Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Our chic c line has just had its habitation check, we had two 12V sockets fitted one in the lounge and one in the garage, also fridge fan fitted with wiring coming from top of the fridge across the top of the habitation door behind the control panel into the top locker.
We are on ehu, our batteries are showing full but the panel is constantly showing -3.5A even when everything is turned off. If we disconnect the ehu they still show -3.5A.
Also when we plug into ehu the lights on our truma roof mounted air con flash on for a second then off.
Anyone got any ideas what’s going on?
Looks like we have a 400 mile round trip back to our service guys

Forgot to say we also have 300 watts of solar

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry, not much idea but a couple of thoughts.
Is the media centre/ radio/tv off and isolated?
Do you have an inverter and if so is it off?
Strange that the air con is flashing, that sounds suspicious. Can you pull a fuse to isolate it and then check for the discharge?
Finally, have the new fridge fans got a switch to isolate them?

Best of luck with finding the culprit. (y)

Richard.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Sorry, not much idea but a couple of thoughts.
Is the media centre/ radio/tv off and isolated?
Do you have an inverter and if so is it off?
Strange that the air con is flashing, that sounds suspicious. Can you pull a fuse to isolate it and then check for the discharge?
Finally, have the new fridge fans got a switch to isolate them?

Best of luck with finding the culprit. (y)

Richard.

Thanx for the reply
Everything is off I even turned the water and lights off on the main switch
The aircon lights only flash once when you plug the 240 supply in then they go off ( 2 led strip lights only )

I was told the fuse for the new fans were in the top fridge vent I can’t find them but you can here the fans switch off on control unit

The batteries are showing full I think it’s a false reading but I can’t be sure I will know on Thursday we are off hookup for 4 days

A886B111-311A-4E5E-8A7F-FF9B0BC5043D.jpeg
2D645491-1FA3-4A20-BD6D-F5B31BA890CB.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have you recalibrated the panel since all your electrical enhancements?
I'm sure I read something in the manual about that.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Have you recalibrated the panel since all your electrical enhancements?
I'm sure I read something in the manual about that.
That’s a thought but I need to find out if I have got a drain and it also does not explain
why the aircon lighting comes on for a second when I plug the hookup in

I also pulled every fuse in the consumer unit and it was still showing a minus reading

Thankyou for your reply

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Paul we had a small problem that started with the step refusing to work ,it spread throughout the van various 12 volt items went off and on randomly the only solution was a new control panel luckily our van was still under warranty ,The dealer fitted a new one in 15 minutes all is now working ,maybe yours is the same ?
mike.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hi,Paul we had a small problem that started with the step refusing to work ,it spread throughout the van various 12 volt items went off and on randomly the only solution was a new control panel luckily our van was still under warranty ,The dealer fitted a new one in 15 minutes all is now working ,maybe yours is the same ?
mike.
Maybe Mike but it’s strange the dealer fitted a wire behind the panel then I’m getting a duff reading

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I'd try zeroing the amps reading first. Disconnect EHU and turn panel off. Make sure everything onboard is turned off then turn the panel back on whilst also holding the 'music' switch at the same time. This should give you access to extra settings menu. Scroll through using the 'battery/water' buttons until you reach amps. Hit the 'music' button to select and then use the 'battery/water' to reset amps to zero. Keep scrolling and select save, exit.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I'd try zeroing the amps reading first. Disconnect EHU and turn panel off. Make sure everything onboard is turned off then turn the panel back on whilst also holding the 'music' switch at the same time. This should give you access to extra settings menu. Scroll through using the 'battery/water' buttons until you reach amps. Hit the 'music' button to select and then use the 'battery/water' to reset amps to zero. Keep scrolling and select save, exit.
I turned everything off it would only let me go down to 1.7 amps

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
My concern is that there is a further fault here which is causing the AC lights to flash

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Unplug hookup, disconnect solar, disconnect Pos at battery and stick a meter set to amps inline directly at the battery post.
An ordinary meter will easily cope with 3.5a.
If there is ANY drain that will show it.
Expect a little drain for the control panel etc.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
My panel always shows 1.5 amp drain. Service guy said not to worry,panels aren’t that accurate,and it’s actually 0.4 amps on proper testing,like wot pappajohn said. Just thought I’d mention it. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back