No claims discount (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
On renewing our insurance the insurers asked for proof of the no claims. We could only find the last three years . The two first years we used a different company. The up shot was £140 pounds increased premium. Found a company on the net MIB who have a data base for all insurance policies and sent us details of all our previous insurers and dates of policies.
All free so now we can get the £140 back hopefully.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
On renewing our insurance the insurers asked for proof of the no claims. We could only find the last three years . The two first years we used a different company. The up shot was £140 pounds increased premium. Found a company on the net MIB who have a data base for all insurance policies and sent us details of all our previous insurers and dates of policies.
I have only ever been asked for the last renewal notice, and that has been a rare event!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Gave us the quotation then once accepted came back for proof of the no claims. But handy to know if anybody else in same boat .I will keep my records upto date from now on .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They don't need all the previous documentation, just the very latest.
They would have a fit with mine for the last 30 odd years if they wanted every one.
Your new insurer would have checked the Mid and got details of previous insurers from there.
I suspect the person asking for all details worked at DVLA sometime or other and in keeping has no ideas what they're doing.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Last time I changed insurers for a vehicle,about 3 months ago,they didn’t even ask for proof of ncd,just gave me the full discount. So I assume they must have used the company mentioned above.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Last time I changed insurers for a vehicle,about 3 months ago,they didn’t even ask for proof of ncd,just gave me the full discount. So I assume they must have used the company mentioned above.
They may not check NCB until a claim is made,
A perfect get out if the NCB is none existent.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As far as I remember Comfort Insurance do not operate on “years of no claims discount “ basis. When I changed to them I pointed out that I had the maximum NCB. They asked me to e-mail proof and promised to keep it on record to quote if I wanted to leave them in future.

Since then, on checking annually, they have remained very competitive on price and this is my third year with them.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
As far as I remember Comfort Insurance do not operate on “years of no claims discount “ basis. When I changed to them I pointed out that I had the maximum NCB. They asked me to e-mail proof and promised to keep it on record to quote if I wanted to leave them in future.

Since then, on checking annually, they have remained very competitive on price and this is my third year with them.
Hi.
Me to,the quote went down a bit last year,very happy.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
So perhaps they are acting properly asking for proof which i now have so can claim the extra back. They have e record now better still we do.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
The problem rumbles on ! We have underwriter ( Royal and sun alliance more than ) we have policy no but not the insurance company . So we still cant find our no claims discount.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009

Your previous / last insurer should provide you with a statement / letter showing what you have; just ask.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Your previous / last insurer should provide you with a statement / letter showing what you have; just ask.

We moved from AIB last time and asked them for a letter to show proof of previous years insurance with them, to gain NCD with new company, which they flatly refused - never again

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I would not have insured with them..They have access to data bases that can tell them everything..Shoddy company..If they cant do a simple check like that i would not trust them to carry out an accident claim,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We had our first two years with somebody we cant for the life of us remember. Then three years with AIB so five years ncd. Aib will only testify the three years with them so the first two years underwritten by royal sun alliance are missing so has cost us £140 additional premium.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I cannot for the life of me fathom why they would want the historic data. Surely it's only the situation current at renewal which is relevant.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
As I found out the insurance companies have access to a central database and 'know' about all your claims so it should be the other way around in that if they cant find any claim history the default should be they give you the NCB.

Just a thought if you pay for your insurance the same time every year and you pay from your bank or credit card you should be able to get statements going back the 5 years and you may be able to see who you paid.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Tried the bank statements cant find payment so perhaps credit card .
Perhaps just a scam offer cheaper insurance quote knowing you cant provide proof then penalise you after you have paid the premium .

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Tried the bank statements cant find payment so perhaps credit card .
Perhaps just a scam offer cheaper insurance quote knowing you cant provide proof then penalise you after you have paid the premium .
Sorry to hear your difficulties, I have been hit with big premium hikes post burglary and multiple vehicles stolen even the ones not affected by the claim have been hiked.

It is always oneway traffic with insurance companies hope you can find the evidence. the annoying thing is they know about claims you have made or not as the case may be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back