New guys looking at renovating an 80's yank tank. (1 Viewer)

popuptoaster

Free Member
Mar 26, 2011
Essex
Funster No
MH
still looking
Exp
Hi all, were new here although im not new to forums, we say we are newbies to motorhomes but as a chiuld my parents always had them or caravans so im only new in that we are after one for ourselves.

We are getting married later this year, but after that are probably going to buiy an old 80's C class that my fried has had parked at my future mum in laws for a while, he's owned it over 2 years and done nothing with it so we would like to have a go at it.

All I can find out so far is that its a Fleetwood Tioga, makers plate says it was made in 198 something, could be 80, 86 or 88, cant read it.

I can read the serial number and wondered if anyone knew of an owners club thats likely to have any info about it? the interior needs tidying up although it appears most of it is still intact.

Would be nice to get some info about original equipment and where it was sold from the manufacturers, but i seem to be unable to contact them, or they dont want to answer my emails anyway.

thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi popuptoaster

Welcome to MH Fun :welcomefunster:

Can't help with your problem, you may have to wait for an answer as a large number of Funsters are at the Newark show at a meet this weekend, if you don't get an answer try again later. I am sure someone can answer your question.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As said a lot away away at the moment

Hi

Suggest you post you question on the sister site www.RVOC.co.uk it is run by the same people, but is only American motorhomes... I am sure you will get plenty of help there.. But a lot are at Newark this weekend, so you may not get much of a response for a few days.

Used to see lots of these Fleetwoods in the USA.. So there are many about, and I suspect a fair few over this side f the pond. The RVOC has a few older RV's to go along with some of the older people:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: seriously there are a few older RV's on the site and they will know a lot about the issues of older motorhomes.. Mind you I owned an A class over 20 years back and still own a fairly modern B class Winnebago sitting out side my door even now.

Great fun.

Regards

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard .. Do visit us all at the RVOC site:thumb:

OP
OP
P

popuptoaster

Free Member
Mar 26, 2011
Essex
Funster No
MH
still looking
Exp
Thanks for the help people, i'll try the US camperls site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back