New Product - HEOSafe 1763 Van Conversion Internal Lock For Sliding Door (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having bought & been pleased with other good HEOSolutions products (water connector, mats & locks) just spotted this on their website http://www.heosolution.de/index.php?tip=heosafe&subc=2&prod=743 & are considering it as an additional internal lock on the sliding door on our campervan. Thought we should post it here in case of interest or use to others. Have three concerns - where to buy it in UK, drilling two big holes to fit it & whether with having a window in the sliding door this really gives much more security as looks like the handle just flips down to open?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone already got one & if so where did you buy it & what do you think of it?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Looking at the photos on the website I think you push it down to lock it, not open it, otherwise I can't see how it locks in the first place ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
English version of their web page says:
  • To lock the sliding door, push the knob forwards: the door is secured with HEOSafe.
  • To unlock and also to open the sliding door, push the knob backwards.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
English version of their web page says:
  • To lock the sliding door, push the knob forwards: the door is secured with HEOSafe.
  • To unlock and also to open the sliding door, push the knob backwards.
In which case it looks like pushing the handle upwards in turn pushes the sticky-out bit down onto something behind the casing ... however as you've said how good it would be in reality is debatable as most camper vans have easily accessed side windows in the door so once they get one open this lock wouldn't do much to stop them anyway. Not sure I'd buy one personally.

bob cottam

Free Member
Jun 28, 2018
Funster No
I think the idea here is that the silver bolt engages with the "clevis"? in the lower part of the door frame fitting, possibly automatically on slamming the door shut ?, and the "sticky out bit" on the new door handle lifts the sliding (spring loaded?) clevis upwards when you operate the handle, releasing its hold on the silver bolt.
I have to say it looks like your granny could pull it open on a bad day.... maybe its more convincing in the flesh, but bits of plastic......

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @Wombles did you see my post on a cheap solution to sliding door security.

John.

40CAD335-7E5A-46B1-B4A8-D8A1D59A437F.jpeg
95ED06B8-87D1-49CD-8B11-6A21BD97DDF8.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Neckender what's the piece of board at the end of your table near the window? Not seen that before.

Also, can you please replace your manky bit of timber for something a bit more upmarket as befits your camper! It looks decidedly shoddy for an 'elegance' model! :D

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@Neckender what's the piece of board at the end of your table near the window? Not seen that before.

Also, can you please replace your manky bit of timber for something a bit more upmarket as befits your camper! It looks decidedly shoddy for an 'elegance' model! :D

What piece of board? That’s not the table but the gas hob and sink with protective cover

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What piece of board? That’s not the table but the gas hob and sink with protective cover

John.
Ah, I thought the 2nd photo was the other side with the wood sat on top of the table! :D

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Neckender does not your solution have the same fundamental flaw as the Heosafe?
Namely that an intruder can unlock/remove it via the window?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back