New Motorhome Muttly (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
This is my first post of my own rather than hijacking some one else’s post and try posting a photo of our recently adopted motorhome muttly Paddy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 226
OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Thanks folks. Yet another bit of technology sorted. I am not old to get to grips with technology it just has to be at my pace.
I will take some more pictures as time goes on. He is getting quite confident already. He has been in the motorhome for an hour this morning again whilst we had morning tea. The step is a bit awkward, I fell in trying to help him up so we are as bad as each other.
He met a local dog on his walk this with no aggression from either of them. The little boy from up the road said hello. It’s always an unknown how a re homed dog is going to be out on there walks but it’s looking good so far. Early days and lots to learn for us all.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He's a rather handsome chappie isn't he! You're gonna be inundated with lots of doggy girls wanting to flirt with him! :giggle:

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
He is already a ladies dog preferring management over me. It might be a good idea he was fixed before we adopted him. The only girl dog he has met is the West Highland Terrier from across the road. She yaps at any dog she sees. He totally ignored her yesterday being more interested in new smells.
We knew we would know what was right for us and just this first couple of days has proved that. He will never replace muttly Max but he has charmed his way into our lIves.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
The lady I met this morning said there are a lot of people re homing Romanian dogs. There are a few re homing centres in this area have dogs from Romania. I assume they have a different attitude towards stray dogs than other countries.
It has been a long time since we adopted Max but I don’t remember this from then.

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Thanks folks. Yet another bit of technology sorted. I am not old to get to grips with technology it just has to be at my pace.
I will take some more pictures as time goes on. He is getting quite confident already. He has been in the motorhome for an hour this morning again whilst we had morning tea. The step is a bit awkward, I fell in trying to help him up so we are as bad as each other.
He met a local dog on his walk this with no aggression from either of them. The little boy from up the road said hello. It’s always an unknown how a re homed dog is going to be out on there walks but it’s looking good so far. Early days and lots to learn for us all.
So glad you have found another dog. It will be a fun learning curve for you all. Did you get any history of him when you adopted and where did you adopt him from.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Lovely colours. I found I had to keep taking my dog in the car & MH to get him used to them as before they had never been out except once a year to the vets. Took a while but he is happy now.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We found him, or should it be he found us, at Hull Animal Welfare.
The package that came with him included his passport that was issued in Romania. There is a record of his inoculations. Also there is a medical report from the vet that looked after him whilst he was at the welfare centre. We have to take him to there vets in a month for a final check including a urine sample, that will be fun.
They were very informative about him explaining about his past and what we could do to help him settle in. Saying that he seems quite happy doing his own thing. He has been in his bed since tea time occasionally wandering about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We found him, or should it be he found us, at Hull Animal Welfare.
The package that came with him included his passport that was issued in Romania. There is a record of his inoculations. Also there is a medical report from the vet that looked after him whilst he was at the welfare centre. We have to take him to there vets in a month for a final check including a urine sample, that will be fun.
They were very informative about him explaining about his past and what we could do to help him settle in. Saying that he seems quite happy doing his own thing. He has been in his bed since tea time occasionally wandering about.
Have you learned any Romanian to make him feel at home?

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Thats what the grunting was all about. When I came came down this morning he grunted at me and then after breakfast he did the same again. The snoring wasnt Romanian. Before we have morning tea in the motorhome I will take him a little farther on his walk today.
Now Easter is over I have to register him with our vets and get him some flee drops. This week theres a few things to do ready for off next Monday like stocking up on dog dinners and telling the site he is coming with us.
His passport says he was in Calarasi when it was issued. I will look up were in Romania that is.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
His name in his passport says Laddie now Paddy. The first dog we had when I was little was called Laddie. He was a Border Collie with a brown face. It was a regular occurrence that he was brought home by the village policeman. He used to wander off looking for his girl friend. His regular haunt was the middle of the cross roads by one of the pubs.
Considering this was before the M62 and all the traffic from Manchester to Hudersfield used to go through our village he shouldn’t have survived.
So far Paddy hasn’t barked but I don’t think that’s a problem. He really enjoyed the longer walk this morning. Crossing our street he was a bit nervous but he met a couple of laddies with push chairs and a postman. Judging by the tail wagging he is happy.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have enough problems with English from outside Yorkshire never mind Romanian. I needed a translator when I started working in Lincolnshire.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We had our first trip out in the motorhome with Paddy today. It was only a short journey to the nature reserve at Barton upon Humber.
I tried putting his bed in the back with him secured to the D ring but he wasn’t happy about that. He preferred to travel between the front seats like his predecessor . It was good planning to fit a D ring to the front seat base.
He was a bit wary on the walk so we didn’t go too far. It must be so confusing being in a different country with strange people but he seems happy. He slept in the sun under our feet all afternoon.
Next week will be even more to take in when we are away.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
He’s a lucky boy and a beautiful looking chap... So pleased you found him..

Hope he settles in well and lots for you to enjoy

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Paddy looks lovely and is now a lucky dog getting rehomed. The dog you are trying to rehome monzer looks lovely too and I hope she finds another new home soon.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Paddy settled in well last night and seems to enjoy camp sites. If the snoring is anything to go by he slept well.
He managed a walk today apart from the board walk with chicken wire to make it none slip. The beach was busy with lots of dogs of all shapes and sizes and kids.
Management had a photo of him asleep in the rocks enjoying the sun. I will put it on later. Meanwhile he is relaxing after tea.97BD9FCF-E997-465B-92A0-E0D2E8FC5B2B.jpeg

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Just a quick update regarding Paddy. He is getting more and more of a character every day. He spent all his time in his bed before we went away. Now he wanders into the sitting room with us. The only snag being his snoring. You have to turn the telly up when he starts.
He wouldn’t sit until management tried to tempt him with treats. He still won’t for me but we are working on that.
We walked him to our daughters house on Monday. Rather unplanned but she had to look after her friends two little boys. They are known as the Cray twins. They are a bit wild so we had to explain that Paddy needed to be left alone.
They fused him for a while until Paddy went inside and fell asleep on the rug with toys all round him.
As yet he hasn’t barked but thats not a problem it’s better than the three across the road that bark everyone past there gates.

OP
OP
B
Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When we took Paddy on we were given medical insurance for the first month. Today I got a letter from Pet Plan asking us to carry on with the policy after the end of the month. I tried to contact them on line to get a quote but the registration number wasnt recognised so I had to phone them.
After being on hold for nearly half an hour I got through to an overseas call centre. With a bit of struggle understanding the lady I started to plough through the information required. Then I was cut off and put on to a survey centre.
Later this morning I tried again and after the same waiting time I was connected to another call centre linked to Allianz . The lady was more understandably and I started the question session again. When it came to his breed I said he is a cross breed. She wanted to know what he was crossed with and what did his passport say he was.
Having a Romanian passport didnt help so she went to get advise. She said there under writers wanted a vets asesment and photos of him.
I went on one of the comparison sites and they wanted his date of birth, weight and type. Pedigree or cross breed. The best quote with the same level of cover for £22 a month.
I thought from the TV hype about Pet Plan they would on the ball but appears they only want Pedigree dogs. I have heard of problems with Pedigree dogs being over bread and having health problems.
Meanwhile Paddy has just ambled into the dinning room and nudged my elbow. I think he smells cake. He is getting really cheeky the longer he is with us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back