Motorhome security (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
J
Jan 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Chausson
No comments yet, I have a few questions. He introduced himself to me a little while ago, he sent me this video. I will have a chat with him at Newbury next week.

Thanks Jim, look forward to your view.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
Imagine if your phone died in the night on a campsite, BT disconnected, 30 seconds later everyone is awake and your scrambling round for a charger wondering what's happening :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Imagine if your phone died in the night on a campsite, BT disconnected, 30 seconds later everyone is awake and your scrambling round for a charger wondering what's happening :LOL:
It is only live once you have started the vehicle.

Be interesting if ypu can have more than one phone registered to it

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
It is only live once you have started the vehicle.

Be interesting if ypu can have more than one phone registered to it
Yeah that makes sense, I just imagine the terror if it did occur. On our first venture out we hadn't quite figured the alarm out and it went off a couple of times whilst we were walking away from it 😀

Upvote 0

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
Clever, be interested to hear some views from people who try it.

Multiple phones would really be necessary, and there is a question mark about whether you can rely on bluetooth to be 100% reliable all the time. If your phone has a wobble or crashes or whatever then you will lose power, possibly in a position where it isn't safe to do so like doing 60 in the middle lane of the M4. Of course you could deal with that by only having the device stop the engine in (say) the first 2 minutes after it is started.

cheers,

Robin

Upvote 0

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Sounds interesting….

but still allows you to ride off down an excluded road?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 10, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Jumbo
I have got this "StopMyEngine" fitted in my van.. The only time the alarm (which is the horn) would go off is if it is stolen and the engine is running at the time it is stolen, once it get out of bluetooth reach it slowly stops the engine by intermittently cutting the ignition to it. This gives the feeling of it breaking down.. once it has come to a stop, it then sounds the horn.. This all happens in the distance just out of your bluetooth range.. If you leave your van in a carpark, walk off to go shopping, you lock your van as normal, (this sets the standard factory alarm) as you walk out of bluetooth range "StopMyEngine" will automatically arm its self and engine cannot be started anyway. This is the immobiliser part.. It does not sound the horn if someone tries to start it, but your factory fitted alarm should sound anyway.. I hope this helps you people out.. There are always doubter out there that will make an argument, saying ho what if this and what if that, all I say is that it works. I never leave my phone in the van, muggers no not to take phones any more as they are tract anyway.. If i am in a garage for fuel, my phone goes into my pocket as my card to pay for fuel in the phone and I lock the central locking.. As for "Give Me Your Van and Give Me Your Phone" only a fool will assist a mugger, that's the time to argue, and gives you time to turn your phone off before they take it.. but of course as long as your phone is password protected.. THATS MY SMALL RANT OVER.. Sorry, and hope this answers what you were thinking..

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have got this "StopMyEngine" fitted in my van.. The only time the alarm (which is the horn) would go off is if it is stolen and the engine is running at the time it is stolen, once it get out of bluetooth reach it slowly stops the engine by intermittently cutting the ignition to it. This gives the feeling of it breaking down.. once it has come to a stop, it then sounds the horn.. This all happens in the distance just out of your bluetooth range.. If you leave your van in a carpark, walk off to go shopping, you lock your van as normal, (this sets the standard factory alarm) as you walk out of bluetooth range "StopMyEngine" will automatically arm its self and engine cannot be started anyway. This is the immobiliser part.. It does not sound the horn if someone tries to start it, but your factory fitted alarm should sound anyway.. I hope this helps you people out.. There are always doubter out there that will make an argument, saying ho what if this and what if that, all I say is that it works. I never leave my phone in the van, muggers no not to take phones any more as they are tract anyway.. If i am in a garage for fuel, my phone goes into my pocket as my card to pay for fuel in the phone and I lock the central locking.. As for "Give Me Your Van and Give Me Your Phone" only a fool will assist a mugger, that's the time to argue, and gives you time to turn your phone off before they take it.. but of course as long as your phone is password protected.. THATS MY SMALL RANT OVER.. Sorry, and hope this answers what you were thinking..
As somebody who actually has this device fitted, can you register 2 phones or do you have to delete the phone connection and then add the other phone and so on?

Have emailed supplier but thought might as well ask yourself. Many Thanks

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As somebody who actually has this device fitted, can you register 2 phones or do you have to delete the phone connection and then add the other phone and so on?

Have emailed supplier but thought might as well ask yourself. Many Thanks
I'll answer my own query, as just had a response from the supplier (very quick response).

The answer is No, just a single phone connection at a time. However they went on to explain that changing the connected phone once you are familiar only takes about 20 seconds.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back