MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
We have not been there but maybe this link and form will be of help :

home - schwangau.de

From one of their pages:

camping:

Two campsites are located in Schwangau: Camping Brunnen and Camping Bannwaldsee. (The link to the last one didnt work :Doh:)

need help?

the pages linked above are offered in german only. please feel free to use our contact form for questions and enquiries. The tourist information Schwangau will contact you and try to help you.
unquote

Regards
Paul and Ineke

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
thanks for the info i have seen these pages wondering about parking at castle or how to get there without taking the motorhome there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
There is a large carpark adjacent to the chitty chitty bang bang castle, it takes cars, coaches and motorhomes, possibly also caravans but I don't remember seeing any of those when I was there last year.

It's a beautiful castle and well worth a visit. Allow several hours as there is so much to see.

Phil.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
There are a couple of Stellplatz areas not too far away, they are listed in the Reismobile book, stayed at one a couple of years ago & road up to the castle on bikes but then was too shattered to walk round the castle.
Just looked, we stayed at one in Fussen GPS 47º 34' 57" N 10º 42' 12" E & cost 9 euro a night in 2007 there was another bigger one just up the road that one was 10 euros a night.

Last edited:

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
that Schwangau area looks wonderful might look at that myself

tincan

Free Member
Sep 10, 2007
Funster No
One of the best serviced sites we have ever stayed on is in Hopfen am zee (sp). It is only a short distance to the castles where there is more than adequate parking for MHs.

Noel

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
We have been three times now, the first time, we stayed at Camping Brunnen which is an excellent 5 star site. It does come with 5 star prices but at the time of our visit we simply did not care, with fine views of the castle and sunsets over the lake the place is idilyc. The site is not far from Fuessen or the castle, only about 5km.

The second and third times we stayed at the Stellplatz at Fuessen, again this is a first class facilites, showers, washing machine, tumble dryers , internet access and an onsite restaraunt. We did not it use it, but did go to Lidl across the road from the entrance. A frequent bus service to and from centre from corner of street.

We love this area of Bavaria, it's stunningly beautifull. A trip up in the Telegburg cable car is well worth it, with views of castle, lakes and surrounding area which along with Fuessen was used to film a number of escape scenes from the film The Great Escape.

At the end of the Romatisch Straße, Neuschwanstein Schloss really is a must see jewel. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Forgot to add the pictures.

1.. View from Camping Brunnen.
2.. View from Telegberg looking over Fuessen.
3.. Stellplatz at Fuessen

Last edited:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
I know I am going to be the odd one out but my advice would be to buy a poster of the castle and enjoy looking at it as visiting it is bit a let down. There is a large parking area near the base village for all types of vehicle. Once parked you go to the ticket office and buy your ticket for the castle(s) you wish to visit, the ticket has your entry time printed. Its a reasonably steep walk to the castle itself and you have to be their at the time on your ticket, the entry process is controlled by neon signage, a guide whisks you around and out again.
It was just a bit too touristy and controlled for my liking and not a great deal inside to see,the best views were the posters hanging in the multitude of gift shops. The cable car described in an earlier post was worthwhile, if you feel brave you can strap yourself to an expert hanglider and take a running jump literally from a ramp off the top of the mountain, watching was enough for amusement for me especially when the novice was too nervous to run fast enough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back