Motorhome & PVC Modding - Accessories & Discount Codes (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wouldn’t be without TyrePal TPMS on both our car & motorhome (even though they have already got the Ford & Citroen factory fitted version) as the display makes checking all the tyre pressures easy (including the spare with an extra sensor) & the early warning it can give could help avoid an accident. The Solar Colour model is currently full price £99 plus £4.95 delivery https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/ on their website but discount code
" camcsol18 " takes £10 off
- however it’s likely that around the dates of the NEC Motorhome Show (16-21 October) their web price will be lower as they usually have Show Offers & the code may still work with any discounted price. The code also works on the TC215/B which may be more suitable option for some.

View attachment 259672
UPDATE: We do now have a 20% TyrePal discount code for Fun & RVOC members MFRVOC19TP - only one discount code will work at a time so it can't be used with the C&MC £10 discount code (limited products) but it does take 20% off the whole range so bigger potential savings than using that code :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: Safefill Germany are currently out of stock but now stock in UK although design of bottles has changed so gas level is not so easy to see:
safefill-cylinder-images.png

The above are now available from Safefill UK - 10kg bottle is £182 delivered from them but £168 delivered by one of their listed distributors Cannock Caravan Accessories . Can also buy from their website but if going via Quidco to eBay then a little bit of cashback (1%) & buyer protection.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Surprisingly Globecar Summits (maybe other models too?) come without a toilet roll holder & adding it is an expensive option (dealer stock forecourt models may have it added though) as it is only factory fitted as part of a pack that includes lighting around the bathroom mirror & robe hooks so we decided to fit our own.
We found this stainless steel range from Plew Plew £12.99 from Amazon which is very simple but excellent quality & suits our interior design. It works really well & positioned as we have fixed it means that it does not interfere with the toilet so can stay in place when pulling the panel back over to use the shower. It can be fixed on end too as works in multiple ways.

DSCF7882.JPG

DSCF7883.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I think ours did come with a toilet roll holder (Campscout rather than summit) but we haven’t fitted it yet as we thought we were a little tight in space (week 8 of the 800kcal diet hopefully it’ll seem more spacious soon!!) ... I might see if it will go in that spot ...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There is a matching Plew Plew kitchen roll holder too at £14.99 which again can be fixed in various ways - this was the option we chose:

DSCF7878.JPG

DSCF7875.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Website photos showing different ways to fit these holders for toilet roll

71q-7Jw-nVL._SL1500_.jpg

& kitchen roll
71jrT-az0qL._SL1500_.jpg

71TEE0aD15L._SL1500_.jpg

You can see in these photos that prettier mirror head screws are fitted which come with the holders but Mr. Wombles preferred to use stainless steel ones.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Being brave today & drilling :eek: the drawer & cupboard panels to fit extra handles! Although the original pop out caravan style ones fit flush & look neat, once we have the drawers loaded with cooking bits & pieces not sure how well they would cope long term. Having done this before in our previous motorhome know how much easier too having good strong pull handles can be.
Marked out & getting ready to drill:

DSCF7885.JPG

This is the awkward one being curved so the handles will need a bit of modification:

DSCF7886.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
These are what will be fiited to try & match the shiny & matt silver fittings elsewhere in the motorhome

s-l500.jpg

Looked at soooo many before settling on these! Hopefully they are big enough & stand out sufficiently to grab easily but shape wise we shouldn't get caught on them when going past. They are Kich brand marine grade stainless steel & cost £3.25 each from this eBay seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marine-G...hash=item237cc946f7:m:ma7p2kV0qLmJ48E0wb1c8FQ who has a lot of other interesting options listed too.

Last edited:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Surprisingly Globecar Summits (maybe other models too?) come without a toilet roll holder & adding it is an expensive dealer option.....

If supplied by a UK dealer then the Summit 600 and 640 will come with the pack which includes the loo roll holder. There are two pack options:

Opt-1: Loo roll holder and clothes hook = £70.

Opt-2: As Opt-1 plus a mirror and lights: £210

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Wombles wouldn't it be better to put the one on the door vertically rather than horizontally?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think ours did come with a toilet roll holder (Campscout rather than summit) but we haven’t fitted it yet as we thought we were a little tight in space (week 8 of the 800kcal diet hopefully it’ll seem more spacious soon!!) ... I might see if it will go in that spot ...
I originally had ours on the side of the lower sinke cabinet but it was a pain to try to get the paper off so I moved it to the front of the lower cupboard door which works a treat and doesn't get it the way.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was the point of no return :worried:

DSCF7906.JPG

All fitted now & very happy as they all work well:

DSCF7915.JPG

DSCF7917.JPG

Just two neat extra screws on the inside:

DSCF7901.JPG

Used the supplied screws although they did require cutting to length & new threads tapped but that was going through both the door & inside drawer section so may not be necessary for other depth drawer fronts. The handle for the curved cupboard also needed to be filed a little to sit flat on the door front. Not something that I would try but luckily Mr Wombles is good at that sort of thing :)

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Is it just me that sees lots of 'minions'? :D

upload_2019-4-10_9-20-38.jpeg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Our motorhome has a tough flooring surface bonded to the floor board but still want to protect the garage floor from scuffs & scrapes so after trying lots of samples chose this Cobadot vinyl flooring to loose lay cut to size - it’s available in blue or black at 1.2M wide & can be bought in 1m sections from but if ordering 2m it is likely to be two sections not a continuous sheet unless you request that. If going via Quidco to Zoro then 3% cashback possible & £17.99 per metre plus £4.99 delivery but if order over £20 then free delivery. Also 5% discount code “ ZTOCT18 “ for next 17 days (y)
View attachment 259792
Haven't fitted it yet as so many little jobs to do but it cuts easily & doesn't smell of rubber like many other dot floorings.
Finally got around to fitting the extra protective flooring in the garage:

DSCF7923.JPG

It looks better than the above as the photo was taken in artificial light. It doesn't sit completely flat as there are raised anchor points underneath (see below) but if we do need to use these will use a hole saw to cut circles in the vinyl flooring as those are less likely to tear. Did think about cutting it to fit exactly around each part of the floor but that would make weak points so prefer it as a strong straight edged mat. This vinyl material is tough but does tear in one direction from a cut edge. Like that it is one large piece & easy to wipe clean - it should protect the original flooring from scuffs too as plan on using boxes which will be regularly dragged across it.

DSCF7684.JPG

UPDATE: Discount code ZLOVE03 currently gives 7% discount for new customers on Zoro website & up to 2.4% cashback going via Quidco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
One of the selling features of the Globecar Summit 600 Plus model is the pop up wardrobe rail but with it being under the mattress so not easy to access it is a bit of a white elephant:

DSCF7926.JPG

DSCF7928.JPG

We decided to remove it completely & now have a huge storage cupboard :inlove: :

DSCF7932.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had this washable flooring mat in our last motorhome & couldn't find another one as nice so have cut this old one to fit even though that meant it had to be in two sections. Definitely a bit more comfortable under foot now:

DSCF7790.JPG

DSCF7788.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
To protect the bottom of the drawers & stop things from clattering & moving around have added this Nauticalia Stay Put grip mat:

DSCF7810.JPG

DSCF7889.JPG

DSCF7890.JPG

This version is the brand that most marine stores seem to sell so hoping it's excellent stuff as like most boat accessories it's not cheap! :eek: It's washable & food grade & certainly seems good quality. The Pound Shop stuff may be just as good but wanted the taupe colour to match the woodwork (have some places that it will be visible in use) in large sheets & this is the only one that I found so that's my excuse :giggle:
They have a good range of colours & roll sizes
NT3197-500x500.jpeg

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I like the rubber matting. I will have a load at the Peterborough show in all sorts of sizes if anyone need some.
Will you have the pre-cut sections for the door steps too? Did you decide to glue yours or fix it another way or isn't there enough clearance to leave it fixed when the step goes in?
Thinking about it for ours as would be easier to keep clean than the original slotted aluminium surface. Do you have them for sale online as well as at Shows?
For anyone who is wondering what this is about see post 680 here

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Oooooooo ... you could make yourself a laundry hamper with that like mine!
Thought about it but may not work as well in ours - can you add the link so anyone looking at this can see your idea as sure some would like that?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thought about it but may not work as well in ours - can you add the link so anyone looking at this can see your idea as sure some would like that?
Link to my site:

https://globecarcampscoutinfo.yolasite.com/

Laundry bin for those who don't want to look on my site:

I found the 'neck' of the tub that goes below the slot stopped us filling it due to the sides so I've modified it by cutting them down so that it now just protrudes about an inch.

laundry hatch.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Latest little addition if you can spot it?!

DSCF7935.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's a stainless steel rail fitted under the rear cupboard for hanging towels & maybe clothes too:

DSCF7938.JPG

Used a Zoo Hardware door handle £12.05

Did use different fittings than supplied so a neater finish inside the cupboard & weight spread with penny washer - all stainless steel again - bit of a theme going on! :giggle:

DSCF7942.JPG

Bought these from Rice Metals http://www.riceinternational.co.uk/ who do some excellent products but going through checkout on their website is a nightmare as very poorly designed - Paypal checkout though so got all our details ok & buyer protection for us.

A4 Grade x M 8 Diameter x 30mm Diameter. Penny Washer
CODE: A4WPEN080030

2 x £0.18 £0.36
A4 Grade x M 8 Diameter x 35mm Length. Socket Button Screws
CODE: A4SBUT080035

2 x £0.18 £0.36
Subtotal:
£0.72
Order discount: £0.04
Taxes:
VAT 20% (239883260): £0.14
Shipping cost: £3.50
Total cost: £4.32

Tried putting links to the above items but didn't work. Their eBay shop <Broken link removed> is much better but couldn't find the above items on there.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good job you explained what its for ... some people might think its for 'bedtime' activities! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back