New Leisure Battery (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Redtomcat

Free Member
May 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
Ford RimorKatamarano
My new fully charged leisure battery is only faintly registering on the control panel and none of the internal lights,fridge etc will work although they work perfectly off the mains or indeed the engine.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It looks like the power from the new leisure battery is not making it through to the distribution/fusebox and the control panel. First thing is to recheck the connections,make sure they are made properly and are tight. There should be a big fuse on the main power wire from the leisure battery, probably 30A to 50A, so check that also. Do you have a multimeter to check the voltages? What make/model is the distribution/fusebox (CBE, Nordelettronica, Reich etc)?

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I put in a new battery. I was getting brown-outs and the voltage on the panel didn't seem to match what I could read at the battery. I was very confused for about 15 mins...

I'd made a cable with crimped connections on each end. I'd then rearranged everything and now the cable had a twist that it wasn't happy with. It had de-sheathed itself and battery wasn't connected at all. Very hard to spot on the confines of by battery bay. The power was all coming from the solar, which made it more confusing. šŸ˜…

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back