New Aire (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Hello, Can i post the location of our now open overnight 5 van parking on this forum .Please.

Its called "Glen Duich Aire" Were on Cumloden Rd, Minnigaff, Newton Stewart, DG8 6AF, 01671402568. 07948698732
Sat Nav. N 54.58.18. W.004.28.45. or 54.97175 -4.47934
what 3 words Willpower. Advantage. Honeybees.
We can accommodate Motorhomes and Campers up to 7 metres long ,Parking is situated at the top of our Large walled and Hedged Garden with a lockable gate and is on a Gravel All weather base, it is Parking only as no waste facilities available at Present. (Fresh Water available) We are within a scenic walking distance of Newton Stewart , There are an Aldi, Sainsburys , Restaurants ,Cinema and many more facilities in The Town which is on the River Cree a productive Salmon River ,(Fishing Permits in Season), This area is a very scenic part of Dumfries and Galloway and is Really worth visiting . Safe Journeys . Ā£ 8 per night. Open All year.

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Please share your location, costs, facilities etc (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for the link. The place looks fine but as a Scotland resident why would i want to pay Ā£8 for somewhere with no facilities when I know the area fairly well and can park close by for free?

What covers the Ā£8??

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It's probably more for people who don't know the area too well.
Iā€™d agree,ā€¦ but is it for the good of Scotland as a whole for these places keep popping up , offering very little in return for the Ā£Ā£Ā£ cost. Lots of folk will use them but I just wonā€™t encourage it nor use them. Happy to pay Ā£10 max with fresh water and elsan point. Each to their ownšŸ‘

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the link. The place looks fine but as a Scotland resident why would i want to pay Ā£8 for somewhere with no facilities when I know the area fairly well and can park close by for free?

What covers the Ā£8??

You are, of course, entirely free to do that.

Iā€™d agree,ā€¦ but is it for the good of Scotland as a whole for these places keep popping up , offering very little in return for the Ā£Ā£Ā£ cost.

There are many other residents of Scotland who are crying out for more of these given their experience of living in the vicinity of the NC500. If youā€™re on Facebook you should take a look on the FB group ā€œNC500 - The Land Weepsā€ where they take a very dim view of ā€˜Wild Campingā€™ motorhomers.

Ian

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
since 2006
You are, of course, entirely free to do that.

There are many other residents of Scotland who are crying out for more of these given their experience of living in the vicinity of the NC500. If youā€™re on Facebook you should take a look on the FB group ā€œNC500 - The Land Weepsā€ where they take a very dim view of ā€˜Wild Campingā€™ motorhomers.

Ian
I would not be interested at viewing a NC500 group but the amount of vans doing it is the reason i stopped doing Scotland a few years ago, and the wildcampers i know (was a member of the forum where it was promoted) wouldn't pay Ā£8 to park up (even with water ) but hope the poster can add at least black waste disposal services to make it more like as he calls it an AIRE and then raise his prices to suit. I'm sure many would be happy to pay Ā£10/12 with services .

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
the wildcampers i know (was a member of the forum where it was promoted) wouldn't pay Ā£8 to park up

Thatā€™s a big part of the beef that the locals have!

I would not be interested at viewing a NC500 group

If you did, you might appreciate why official stopovers are required.

Ian

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC

What covers the Ā£8??
Because your a Scottish resident he doesnā€™t expect you tošŸ˜ itā€™s for all us Sassenachs who want to visit and admire your wonderful country šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ give him time he is just sorting it.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Iā€™m not mocking it, just saying these places would be far better if they supplied black waste dump, thatā€™s what we all need most.

Itā€™s a nice area and having toured it in the summer Dumfries and Galloway Council are doing very well at putting in free toilet dumps throughout the area.

Iā€™m sure it will be a popular aire especially in summer to relax and get your awning out šŸ‘. I wish the OP well in the new venture.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Squaddie
best of luck with the new venture, as it looks as its a work in progress it will I'm sure be useful for lots of folk myself included that would like an ldea where they would stop for the night rather than leaving it to chance.
There is on the forum a list of members campsites cls etc. May be worth asking Jim to include yours.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Squaddie
best of luck with the new venture, as it looks as its a work in progress it will I'm sure be useful for lots of folk myself included that would like an ldea where they would stop for the night rather than leaving it to chance.
There is on the forum a list of members campsites cls etc. May be worth asking Jim to include yours.

Glen Duich is a MotorhomeFun exempted CL. We issued the certificated a couple of months ago. (y)

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Iā€™d agree,ā€¦ but is it for the good of Scotland as a whole for these places keep popping up , offering very little in return for the Ā£Ā£Ā£ cost. Lots of folk will use them but I just wonā€™t encourage it nor use them. Happy to pay Ā£10 max with fresh water and elsan point. Each to their ownšŸ‘
I've no knowledge of this area specifically but I m wondering why so many people seem to want emptying facilities at every stop? It is going to limit available places, like the super convenient town edge Aires that France has that don't always have a service point. Surely most people can go a night or do without emptying?

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an EXEMPTED CL? Did you mean excepted?? :unsure:

Exempted. The Secretary of State has prescribed that MotorhomeFun be given 3 paragraph exemptions from the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960. Paras 4,5 and 6. These allow us to rally on private property (4 and 6) and given certain conditions and inpections, exempt landowners from the planning required in the 1960 act (Para 5) We issue the landowner with a certificate that exempts them from planning.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I've no knowledge of this area specifically but I m wondering why so many people seem to want emptying facilities at every stop? It is going to limit available places, like the super convenient town edge Aires that France has that don't always have a service point. Surely most people can go a night or do without emptying?
Sometimes you find a really nice spot where you would like to stay a few days and not keep moving. We were in D&G at the height of the summer along with a few other funsters and none of the places were overcrowded, The more toilet dumps go in the more we can all spread out a bit .

My mum has a bladder problem and can fill a cassette within 2 days so we sometimes need to carry a spare which isnā€™t convenient due to lack of everything else but the kitchen sink being in the van šŸ˜‚

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Iā€™m not mocking it, just saying these places would be far better if they supplied black waste dump, thatā€™s what we all need most.

Itā€™s a nice area and having toured it in the summer Dumfries and Galloway Council are doing very well at putting in free toilet dumps throughout the area.

Iā€™m sure it will be a popular aire especially in summer to relax and get your awning out šŸ‘. I wish the OP well in the new venture.
They cost money and maybe he doesnā€™t know that CamPra have a fund to help pay for facilities such as black waste.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
Thank you for this Squaddie. I travel from Essex to Donegal every year and always have difficulty finding a cl type of site off the A75 once Iā€™m off the ferry coming home which doesnā€™t add much to the mileage. See you next August!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Is it the most recent CampRA aire?

Heddfan

Ian
Yes one of .
Please share your location, costs, facilities etc (y)
Is it the most recent CampRA aire?

Heddfan

Ian

It's probably more for people who don't know the area too well.
They stopped overnight parking on the towns Car park so I thought I could offer somewhere safe. at a Lesser price you tend to get The home made vans wanting to stay a week or more ,not what it is for. you dont like you dont come simples.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
They cost money and maybe he doesnā€™t know that CamPra have a fund to help pay for facilities such as black waste.
Planning permission is required for any waste ,which would add to my Rates and build cost, Ive already got he cost of the are to Live with, Most People just want somewhere Safe to Park overnight, thats what I,m providing . and its in a scenic part of Scotland.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Squaddie
Thank you .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
I would not be interested at viewing a NC500 group but the amount of vans doing it is the reason i stopped doing Scotland a few years ago, and the wildcampers i know (was a member of the forum where it was promoted) wouldn't pay Ā£8 to park up (even with water ) but hope the poster can add at least black waste disposal services to make it more like as he calls it an AIRE and then raise his prices to suit. I'm sure many would be happy to pay Ā£10/12 with services .
I,m trying to provide Safe overnight Parking ,as cheap as possible ,but I have also been told by other Stopover sites if your too cheap say Ā£5 you get all the kind of vans you donts want, the Choice is yours.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Sometimes you find a really nice spot where you would like to stay a few days and not keep moving. We were in D&G at the height of the summer along with a few other funsters and none of the places were overcrowded, The more toilet dumps go in the more we can all spread out a bit .

My mum has a bladder problem and can fill a cassette within 2 days so we sometimes need to carry a spare which isnā€™t convenient due to lack of everything else but the kitchen sink being in the van šŸ˜‚
I,m hoping to get Planning for waste disposal point,

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back