LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The DARC MONO is a custom built expedition vehicle based on the latest generation Iveco Daily 4×4. Both chassis and living cabin meet highest overland demands combined with convenient everyday usability. It is the perfect fit for up to two globetrotters by holding water, gas and energy capacities for more than two weeks of autarkic travels.

The Darc Mono drew inspiration from both Dakar and Formula 1 in building its adventure machine.

Built on a 4x4 full-size van chassis, the Darc Mono touts its Dakar off-roading inspiration with custom adaptive suspension...

The Formula 1 bits, on the other hand, are found on the 161-inch (420-centimeter)-long carbon fiber monocoque.

Orders being taken now for delivery from August

But no indication of cost. Not cheap I suspect. :unsure:

Anybody lust after one? ;)

1614466366213.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whoever designed it hasn't used a MH ... the spot lamp over the lounge sofa will either get knocked off by someone who hits it with their head, or kicked off by the person afterwards in anger 😄 ... and someone should tell them that you do NOT hang a towel next to the toilet! :oops:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I like it but would question wether 185 litres of fresh water is enough for an expedition vehicle?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I like it but would question wether 185 litres of fresh water is enough for an expedition vehicle?
Quoting my own post but I notice that they talk about a "famous water" filtration system so I don't know if it treats its own shower water back to the tank :unsure: there was a self build on here a year or more ago and that had full filtration and UV treatment and recirculated it's own water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why's that?
Well some men aren't known for their good aim and even if they are there could be 'side spray/splash/misting' ... do you really want to use a towel to dry your hands on which is 'contaminated' with some urine? :oops:

Apr 12, 2017
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
I like look of it but being an old git I'd have to question how easy it would be to get in and out of, also usually anything with the title carbon fibre in it when it comes to motoring is usually bloody expensive. Will be interesting to hear what it comes in at.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Well some men aren't known for their good aim and even if they are there could be 'side spray/splash/misting' ... do you really want to use a towel to dry your hands on which is 'contaminated' with some urine? :oops:
You have to make available use of all space this is a Motorhome not a house bathroom. Also you need to take care of you are shaking urine all over then you are not going to take care of the rest of the van.
I sit on the loo every time in the van I’ve not asked what other men do.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Apart from the use of carbon fibre there's not much to make it a better choice than the others available , and there's a fair few to choose from all pretty expensive !!
Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You have to make available use of all space this is a Motorhome not a house bathroom. Also you need to take care of you are shaking urine all over then you are not going to take care of the rest of the van.
I sit on the loo every time in the van I’ve not asked what other men do.
You are the exception as you sit down every time, most men don't ...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Really well when your hubby asks if he can use our bog the answer will be an emphatic “No” 😄
No 2 only exception I assume? 😄

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

But this is a "sittty down" every time Natures Head composting toilet with separate urine collection that doesn't work standing up, especially if you miss the pot all together.

It's better than the 45 litres I get in mine :(

I assume you wouldn't set off across the desert with that then :LOL:

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I’v wiped my hands on a lot worse things than a “ pissy “ towel.
What about swimming in the sea after thousands have used it for a pee as there are no toilets around. Easy way to warm your wet suit if water skiing in the winter months ! Only been told !
At Lyme Regis years ago when we were water skiing it used to be common to see many “ brown things” floating around let alone the liquids that accompanied them.
Never caught anything bad, maybe lucky though.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Nice vehicle, but.....don't think any serious Overlander would want to venture into extremely remote areas using a vehicle powered/controlled by a modern engine management system.

An old Bedford truck or Mercedes Unimog with a simple ignition system might be more appropriate !!!

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
I like look of it but being an old git I'd have to question how easy it would be to get in and out of, also usually anything with the title carbon fibre in it when it comes to motoring is usually bloody expensive. Will be interesting to hear what it comes in at.
Received the spec sheet this pm - Starts at 295k Euros. Extras can put the price to over 315k euros but that does include amongst other things a 'Natures Head' toilet for those that are fretting over that element of the build ;) . Delivery in time for Christmas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back