Newly acquired 2002 Flair 7100i Iveco (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The gear change could well be as simple as check for bush wear and adjustment . It was on my iveco van . World of difference . :)

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
In need of some unobtanium. Remis pleated window blinds/flyscreen catches. Disappeared. All that remains is the attachment bracket. Searched the internet to no avail, can anyone advise?

P1060017.JPG
P1060016.JPG

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Do you not know somebody with a 3d printer easy job if you do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Good idea I'll enquire. How is the template generated for the printer without a model to copy?

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
It looks like you've got a good one on the second photo, why can't you rob that to use a template?

Yeah that was my thinking to, if not take the measurements and anyone with a 3d printer will be able to generate a model quite easily its not a complexed part.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
It looks like you've got a good one on the second photo, why can't you rob that to use a template?

Doh! Thank you, sometimes the obvious isn't. For me quite often the case, so expect more to follow. Now to find a 3D printer.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Doh! Thank you, sometimes the obvious isn't. For me quite often the case, so expect more to follow. Now to find a 3D printer.
Or you could try here

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you for the link. I subsequently contacted Leisureworld who told me the required design is no longer officially available.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Firstly: Can anyone direct me to replacement windscreen wiper blades please. They need to fit an 11 mm arm. This is larger than a car fitting, as I have just discovered when perplexedly attempting to force my newly acquired blades onto the arm. The present blades are Bosch with a B1 fitting.

Secondly: At present I have a FanTastic Vent above the kitchen. Unfortunately the wind-up handle seems to be made from chocolate (I have bought two, both lasted one rotation). So I'm considering a Maxxair MaxxFan. 'tinternet reviews suggest they are good units. Can any one confirm this? As the FanTastic Vent has a 12v supply I'm assuming I can use that to power the Maxxair. Now the big question: DIY or Approved Workshop?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Your experience with Fantastic Vents is bizarre. I have had 6 of these on 3 different vans over the last 10 years and, touch wood, have never had one incident. I have found them reliable and of excellent performance. The latest versions with increased setting options are brilliant. The rain sensor provides a good security addition and makes the Heki attempt at this look Micky Mouse.
I wish you better luck with the poorer quality Maxxair. However I do think that perhaps you need to review your use as that may be the common denominator.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Firstly: Can anyone direct me to replacement windscreen wiper blades please. They need to fit an 11 mm arm. This is larger than a car fitting, as I have just discovered when perplexedly attempting to force my newly acquired blades onto the arm. The present blades are Bosch with a B1 fitting.

Secondly: At present I have a FanTastic Vent above the kitchen. Unfortunately the wind-up handle seems to be made from chocolate (I have bought two, both lasted one rotation). So I'm considering a Maxxair MaxxFan. 'tinternet reviews suggest they are good units. Can any one confirm this? As the FanTastic Vent has a 12v supply I'm assuming I can use that to power the Maxxair. Now the big question: DIY or Approved Workshop?

Not sure of the required length but I recently fitted the following wiper blades to my N+B Arto; please do check that they meet your own requirements (y)
Bosch AR70N

My experience of the Maxxair is very different to Sallylillian. The first job I did having acquired my Arto was to remove the inferior Fantastic Vent:giggle:
Personally, I much prefer the option of being able to have the vent open even when raining, 10 speed ultra quiet fan that can be set to 20% at night with the roof vent open within the bedroom area, generating a cooling breeze in the hot European heat and quiet enough to sleep. Twin metal support which enables you to leave open when travelling and doesn't rattle when windy.

I fitted my own Maxxair and don't see any reason why any competent person wouldn't be able to. Like anything, it's all down to the preparation specifically removing any old sealant and having a clean surface to reapply. The Maxxair will utilise the same 12v supply.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Hurrah, windscreen wipers obtained and fitted. Local HGV garage/Approved Engineer (Lancing Commercial) let me take a set on a trust basis. Back tomorrow to pay for them. Nothing beats personal face-to-face service.

Apropos the FanTastic Vent. The problem is that it will only work if the lid has lifted and activated the sensor. The old version handle (metal) has disappeared and is no longer available. Replacements are plastic and to my experience about as affective as a chocolate fire-guard. So either: (a) find a way to get the present fan working (preferred), or, (b) replace. In which case, first principles, with what.

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
Power;

Before considering a remap do a proper service and throw a load of redex in the tank. Change the gearbox and diff oil too.

The little combination of this lot can easily equate to 5-10% off where it should be.

Oh, and if you suspect it's been driven by Miss Daisy up to now don't be shy of doing a m'way junc or two a gear or two lower than you otherwise would be. Let the engine de-coke.

fesuvious

Free Member
Jul 11, 2020
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff
Exp
@5yrs
And check all your jubilee clips on intake/boost hoses.

Many an engine 'down on power' has failed to have small boost leak found!

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
MoT tomorrow, the van has barely moved since its last one. Getting it ready for an early start from storage. Grinding sound when the steering wheel is turned (on both sides, forwards and reverse) fine when driving in a straight line. Any suggestions please. Attached pictures, is it steering related? The cap has a ZF logo. As far as I can tell there is no measurable oil in the reservoir. Which oil is required please.

P1060300.JPG P1060299.JPG P1060298.JPG

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
MoT tomorrow, the van has barely moved since its last one. Getting it ready for an early start from storage. Grinding sound when the steering wheel is turned (on both sides, forwards and reverse) fine when driving in a straight line. Any suggestions please. Attached pictures, is it steering related? The cap has a ZF logo. As far as I can tell there is no measurable oil in the reservoir. Which oil is required please.

View attachment 734460 View attachment 734461 View attachment 734462
in the absence of a recommendation I would put Atf in it.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Good luck with your flair had ours over 20 years love it ,had 5th gear altered and engine power sorted (speed hawk)

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
It's good to hear that you are feeling at home with your flair!!!
The windscreen blind handle is probably only fitted to manual blinds that's why you can't see it on all flairs (I am guessing this as ours is electric and does not have handles)
Are you sure you have 240v to the fridge??--- on an extremely rare occasion we stopped at a campsite in France and wanted to make the most of their fee!!! I was distraught to find our fridge did not work on 240v!!!! After we got back to UK and investigated I discovered the switch in the bottom of wardrobe (which I had never noticed before!!) was off----- it probably got turned off by something floating around on the floor!!!!!
Suggest you check it!!---- we know how expensive the big fridges are, we fitted a new one!!!!!!!!!
Ours was fitted with an aftermarket efoy (not a N+B standard appliance) but we took it out as hardly ever used it---------- we actually never bought any fuel for it!!!!!------- there are times it is handy but, for us was a waste of space,--- they are as big as a small Genny and use "funny fuel"!!------ In our opinion a Genny is FAR more useful/versatile---- so the efoy went!!!!!!
The springs on our blinds on the European roof vents are not so strong in the cold
----- the same ones on our caravan have last their blinds!!!------- the American fantastic fans on the other two vents are far superior!!!!
Please keep posting your mods as you do them--- interesting for us and we are sure for others too!!
in the absence of a recommendation I would put Atf in it.
Probably overfilled the reservoir this morning; however, noise has stopped and MoT passed.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Wiring for compressor fridge, advice please.

Removed deceased Electrolux RM6505 absorption fridge/freezer. Insulated the void, unfortunately not until after the big freeze, I'll be checking the state of the taps and seals later. Will be installing a compressor fridge. Pictures show the wiring in the space. Lower right are the wires to the old fridge. On the left there is a feed to the external retracting step (vehicle or habitation battery?) and a supply to lighting. Can I use any of these to provide power for the new fridge. I'm thinking of installing an external (to the void) switch above the existing light switches.

P1060297 copy.jpg P1060287 copy.jpg P1060305 copy.jpg P1060291 copy.jpg P1060289 copy.jpg

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Bit of a novice in motor-home electrics so please excuse my questions. Does the 12v feed need to be wired directly to the leisure battery? If the lights are on the 12v circuit (and presumably any 12v plug outlet which could be used if one is nearby) isn't it also wired to the battery?

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
May have found a solution to my question. Poking around where the various electrical gubbins are located I found the main relay box (who would have thought!). It’s a Kontrol-und-Verteilungsmodul M2005-2, with two spare auxiliary bays at 15A and 10A. Anyone had experience with these?

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Is the compressor fridge you are getting able to run on 12v DC or is it a domestic one running on240v AC? If the former there are probably quite thick cables from the leisure battery that would have supplied the 3 way. Probably with a 20A fuse on your EBL or equivalent. If 230v AC you will need an inverter to run it from the leisure battery if you want to use it off hook up.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Is the compressor fridge you are getting able to run on 12v DC or is it a domestic one running on240v AC? If the former there are probably quite thick cables from the leisure battery that would have supplied the 3 way. Probably with a 20A fuse on your EBL or equivalent.
I’m thinking of 12v DC at present (although going the whole hog with lithium and an inverter is, expensively, appealing).

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I’m thinking of 12v DC at present (although going the whole hog with lithium and an inverter is, expensively, appealing).
Yes, you save money buying the AC version and then splash more than that on a multiples/ inverter :giggle: :giggle: . I'm still keeping my 3 way until it finally goes pop but am thinking along similar lines to you.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Think I may have a solution to whither power for a 12v compressor fridge, although if I'm on the wrong path please advise.

Attached pictures show:

1) old 3-way fridge void (new fridge space) with 12v wires highlighted, this is permanently live with a 20A fuse at the EDB, the middle wire is the feed to the engine alternator and will not be used;

2) EDB with 20A fuse on live feed;

3) EDB with live feed and neutral terminals circled;

4) comparative sizes of two sets of wires, one feeds the retractable step (25A fuse) the other is the proposed fridge feed (20A fuse at present), both are permanent live and are the same diameter.

Void with wire cicled.jpgEDB with fuse circled.jpgEDB uncovered with poles circled.jpgStep wire showing thickness.jpgFridge wire thickness.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Think I may have a solution to whither power for a 12v compressor fridge, although if I'm on the wrong path please advise.

Attached pictures show:

1) old 3-way fridge void (new fridge space) with 12v wires highlighted, this is permanently live with a 20A fuse at the EDB, the middle wire is the feed to the engine alternator and will not be used;

2) EDB with 20A fuse on live feed;

3) EDB with live feed and neutral terminals circled;

4) comparative sizes of two sets of wires, one feeds the retractable step (25A fuse) the other is the proposed fridge feed (20A fuse at present), both are permanent live and are the same diameter.

View attachment 738357View attachment 738358View attachment 738359View attachment 738360View attachment 738361
Sounds like you have found the right feed for the fridge. I expect that 20A will be plenty, the 3 way in my Hymer takes about 14A when on.

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Yesterday I part filled the fresh water tank with a view to see what damage may have occurred during the winter freeze. I had failed to drain the water before Jack Frost came a'calling - potential merde! Taps open, pump running, boiler filling, all seemed fine. Disaster! Vasty puddle seeping from around the waste tank. Quickly turn off pump and inspect as best I can. How can this be, so well insulated and never with much water inside. The picture will reveal all. Vaunted Teutonic Engineering had attached (or not) a waste feed pipe that had never been long enough to reach the tank, nor even sit inside the spigot. Held in place with a lose rubber bandage and jubilee clip. That explains the persistent presence of damp and water stains around that area. Hopefully, after I've found a way of securing a fully fitted waste into a rigid pipe line, that will cure that leak.

However I do have an incontinent Shurflo pump in need of attention. Anything worthwhile replacing at the same time as I fit a new pump?

P1060327.JPGP1060328.JPG

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It brings home the fact that most motorhomes have a very hard life, sat out all year, whatever the weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back