Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
36D55999-E998-454B-951A-7E5BBF802D11.jpeg
Picked up our new Bailey Adamo last weekend,taking her out Saturday for first trip to check everything working.Pleased so far no major issues driving back from dealership to home.

Apr 23, 2022
Arbroath, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4DL
Exp
Now you have had time in the Adamo, what do you think about the build quality, overall design and what has your dealer been like whenever help was needed?

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Overall pleased with our Adamo 7-45DL there’s plenty of room for the 2 of us which helps with the double lounge because if one of us wakes early you can leave the other one to sleep and go and sit at the other end of the van. The drop down table is a bit flimsy one end when fully extended could do with stronger supports underneath. Shower room a bit tight too but we tend to use the facilities where we are staying. All in all happy with the Adamo and glad we brought it last year because Bailey have put another £8,000 to £10,000 on price since last year with nothing changing with the spec.We brought our motorhome from Don Amott in derby and pre sale and after sale have been fine.F5E3DB44-E49B-4178-91DA-C95F8B055F2B.jpeg3E714539-9DDA-47BD-B179-679939713CFA.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2022
Arbroath, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4DL
Exp
Apologies for delayed reply but I have been away on a break in a hotel with limited access to internet. Thanks for the comments which are supportive of my decision to go with the 7-45DL. I was attracted to the Ford chassis and automatic transmission because I hired a Swift on Fiat chassis and thought it distinctly commercial vehicle to drive whereas my experience with Transit vans was better.
There will primarily be two of use using the motorhome for short breaks - we live on the east cost of Scotland and have many potential attractions to see within a 3 hour drive. We have young grandchildren so they could accompany us instead of looking after them at home when their parents are working shifts. Like you we usually use site shower facilities so think the compromise with onboard "bathroom" facilities is worthwhile and we value the double lounge arrangement. I am delighted by Bailey honouring the June 21 price even after the price increases you have commented upon!

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
That’s good news with the price being held to last June.
Have you been given a delivery date yet?
I don’t drive myself but Lisa says having an automatic is so much more relaxing drive having had a manual gearbox on our last motorhome.
Hope you get the same enjoyment out of it as we have been having and make loads of lovely memories.

Cheers Wayne-Lisa

rae

Free Member
May 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo oneday!
Nice to hear you are enjoying your Adamo. I ordered the 75-4DL in April 2021 but unfortunately bailey keep pushing the build back! doubt it will arrive this year but at least the price the held, its gone up by £13.970 since we ordered - absolutely crazy price increases

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice to hear you are enjoying your Adamo. I ordered the 75-4DL in April 2021 but unfortunately bailey keep pushing the build back! doubt it will arrive this year but at least the price the held, its gone up by £13.970 since we ordered - absolutely crazy price increases
Hope they don't keep you waiting too much longer, but that price increase will sweeten the deal for you (y)

rae

Free Member
May 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo oneday!
Hope they don't keep you waiting too much longer, but that price increase will sweeten the deal for you (y)
Yes it certainly helps - crazy times unfortunately means crazy waits!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes it certainly helps - crazy times unfortunately means crazy waits!

I just bought a late 2021 Ifor Williams trailer. I paid 1k over the new list price. With a minimum 18 month waiting list I towed it away happy I'd had a good deal!

Reactions: rae
May 24, 2023
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Caravanning 20 years
Hi all,

hopefully you’re all enjoying your new Adamo’s ? We are seriously considering the 75-4DL as our first Motorhome. We are changing up from a Caravan.

any comments about this model after living with it for a year or two.

How are you managing with the limited payload? Our intention is to use as a couple with only the occasional extra person.

However, when you add on an awning/canopy, m/wave oven and start mentally adding in all the usual things we get close to MTPLM without any food and only limited clothes. That worries us.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions

cheers

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Hi all,

hopefully you’re all enjoying your new Adamo’s ? We are seriously considering the 75-4DL as our first Motorhome. We are changing up from a Caravan.

any comments about this model after living with it for a year or two.

How are you managing with the limited payload? Our intention is to use as a couple with only the occasional extra person.

However, when you add on an awning/canopy, m/wave oven and start mentally adding in all the usual things we get close to MTPLM without any food and only limited clothes. That worries us.

I appreciate any comments or suggestions

cheers
We are loving the Adamo 75-4 DL like you there’s just the 2 of us so ample room and you don’t feel like you’re living on top of each other.

The only thing we would like is a bigger bathroom/ wet room but we mostly stay on sites so use their facilities.

I’ve been told it’s a sheer pleasure to drive by Lisa who does all the driving and said she would never want to go back to a manual gearbox so much easier being automatic.

The weight issue isn’t a problem we travel light fill up with water when we get to sites, plenty of room in the garage for lightweight table and chairs etc.

We haven’t had any fitted like wind out canopy, we do take a stand alone awning with us if we are staying somewhere for a week or so . ( photos attached ).
CF939682-00BB-4DEA-8F4E-9E7A78F190D7.jpeg
1FA3BD23-53EE-42B9-ADA5-4479A69B6B90.jpeg
Gives you a little more freedom.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

Cheers Wayne-Lisa

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
We looked at an adamo recently but went for an autograph instead. Bigger bathroom, bigger everything in fact and a great drive.

May 24, 2023
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Caravanning 20 years
We are loving the Adamo 75-4 DL like you there’s just the 2 of us so ample room and you don’t feel like you’re living on top of each other.

The only thing we would like is a bigger bathroom/ wet room but we mostly stay on sites so use their facilities.

I’ve been told it’s a sheer pleasure to drive by Lisa who does all the driving and said she would never want to go back to a manual gearbox so much easier being automatic.

The weight issue isn’t a problem we travel light fill up with water when we get to sites, plenty of room in the garage for lightweight table and chairs etc.

We haven’t had any fitted like wind out canopy, we do take a stand alone awning with us if we are staying somewhere for a week or so . ( photos attached ).Gives you a little more freedom.

Hope this has been helpful to you.

Cheers Wayne-Lisa
Good to know you still love it.
It’s typical with the washroom, all the other variants have a shower cubicle, but this one has the curtain, which did put us off a little, but I now think we can suffer it!
I still think the payload is an issue for us so I’ve emailed SvTech this morning with a general enquiry about options to increase the payload through replating- will see what they say if they reply
and despite being a lifelong manual driver (though I have driven the odd auto works car), I’m convinced of the benefits of an auto box for a motorhome, so really good to hear your view of drivability.
keep enjoying it (her?)

May 24, 2023
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Caravanning 20 years
We looked at an adamo recently but went for an autograph instead. Bigger bathroom, bigger everything in fact and a great drive.
Nice looking in photographs and higher spec but the thing is we have yet to see an Autograph in the flesh in the 4 dealers we’ve visited, and none of the layouts appeal to us, plus Peugeot is manual only, so we’ll prob stick with the Adamo idea, but who knows, never say never!

OP
OP
Wayne_Lisa
Oct 10, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 760
Exp
1st year
Good to know you still love it.
It’s typical with the washroom, all the other variants have a shower cubicle, but this one has the curtain, which did put us off a little, but I now think we can suffer it!
I still think the payload is an issue for us so I’ve emailed SvTech this morning with a general enquiry about options to increase the payload through replating- will see what they say if they reply
and despite being a lifelong manual driver (though I have driven the odd auto works car), I’m convinced of the benefits of an auto box for a motorhome, so really good to hear your view of drivability.
keep enjoying it (her?)
Don’t know if you are on Facebook I’m not myself but Lisa is and there is Adamo Facebook page and quite a few have up plated .

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Nice looking in photographs and higher spec but the thing is we have yet to see an Autograph in the flesh in the 4 dealers we’ve visited, and none of the layouts appeal to us, plus Peugeot is manual only, so we’ll prob stick with the Adamo idea, but who knows, never say never!
Our issue with the adamo was both of us kept knocking our heads getting into the cab from the hab area, there much more space in the autograph and even the Alliance we moved up from and the important thing for us was space, as such the fixed bed and the end to end washroom is perfect for us. Also on a personal note I've heard far too many issues about security and the transit base over the last couple of years, I know that the sevel vans also have issues and of course first thing to do is book in with vanbitz anyway.

May 24, 2023
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Caravanning 20 years
Don’t know if you are on Facebook I’m not myself but Lisa is and there is Adamo Facebook page and quite a few have up plated .
I joined yesterday 😀 but thanks for the recommendation

had a good look this morning

my summary of negative issues

• stupid waste water outlet - relatively easy to solve
  • poor water pump/ water level control - pump can be replaced but water levels can be tricky leading to overflows
  • stupid whale water inlet - can be replaced with a simple hose filler
  • build quality - eg wires not connected properly, silicon sealant can be messy
  • spare part availability poor, Prima not well thought of
  • payloads - poor but some people have upplated, so seeking more info
  • Ford engine electrical issues due to water ingress, but I believe newer models aren’t affected
  • not a lot of movement on list prices at dealers if at all, but might get some extras thrown in or at reduced prices (but that might be same for all makes due to demand high and availability low)

positives
-nice to drive. Ford cab and auto box works well - we are Ford family in that all our cars have been fords for many years ( Kuga, S-max, mondeo estate, mondeo hatch, Sierra and multiple fiestas) so familiar with how a Ford cab/dash looks and feels
  • relatively quiet and rattle free drive
  • comfortable drop-down beds
  • 75-4DL nice space usage with twin lounge
  • Bailey looks - as Bailey caravan owners we are again familiar with that look, and we are not keen on the whites and greats that other manufacturers favour

I think that’s it at the moment, will ponder for a few days and we might return to a dealer in a couple of weeks for a more serious discussion

cheers
Richard

May 24, 2023
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Caravanning 20 years
Our issue with the adamo was both of us kept knocking our heads getting into the cab from the hab area, there much more space in the autograph and even the Alliance we moved up from and the important thing for us was space, as such the fixed bed and the end to end washroom is perfect for us. Also on a personal note I've heard far too many issues about security and the transit base over the last couple of years, I know that the sevel vans also have issues and of course first thing to do is book in with vanbitz anyway.
Interesting! Will see if there are any in stock close by for a comparison

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back