Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
After a few sad, empty years motorhomeless, I've taken the plunge here in France and bought a tidy (albeit a bit orange) 2004 B584! First Hymer, first A Class, first French vehicle (I live here FT now). I had many, many years of micros - Romahomes etc, then moved up to a Murvi (which I adored) but have always been attracted to the compact, bar-layout B 584s. Was aiming for a Starline, but rare as hen's teeth, and probably paid over the odds for this 2.8l Fiat, but such is the present market! First project with be to get it totally off-grid ready. I'm researching retrofitting a decent amount of solar, extra batteries and leds. Very, very excited!! Feel like a proper Funster once again - hurrah!!

IMG20211023164405.jpg
IMG20211023164543.jpg
IMG20211023164553.jpg
IMG20211023164524.jpg

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Lovely šŸŠ van mate. Welcome. I have a starline 655 and love it also my 4th van first a class. And wonā€™t go back. Easy enough to fit solar plenty of info here fit grllc batteries. And easy change to led for all the lights. They are great vans enjoy. Plenty of people here who are hymer experts you will be well looked after. šŸ‘šŸ„ƒ

Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Lovely šŸŠ van mate. Welcome. I have a starline 655 and love it also my 4th van first a class. And wonā€™t go back. Easy enough to fit solar plenty of info here fit grllc batteries. And easy change to led for all the lights. They are great vans enjoy. Plenty of people here who are hymer experts you will be well looked after. šŸ‘šŸ„ƒV

Lovely šŸŠ van mate. Welcome. I have a starline 655 and love it also my 4th van first a class. And wonā€™t go back. Easy enough to fit solar plenty of info here fit grllc batteries. And easy change to led for all the lights. They are great vans enjoy. Plenty of people here who are hymer experts you will be well looked after. šŸ‘šŸ„ƒ
Very glad and relieved to hear that FH. Yes, for now it fits my plans to a tee. Hard to go wrong with a well-cared for Hymer A class from that year, or so I'm told! More space to tootle around here in France as well, so it's the right place to have one - I remember quite a few hair-raising moments on British lanes with my PVC, never mind a chubby A class! Me is very happy!

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Glad you've found one. Looks very nice. Were you a member of Hari Krishna in a previous incarnation?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Your van looks to be in very good condition. High glossy shine on the outside. I wish my van looked that shiny.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Your van looks to be in very good condition. High glossy shine on the outside. I wish my van looked that shiny.
It's pretty good. I think it was mostly kept under cover in the off season. Decals are a bit faded, but over-all, a pretty little van for its age. I don't have it in my possession just yet - put a deposit on it today and should have it home next week some time. Will try very hard not to obsess about blemishes and only pay attention the shiny bits! And hey, if the mechanical side is in good order, I'm a happy camper!

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Our first A class was a 2003 B584, imported new from Germany. It was a LHD, and we travelled down to Greece as our very first trip. No idea what we were doing, but loved every minute. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Lovely van!

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Our first A class was a 2003 B584, imported new from Germany. It was a LHD, and we travelled down to Greece as our very first trip. No idea what we were doing, but loved every minute. I hope you have as much fun as we did. Lovely van!
Ahh - you're in a big Pilote now. They were on my radar as well. Starting small - only me and the wee, prehistoric terrier anyway!
Thank you very much for your good wishes. May take her to see Finikounda, Peloponnese in the future too!

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Ahh - you're in a big Pilote now. They were on my radar as well. Starting small - only me and the wee, prehistoric terrier anyway!
Thank you very much for your good wishes. May take her to see Finikounda, Peloponnese in the future too!
Well, our Pilote is only 50 cm longer than the B584!! Hardly a big Pilote. :giggle: Finikounda is great. We stayed there in 2004/2005. Nice site outside the village to the North. Don't remember it's name. Probably something imaginative like Finikounda Camping.....

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Well, our Pilote is only 50 cm longer than the B584!! Hardly a big Pilote. :giggle: Finikounda is great. We stayed there in 2004/2005. Nice site outside the village to the North. Don't remember it's name. Probably something imaginative like Finikounda Camping.....
Lol! Well, a half a metre in the motorhome world can make all the difference! Camping Thines - right on the beach. I spent a couple of months there in the winter of 2009 in my old Trigano Tribute. Wandered around most of Greece, including the mountains of the north - so absolutely wonderful in the off season. Lots to rediscover in my slightly more comfy new van. For now, still working and will make do with the Normandy coastlines on the weekends. Not too shabby either.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Great condition and lovely snd shiny too šŸ‘ Hope you have many happy adventures in your new naranja dreamšŸ„°

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Nice van. Had a 2002 Hymer B544 from new. Kept it for 10 years. Only probs was new front wheel bearings required at 35k miles.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the "tango van" :rofl:

May 18, 2019
Funster No
Just reading thru' all the comments and smiling at every single one of them.
All our journeys individually and collectively as funsters and as a group is an amazing one.
This is a great site, a great family for information / inspiration / help / advice
I remember the internal colours (sorry ! of our first 2005 MH a bright and shiney brand new Starline)
LHD with the same fabric as yours, imported straight from Deutschland and it was totally amazing.
Just the same build quality as what i had.
A lot of funsters now complain about the build quality of Hymer after a certain year and quite rightly so.
I now have a 2008 S class hymer.
You reckon you paid slightly over the odds but i can tell you now.
this A class

She will never let you down

x

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Gorgeous van congratulations. Iā€™m sure you will enjoy every mile in her and soon forget what you paidā€¦.worth every penny in Fun. Hope to read of your travels with your dog.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Just reading thru' all the comments and smiling at every single one of them.
All our journeys individually and collectively as funsters and as a group is an amazing one.
This is a great site, a great family for information / inspiration / help / advice
I remember the internal colours (sorry ! of our first 2005 MH a bright and shiney brand new Starline)
LHD with the same fabric as yours, imported straight from Deutschland and it was totally amazing.
Just the same build quality as what i had.
A lot of funsters now complain about the build quality of Hymer after a certain year and quite rightly so.
I now have a 2008 S class hymer.
You reckon you paid slightly over the odds but i can tell you now.
this A class

She will never let you down

x
Very poetic...:h::h::h:. Bless you.
Yes, even if I had the budget for a new van, I'd still have gone for this one or one just like her in the early 2000's. Did my homework! And finally screwed up the courage to drive a chubby!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back