New Motorhome Alarm - For Burstner Lyseo (1 Viewer)

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2>1 Thatcham Approved Alarm System

I am looking to install a 2>1 Thatcham Approved Alarm System, in a new Burstner Lyseo, which has a factory fitted mobiliser.

I live in the deep South East of Kent and am buying the Motorhome from East of London. Just wondered if there were any “Must Do’s” or “Definitely Donts” with new alarms or if anyone has recommendations on which alarm and who to ask to do the work.

Your help and sharing your experience, will be greatly appreciated

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
I can only say that I had cause to visit Vanbitz today to rectify an issue with my alarm system.

Excellent customer service, excellent product knowledge, excellent after sales service. No such issue as sell/fit and forget your customer with them.

Can't recommend them highly enough, and worth travelling for IMO.

(Vanbitz Growler and Non-Starter system on my van = total confidence)

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Your local car alarm company will probably come to your house and fit one for around £300. Add a steering lock or wheel clamp when it's in storage. The reversed driving seat lock is also very popular.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
2>1 Thatcham Approved Alarm System

I am looking to install a 2>1 Thatcham Approved Alarm System, in a new Burstner Lyseo, which has a factory fitted mobiliser.

I live in the deep South East of Kent and am buying the Motorhome from East of London. Just wondered if there were any “Must Do’s” or “Definitely Donts” with new alarms or if anyone has recommendations on which alarm and who to ask to do the work.

Your help and sharing your experience, will be greatly appreciated

Picking our van up soon and am booked into VanBitz for the Growler and Non-Starter system to be fitted a couple of days after.

Have to say the guys on the phones at VanBitz have been great, running through all the features and benefits and explaining the differences between the alarms / non-starter / trackers etc and we're staying over at the attached Cornish farm site for a day or two after to relax and enjoy.
Take a look at all the reviews on the forum and then for your own peace of mind sort the alarm out asap be it someone like VanBitz or a local to you installer.

The system I really wanted was the wild Honeybadger or Bengal Tiger one..... apparantly they are both frowned upon in this country though, plus.... what the hell do Honeybadgers eat? ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Can also endorse vanbitz, not cheap, but do a good job, great service, and you get a free night on their site.

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Manchester to Eddie vanbitz for strikeback and tracker and non starter as Wh05apk says very neat and tidy job as for price they are more expensive than say Phantom but well worth it imo, we tagged a extra night on the booking was less than £30 I think, can walk into Taunton in about 20/25 minutes get something to eat and walk back and job should be done , should only take maybe 3 hours ish from your neck of the woods , if I was you I would go for it , again good system and well worth it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Does anyone have a SIGMA S34 2>1 Thatcham approved alarm system and who would like to comment on their experiences of this system?

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
But, despite Eddie being a grand fella who knows his stuff, and vanbitz providing excellent service to many of you, there must be someone else able to fit a decent alarm system to a MH at the other end of the country to Devon? Surely.

Upvote 0

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
I can only say that I had cause to visit Vanbitz today to rectify an issue with my alarm system.

Excellent customer service, excellent product knowledge, excellent after sales service. No such issue as sell/fit and forget your customer with them.

Can't recommend them highly enough, and worth travelling for IMO.

(Vanbitz Growler and Non-Starter system on my van = total confidence)
We have their Growler and Non-Starter fitted too. They seem fine, but I’m intrigued what your issue was, in case we experience it too.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back