Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
Small film clip here

My brother is building his new overlander in Colorado (USA). He has a "Shop" as they call it (workshop) that is completely Offgrid. Solar power for virtually everything, a big generator for the welders etc.
IMG_6955.jpeg

Big hydraulic winch at the back with cable running to front
IMG_6953.jpeg

IMG_6954.jpeg

Prepping the sub-frame. Does it on his lift so he can reverse the truck to install it. He'll complete the build of the box on the lift too.
IMG_6951.jpeg

Nigel has completed the Victron board
IMG_6949.jpeg

They have very little snow this year so far.
IMG_6957.jpeg

Need a fire to keep warm. It will go down to -30 in the near future, where Celsius and Fahrenheit meet. Sometimes to -40
IMG_6958.jpeg

And all because this chap is too big for the current rig
IMG_6959.jpeg

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Impressive!

I suppose if he wants to upgrade either the box or the truck he can just lift it off again?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
What a fantastic set up. Where are they? Where do they travel? How much is he selling his smaller rig for…..?! Mr Mousy fancies an American trip but we like sunshine 😂

please can you explain the fire box thing, is it connected to pipes?

#NMC (Nosy mares club)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Impressive!

I suppose if he wants to upgrade either the box or the truck he can just lift it off again?
Unless sold in the U.S. new, the yanks do not let anyone import cars or trucks without them being at least 25 years old. Assume the Merc would be at least that old.

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Impressive!

Yes he can. He stripped off all the fire stuff, and now there is quite a few options working with the cab and chassis. The subframe will be bolted to the chassis with springs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What a fantastic set up. Where are they? Where do they travel? How much is he selling his smaller rig for…..?! Mr Mousy fancies an American trip but we like sunshine 😂

please can you explain the fire box thing, is it connected to pipes?

#NMC (Nosy mares club)
They live near Gunnison in Colorado. Pretty cold in the winter but have so few cloudy days where they don’t see the sun.
They go on some long trips, we went with them to New Mexico two weeks ago. They often go to Utah.
The fire equipment has been removed. Maybe you’re referring to the winch? It’s hydraulic, driven by the shaft on top and the cable (wire rope) runs in a channel all the way to the front.
I have no idea what he’s selling the other rig for, if you want I can ask. These rigs go for quite a bit of money in the USA.

OP
OP
RogerIvy
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Unless sold in the U.S. new, the yanks do not let anyone import cars or trucks without them being at least 25 years old. Assume the Merc would be at least that old.
I think it’s about 30. He imported it from Germany last year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back