Free Member
Jun 29, 2017
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
Busy cleaning our new addition : 2008 Celtic Rambler. Any advice on how to get rid of mould impregnated into silicone around windows and doors and in the shower. Have tried Cif and bleach.
Also any ideas to clean staining on insect blinds on the windows?

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
IMG_0003.JPG
Works a treat (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can you explain a wee bitty more, how does a candle get rid of mould?:unsure: Oh, hang on, NOW I understand, that's why wifey has hunners of them aroond the bath.(y)
She must be real chuffed wi the result 'cause she always comes oot the bath wi a wee glint in her eye!;) Or maybe that's the champers that's in there wi her!:confused:

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Can you explain a wee bitty more, how does a candle get rid of mould?:unsure: Oh, hang on, NOW I understand, that's why wifey has hunners of them aroond the bath.(y)
She must be real chuffed wi the result 'cause she always comes oot the bath wi a wee glint in her eye!;) Or maybe that's the champers that's in there wi her!:confused:
Brilliant ,very funny :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
The OP says "impregnated in the silicon". Not a great MH experience but 45 years in construction industry so would suggest total visible silicon removal along with impregnated mould. Then replace with mould resistant silicon. Try and find a trade product from your local plastics suppliers.
Jim

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The OP says "impregnated in the silicon". Not a great MH experience but 45 years in construction industry so would suggest total visible silicon removal along with impregnated mould. Then replace with mould resistant silicon. Try and find a trade product from your local plastics suppliers.
Jim

Over the years i have tried all the silicone they have brought out i.e. forever white etc and non of them work as they say they will.
They call them mould resistant, given the correct conditions mould will grow on just about anything.

Use a good quality silicone and keep it clean and dry down when you have finished in the bath or shower.

I tend to use dow corning its nice to use out of the gun and good quality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back