Netflix are clamping down on sharing accounts. ? (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:doh: We share our daughters account and love it, when we leave and rent our apartment to guests we remove the password, the guest then come in and put in their password ? just had to remove 5 passwords from our TV, some people are so careless, ? still better than last year, someone came in May for a week and set our hard drive to record coronation street and emmerdale and it recorded them until October. ?? Bob.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Why record anything it's on catch-up for weeks?
You can be let down by assuming everything is on catch up :(
Although nowadays it is usually just odd media licensing setups for sports that impact us

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Why record anything it's on catch-up for weeks?

To fast forward through the adverts. Routinely record programs wish to watch.....often start playback 10 mins later.....fast forward through the ads.....and usually finish at the same time as the programme broadcast. On catch up (e.g. ITV) can not fast forward to avoid the ads.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Good!
My bloody Mrs is constantly giving my password to her friends/ family and just about everyone she knows.
The other night I went to watch my Netflix and I couldn't as every bastard person that lives in the UK was on mine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Do these TV channels really think we are all so stupid as to sit or have the patience to watch 8 mins of adverts during programs, especially Films?
SWMBO was trying to watch a live film the other night, it was Liam Nesson in a film called Commuter, I actually manged to boil the kettle, make the tea & and a cheese sandwich before the adverts finished!, I gave up watching when more adverts came on and I hadn't finished the tea & sandwich!!
Just cannot watch live TV these days, even The BBC pee me off with their trailer links to forthcoming dramas etc.......Just get on with it I shout at the tele, please:swear::banghead:
Les

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
To fast forward through the adverts. Routinely record programs wish to watch.....often start playback 10 mins later.....fast forward through the ads.....and usually finish at the same time as the programme broadcast. On catch up (e.g. ITV) can not fast forward to avoid the ads.
We use catch up on our sky box for itv and other programmes with adverts, when it comes to advert time the programme stops and then continues almost immediately without adverts

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What drives me mad is fast forwarding the adds only to catch a trailer of what your watching stopping to find it is only the trailer and not the prog, then you spend the next ten mins going back and forth till you eventually get back were you were
somtimes quicker to watch the damn adds, or go wash the car or something

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
not quite correct on ITV hub for a fee of £ 3.95 Pm you do not get the ads at all

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Any details about the subject “Netflix are clamping down on sharing accounts.”?
Asking for a friend ?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Any details about the subject “Netflix are clamping down on sharing accounts.”?
Asking for a friend ?

I suppose they look at IP addresses and counties for persistent use and abuse...but obvs for short stays and holidays they should not do anything to those accounts...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back