New GPS (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
My garmin streetpilot has now run out of enough memory on its 2gb hard disk to hold all western europe and the UK so it looks like that we will have to replace it some time in the future. I have never used Tom Tom but with all the available downlaods for it then it looks to be the way to go, the only thing that worries me is again running out of memory. I see the TT 1 EUROPE XL has only got 1gb memory from what i have read but do it hold the mapping on SD cards ? do they come with it when bought new ?
All help apreciated
Ron D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi
I have TT1 XL Europe, it comes ready to use out of the box, all maps pre loaded and there is plenty of memory for updates and extra pois..

I highly recommend it, one of the best, you won't be disappointed.. :thumb:

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Hi

You could take a look at the PDAs at this ebay link = Link Removed

Get an XDA II or IIi and you will (but check) get all in one hand sized gadget :-

Mobile Phone
Camera
Voice Recorder
Windows Programs
Wi-Fi Access (with decent sized screen for most things)
Tom Tom (check for latest version)
GPS Receiver
Car Charger & Normal Charger
Car Mount

I have the IIi and used it across the USA - great for stopping outside motels and turning TomTom off to get emails with WiFi then back to TomTom.

You can get a new set-up for less than ÂŁ200 - which is great when you consider you're getting more than just a SatNav.

If you dont like TomTom, just get Co-Pilot etc onto a SD Card and insert into XDA - simple.

I know someone with a free copy of Europe TT maps if you need one (it will be 2005 maps) :winky: .

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

U

ukrv

Deleted User
OOPS

I know someone with free copy of USA maps not Europe as stated. :Blush:

Paul

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My garmin streetpilot has now run out of enough memory on its 2gb hard disk to hold all western europe and the UK so it looks like that we will have to replace it some time in the future. I have never used Tom Tom but with all the available downlaods for it then it looks to be the way to go, the only thing that worries me is again running out of memory. I see the TT 1 EUROPE XL has only got 1gb memory from what i have read but do it hold the mapping on SD cards ? do they come with it when bought new ?
All help apreciated
Ron D

TOMTOM 600 series has a 20 gig hard drive. fill that if you can. :Eeek ALL EURO MAPS AT STREET LEVEL, MP3, JUKEBOX, AUDIO BOOKS, SPEED CAMERA'S, BLUETOOTH, (INCLUDING SPOKEN TEXT MESSAGES.),
wouldnt buy any other now.

john.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Funnymunny
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Many Thanks

Many thanks for that info, i shall have a closer look at them but would like to keep it simple and not get too compicated with phones etc.
Ron D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back