Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
So if you have downloaded the app, how do you get it without separately downloading outside the app or paying. Sorry cannot do with reading 6 pages of posts?
I believe it works the same as other magazine app, C&MC for instance.
the magazine will come down automatically each month and they are saved within the app. No work needed on your part.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Downloaded on my Android tablet, no problems. A really good read, thank you Jim. Only problem is that we've just bought a new van and visited vanbitz!!!! Should have waited for the next edition and learned how to negotiate discounts and entered the Vanbitz competition!!!! Never mind as this our forevever van ;) won't need that now :).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
tried downloading via the app but worried because it says ‘in app purchases’
also can it be read off line in app.

I downloaded it via Yumpu and then saved in iBook.
The in app purchase are for individual editions or an annual subscription but this doesn't apply if you use Jim's link because this makes it free.

Once you've downloaded an edition you can read it off line. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Done that all went ok, but how do I get further issues.

I believe it works the same as other magazine app, C&MC for instance.
the magazine will come down automatically each month and they are saved within the app. No work needed on your part.
Mikey RV. That's how I understood the App to work too. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Found the app very easy to set up and use..
Only one comment Jim ..
The link to in the first post should perhaps be made a sticky ?

Reactions: DBK
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Jim

I posted this on another thread in response to a Q re buying, but it probably would be better on here, so I replicate it below

"

Jim

I opened the laptop version but could not find a way to zoom in on the print which was difficult for me to read.

Did I miss something? I tried clicking left and right on the mouse.

Geoff
on the right at bottom is a + sign this zooms page

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorted now, using the app. Downloaded app and the message-subscription uncooked.
Good read thanks for all the hard work, Jim.

• Love It
Reactions: Jim

Daz6175

Free Member
Aug 10, 2019
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach
Exp
Since 2006
Nice to meet you at the MOHO show today & thx for the sticker & badges but I still cant get this link to download & work

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
The magazine looks good to me, downloaded with no problems.
We must be part of the rare breed that bought our first motorhome at the first show we went to and are still happy with it 3 1/2 years later and no plans to change it in the foreseeable future :)(y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sorted now, using the app. Downloaded app and the message-subscription uncooked.
Good read thanks for all the hard work, Jim.
Of cause that should of read ‘unlocked’ but iPad didn’t think that’s what I wanted to say:confused:

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Brill, thanks Jim, some useful articles, particularly security as we are going to Vanbitz on Sunday for alarm installation. Would like to know more about better Internet access from Adam & Sophie, haven't quite got my head around it yet. Would also love to hear from Liz and David on vineyards in France where you can pitch up for night or two, cost of doing so and of course enjoying their wines. Thanks once again. Live the dream SMUDGER55

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Jim,

Congratulations on a fantastic publication, I downloaded while in France, but was unable to open the mag, so left it until back in UK. Just opened it here in Canterbury, all ok except I am unable to leave Erwin Hymer's page, any advice would be appreciated please to enable be to access the rest.

Is it a case of delete and start again, or some other action I need to take, thanks in anticipation.

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
A good read, as interesting and useful as the mags on sale in newsagents.

Well done, and thank you, to all concerned.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
At 9.00 am this morning it was "trending", or whatever you techies call it, at no. 3 in the download charts! Still at no 6 at lunchtime!

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Well impressed. Thank you for this - it's really good. Well done!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Jim,

Congratulations on a fantastic publication, I downloaded while in France, but was unable to open the mag, so left it until back in UK. Just opened it here in Canterbury, all ok except I am unable to leave Erwin Hymer's page, any advice would be appreciated please to enable be to access the rest.

Is it a case of delete and start again, or some other action I need to take, thanks in anticipation.

It's a cunning plot! You can't get out until you agree to buy a Hymer!!! :Grin:

There's been a couple of odd problems, some of which we've seen at the NEC but they were all sorted by deleting the app (and check your apps to make sure it has deleted) then turn off your phone or whatever completely (or use reset if you've got that) before restarting then trying again using the link in Post 1 of the thread - they all appeared to work after that.

At the same time you might check if the software on your device is fully up to date - I believe Apple may have done an update yesterday.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Thanks Terryl

I will follow your advice, maybe tomorrow, I'm pleased I'm not an isolated incident, better leave it until tomorrow, or I may opt to buy a new Hyper! !!!!

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
MMM watch out, our wee Jim is about,
Good first effort, now the problem is to keep up your high standard

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Morning, so i have managed the download of app and then clicked 'link' in Jims first post. However, just get a message saying...'there is a problem generating your subscription' any one had this or found a way to still get the magazine? Thank you. Ry

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Morning, so i have managed the download of app and then clicked 'link' in Jims first post. However, just get a message saying...'there is a problem generating your subscription' any one had this or found a way to still get the magazine? Thank you. Ry
What usually works is you have to uninstall the app then reboot the device. Then install it again. The reboot is important, just uninstalling isn't usually enough.

Why it misbehaves is beyond me but other apps don't do this so there must still be a big or two in it.

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Yeah tried that route too. Still showing the same. Maybe ill give it another go if being temperamental. Thank you for the swift response.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

What machine are you using?

Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
I have an android phone, I've had to give up for now, it kept asking me to pay? and I couldn't get away from how you want to pay page? sorry, I'm not very tech savvy .

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have an android phone, I've had to give up for now, it kept asking me to pay? and I couldn't get away from how you want to pay page? sorry, I'm not very tech savvy .

If it is asking you to pay, that means you likely downloaded it directly from the store and not via our link. Follow each step

1. Delete the app from your phone
  2. Shut your phone down. (Don't just switch it off, shut it down)
  3. Start your phone
  4. Re-visit this link FREE SUBSCRIPTION.
Hopefully, that will help. (y)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
I can download it but when I click "view" all I see is a white blank screen. I uninstalled then followed the links but still nothing.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
1: delete the app, 2: go to your app store, 3: search for the app, download it, 4 click on the first issue and download it yy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back