post #5 and I think ah OK we are only vaccinated against the virus that we have on our shores at the moment and if we get another mutation that the virus is not effective against then we are in deep s---t.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The Kite they are currently flying is to extend it by some months. Its very hard to see justification for this when numbers all round are down and even on the wobbly figures supplied deaths are likely to be in single figures before May when if it follows last year the seasonal aspect will alter.
what happens when you come back from your jaunt with a new variant and then it starts all over again

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Except that there isnt the capacity in the UK to cope with it and by forcing people to stay here they will also be forcing them closer together.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I get that and your desire to get the wheels rolling but then read stewartwebr's post #5 and I think ah OK we are only vaccinated against the virus that we have on our shores at the moment and if we get another mutation that the virus is not effective against then we are in deep s---t.
Not so martin, according to the ongoing trials they are resistant to all current variants offering varying levels of protection all of them significant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back