Nextbase 312GW (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
has anyone got one ? I'm probably going to buy one tomorrow.... the thing I'd like some info on is the wifi app...? Apparently you can transfer clips to an app on your phone/tablet....

Anything else I should know before buying appreciated..(y)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Bought one last year and have it with me now while driving through France/Germany.

Not used the wifi thingy but just plug it in handy that you get a couple of mounts with it and the unit just slides on and is magnetic..
One thing I thought was strange and don't know or the other cameras are the same but it records only up to 5mins before starting the loop again?

Bit miffed as I bought it from Halfrauds and a week later they had £50 off:mad:

Can't see you going far wrong with it...

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I think you will find it records 5 minute files...each bit of recording will be saved until the sd card is full then will overwrite..so you will get several hours recoding on the sd card. Hope this helps... i have a 402 which records excellent quality...some owners have found the battery does not hold its charge..so when ignition turned off the camera stops within seconds...got round this with a power bank whilst in the supermarket at. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think you will find it records 5 minute files...each bit of recording will be saved until the sd card is full then will overwrite..so you will get several hours recoding on the sd card. Hope this helps... i have a 402 which records excellent quality...some owners have found the battery does not hold its charge..so when ignition turned off the camera stops within seconds...got round this with a power bank whilst in the supermarket at. (y)

I was thinking of hard wiring mine, would that solve the power problem.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I bought a 412GW a couple of months ago. Better video quality than the 312GW I think. The magnetic mount means it can be easily removed, and allows me to close the blinds on the MH. I was so impressed that I went back a week later and bought 2 more ... one each for my son and daughter. I can't use the Wi-Fi as I have a Windows phone, but it works for my daughter's i-phone. Plays back on a PC (.avi) or included software which also shows speed, location etc on Google maps. Saves either 3 or 5 minute clips which fractionally overlap, so no detail is lost on playback. The shock sensor will lock any clips where violent movement is detected, so they are not overwritten. I have disabled that as too many clips were being locked due to potholes!

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I was thinking of hard wiring mine, would that solve the power problem.
They are normally connected so they go on & off with the ignition. My Daughter had hers hard wired by Halfords. Much tidier than exposed cables.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back