Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@motorhomer
We have been motorhomers for over twenty years but always in coachbuilt, whose handling of the road varied from good to not so good.

My immediate reaction, on driving the PVC the 80 miles home, was how much better the ride was. Much less harsh, (bordering on car like), quieter by far as regarding “rattles,” and much less body roll.

We tend to cover long distances on our travels so we are looking forward to the better driving experience, even if it is at the cost of reduced space.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I could never buy another Moho without a garage, as I couldn't get used to being part of a storage cupboard.:Eeek:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Our pvc is more or less empty at the mo - everything is being washed or cleaned or sorted, whereas we normally leave it fully equipped. It drives like a sports car. Well, a bit. Which just shows how much storage there is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Following our first trip out, 1,240 miles trip around Belgium and France we are delighted with how the PVC suits us. No problems experienced except for finding that the two screws which “secured” the gas locker striker plate were too short and pulled out. I will replace them myself. Everything else worked well.

@Minxy Girl
In you photos you showed that you had adapted the wardrobe to make a pantry. Where do you now hang clothes?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Following our first trip out, 1,240 miles trip around Belgium and France we are delighted with how the PVC suits us. No problems experienced except for finding that the two screws which “secured” the gas locker striker plate were too short and pulled out. I will replace them myself. Everything else worked well.

@Minxy Girl
In you photos you showed that you had adapted the wardrobe to make a pantry. Where do you now hang clothes?
We just fold them and put them in the upper lockers as there's plenty of space in them, the wardrobe is much more useful as a pantry IMV - when we had the Accent we had 2 folding bikes under the bed and in the lower bit 2 inflatable canoes so the bottom of the cupboard under the cooker was used for shoes etc the upper level for dog food - it wasn't the easiest cupboard to get into anyway to retrieve stuff so having food etc in the 'pantry' was more convenient too, along with other bits and bobs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back