Moving on Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
:helptitanic:Wouldn't you just know it, after a month of super weath we're packing up today to leave our hillside perch overlooking Worthing. It has poured with rain almost non-stop all day so we got a drenching putting the car on the trailer and emptying the tanks. We now look like a shipwreck inside with dog and man towels drying everywhere, wellies in the doorway etc. At least we're pointing downhill so should get off ok. Longfurlong CC CL if anyone's interested, open all year, hook up, shower (v basic) and toilet. Sloping grass site £10/night.Canterbury C & CC tomorrow for a winter seasonal pitch so hopefully we'll meet some Funsters there.Jan

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Weather is lousey here today as well Jan. Seems like only yesterday we were sitting outside in vest and shorts enjoying the sunshine at Worthing.::bigsmile:
Safe journey to Canterbury.:thumb:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Jan
Weather's lousey here today, but should be dry and bright tomorrow :thumb:
Unfortunately the forcast says damp and dreary for the rest of the week.
Btw fishing is free within the city walls, is-it coarse or sea fishing you do?

...regards...nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry Jan but i cant get me 'ead round staying on one site for a whole month. :Eeek:

i thought the idea of a motorhome was to go where you want, when you want and with minimum fuss.:thumb:

i dont mean to upset anyone with this post.....just cant understand why !!!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Pappajohn

If I recall correctly Jan and her husband are full timers and move on as and when the fancy takes them. Staying on a pitch for a month or more probably secures them a cheaper rate.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Pappajohn

If I recall correctly Jan and her husband are full timers and move on as and when the fancy takes them. Staying on a pitch for a month or more probably secures them a cheaper rate.

fair comment Brisey.....i didnt realise they were fulltimers.:Doh:

apologies to Jan :Blush:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well John as I get ready for work after a week off, I for one would not mind being in Jans position fulltiming or not::bigsmile:

good luck Jan enjoy your next site.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
well John as I get ready for work after a week off, I for one would not mind being in Jans position fulltiming or not::bigsmile:

good luck Jan enjoy your next site.

well paul, as i get ready for work after a weekend off i feel like chewin' me hand off so i dont have to go....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Now installed in Canterbury, a great trip here, even the M25 was flowing (a first for us, hate the road). We find it cost effective to stay a month or more in one place and use the car to explore, especially as we're 'northerners' and the south of England is relatively new to us. OK, we're simple, buy an OS map, explore, enjoy.

Merv does fly fishing, coarse fishing and sea fishing, which is why we had to buy such a big rv to accommodate all the gear. He's an ace fly fisherman, a fair coarse fisherman and a totally hopeless sea fisherman (best catch a M & S carrier bag full of seawater that looked like a big fish until he landed it!). I don't fish, can't sit still that long!
Jan

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi

We like Canterbury C&CC and just a tip its worth looking at the weekly bus pass as it really is good value and you could save the cost against petrol for your car.

The bus routes from Canterbury are really good, as everything seems to be centred on the town so nearly all routes start from the bus station and radiate out from there, i think it cost £18 for 7 days against £5.50 per day its also worth it to avoid the walk up the hill from town :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Hope that helps.

Now installed in Canterbury, a great trip here, even the M25 was flowing (a first for us, hate the road). We find it cost effective to stay a month or more in one place and use the car to explore, especially as we're 'northerners' and the south of England is relatively new to us. OK, we're simple, buy an OS map, explore, enjoy.

Merv does fly fishing, coarse fishing and sea fishing, which is why we had to buy such a big rv to accommodate all the gear. He's an ace fly fisherman, a fair coarse fisherman and a totally hopeless sea fisherman (best catch a M & S carrier bag full of seawater that looked like a big fish until he landed it!). I don't fish, can't sit still that long!
Jan

asinboat43

Free Member
Aug 2, 2008
anywhere & everywhere
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
9 years
Hi Jan, got you @ last, will see you guys @ Paula's take care lol malc & gina

:helptitanic:Wouldn't you just know it, after a month of super weath we're packing up today to leave our hillside perch overlooking Worthing. It has poured with rain almost non-stop all day so we got a drenching putting the car on the trailer and emptying the tanks. We now look like a shipwreck inside with dog and man towels drying everywhere, wellies in the doorway etc. At least we're pointing downhill so should get off ok. Longfurlong CC CL if anyone's interested, open all year, hook up, shower (v basic) and toilet. Sloping grass site £10/night.Canterbury C & CC tomorrow for a winter seasonal pitch so hopefully we'll meet some Funsters there.Jan

not sure if I am doing this right but will try again take care lol malc & gina xx

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The bus routes from Canterbury are really good, as everything seems to be centred on the town so nearly all routes start from the bus station and radiate out from there, i think it cost £18 for 7 days against £5.50 per day its also worth it to avoid the walk up the hill from town

Hi Barunston
Ours is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

:roflmto:

This is actually a really good motive for staying in England. You can travel about on local transport and see the area all for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!, as long as your ancient enough and by that time youv'e probabley already been there.
Jim
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back