Motorhome & PVC Modding - Accessories & Discount Codes (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fitted these in our previous caravans & motorhome so glad that Lakeland still sell them https://www.lakeland.co.uk/20005/Push-&-Grip-Tea-Towel-Holders £5.99 for two stainless steel push & grip tea towel holders:

DSCF8139.JPG

Like one for hanging up the rubber gloves by the sink:

DSCF8136.JPG

A couple for the kitchen hand & tea towels:

DSCF8143.JPG

One for the bathroom hand towel :

DSCF8134.JPG

Never had come unstuck yet & small towels & gloves don't fall out even when travelling.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
Mr Wombles did get the grille set fitted yesterday & took this photo before we lost the light - here it's almost done apart from the four small black fixing screws for the large section:
Before
View attachment 269843

After

View attachment 269841
Damn, i have to say Wombles i have pretty much carried out and purchased most of the items ya listed already. So i suspect great minds think alike. But have to add, i was well excited by your inclusion of Grilles by Zunsport. What a cracking idea and one which is definitely not something many would consider. But i am certainly going to contact them, as having a Fiat Ducato my inter-cooler and rad are well vulnerable. Thankfully the lower grill is definitely a must, but unfortunately mine being a Burstner means they have yet to proto-type the main grille. Still it all helps, thanks for sharing pet =~,~= meow for now... :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Damn, i have to say Wombles i have pretty much carried out and purchased most of the items ya listed already. So i suspect great minds think alike. But have to add, i was well excited by your inclusion of Grilles by Zunsport. What a cracking idea and one which is definitely not something many would consider. But i am certainly going to contact them, as having a Fiat Ducato my inter-cooler and rad are well vulnerable. Thankfully the lower grill is definitely a must, but unfortunately mine being a Burstner means they have yet to proto-type the main grille. Still it all helps, thanks for sharing pet =~,~= meow for now... :)
Glad that's of use & worth contacting Zunsport - know they can do bespoke grilles for most designs but probably more expensive.
We have quite a few more things to add :giggle: yet including a couple of security accessories currently on their way from Germany for the rear doors & sliding door on van conversions but not much use if you have a coachbuilt motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
yeah i have a low-profile so still looking for a suitable hab door lock. Shame its such a weak point... So am waiting with interest. As for Zunsport, i think its a winner :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
yeah i have a low-profile so still looking for a suitable hab door lock. Shame its such a weak point... So am waiting with interest. As for Zunsport, i think its a winner :)
Depends on your hab door lock but we had this HEOS version http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/safety_security.htm (£76.90 delivered) on our previous coachbuilt Chausson which was excellent as could be locked on the outside but opened instantly from the inside - just had to be careful to remember to unlock it so as not to get locked out!
Zadi lock version & POS lock version
34459.gif
34458.gif

Another option for some locks is Elefant http://tuersicherung-elefant.de/ €19.95 plus p&p - simple but clever & there are currently 8 variations.
1024x1024.jpeg

DSC00152.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Tips for buying from overseas are to check out via Paypal or ask them to send you a Paypal invoice & for best value use a zero rated credit card & make sure that you opt for the credit card company daily exchange rate not the Paypal one which it will automatically default to. You should then have Paypal protection if any problems plus a method of buying at a fair exchange rate.
As well as typing or copy & pasting into Google Translate now for most web pages you can just right click then box pops up & can scroll down & click on to "Translate into English" which is very handy (y)
Many of you will already be aware of this but may help someone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GPW
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Some more photos of Elefant in case it helps someone spot one for them:

sicherung-hartal-003.jpg

DSC03863.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just heard back from the manufacturer about p&p for Elefant & it's only €3.70 (uninsured post) so that's an excellent price of under €24 (around £20.50) for a product that secures the hab. door when in the motorhome (y)
Will post about the new accessories for securing van conversion sliding doors & rear doors from the inside as soon as they arrive ... hopefully with the HEOS then these three versions cover a large number of models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles, Mr Grianan is wondering if you used the screws which came with the plew plew kitchen roll holder? Thanks!
Hi - no - it came with mirror head screws which may look a little better but Mr Wombles prefers stainless steel screws as no chance that they will rust.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Exciting post arrived today & the best solutions to securing the sliding door & rear barn doors from inside for us that we have found from https://www.womo-tuning.de/ in Germany. If anyone does want to order any of their well made products then they have kindly agreed a 5% discount code MOTORHOMEFUN-UK for Funsters (y)
See post 186 above for tips for buying from overseas.
This lock €34.90 (minus discount plus €9.90 shipping per order) is for the sliding door:

DSCF8238.JPG

DSCF8250.JPG

DSCF8261.JPG

For anyone who needs a longer version (for the Malibu van for example) it may be available so worth emailing but the website listing does mention that this will not fit Hymercar as their interior trim is different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Really quick & easy to assemble & fit - just had to remove the two screws fitted in this block, slide the bracket in behind then secure again with the longer screws & washers provided:

DSCF8269.JPG

The door only opens a fraction with it on:

DSCF8265.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It works better than we expected as it doesn't just unhook or lift off if someone was to get an arm in through the window. There is a knack to attaching the hook to the base of the safety belt fixing which is a bit hard to explain - push it forward horizontally behind the fixing then drop it onto the fixing & it's secure & to release it's push it forward then lift off (when standing in front of the sliding door) but just pulling on the chain it will not unhook. We will put a little tape around the angled section so the metal doesn't scuff the plastic that we push it against to slide it into place & will be careful not to damage the seat belt.
Made from 2mm & 2.5mm thick stainless steel sheet, 6mm thick welded galvanised chain & with heavy duty carabiner clips it's a clever, good quality item at a fair price & fills a gap in the market so we are glad to have spotted this one for us & hope it is of interest to others :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We hope to fit this to the rear doors soon €34.90 plus €1.50 for the Quick Lock ring pin & €2.90 for the T40 tool (minus discount plus €9.90 shipping per order) - just ran out of time today:

DSCF8248.JPG

Stock image of how it fits using the existing screws - some do use a padlock to secure it but we prefer the ring pin for a quicker exit in case of an emergency:

Hechtuersicherung-840x463.jpg

It's also available in powder coated black too at a higher price.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Another good thing about both of the above security accessories is that they can be easily removed & transferred to the next van if required leaving no sign of their use so very handy if trading in.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great looking gadgets! Do they do something similar for the cab doors?
Glad you like them :) - we are big fans of this manufacturers products! Yes there is a version for the front doors €49.90 total for both doors before discount then extra for shipping. Can't upload a photo but lots on the website link.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Glad you like them :) - we are big fans of this manufacturers products! Yes there is a version for the front doors €49.90 total for both doors before discount then extra for shipping. Can't upload a photo but lots on the website link.
Just found how to save & add the website photos of the front cab door versions - might be a handy alternative to those who don't want to DIY fit HEOS type locks:

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

It uses the existing door pocket fixing:

image (2).jpg

Stores neatly in the pocket ready for use:

image (3).jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Are these for use whilst you’re sleeping in the van? I am always cautious about delaying an exit in case of fire. Smoke and panic induced adrenalin can cause disorientation .... My parents always locked both outer and inner front doors with keys and Chubb locks and kept the keys in another room. Luckily, they never had a house fire; the worst was they couldn’t open the door quickly enough to get parcels before a card was pushed through the door. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are these for use whilst you’re sleeping in the van? I am always cautious about delaying an exit in case of fire. Smoke and panic induced adrenalin can cause disorientation .... My parents always locked both outer and inner front doors with keys and Chubb locks and kept the keys in another room. Luckily, they never had a house fire; the worst was they couldn’t open the door quickly enough to get parcels before a card was pushed through the door.
Yes but they unhook quickly & we have a quick release pin for the rear door locks too rather than using a padlock - we didn't want to have the exterior additional doors locks in use trapping us in but want some extra security on rear doors. Do agree that being able to escape as fast as possible is very important.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We hope to fit this to the rear doors soon €34.90 plus €1.50 for the Quick Lock ring pin & €2.90 for the T40 tool (minus discount plus €9.90 shipping per order) - just ran out of time today:

View attachment 299609

Stock image of how it fits using the existing screws - some do use a padlock to secure it but we prefer the ring pin for a quicker exit in case of an emergency:

Hechtuersicherung-840x463.jpg

It's also available in powder coated black too at a higher price.
Fitted the additional rear barn doors lock today & it was pipsy! Following the instructions & adding pencil markings it was done in a few minutes & no adjustment needed - the T40 tool was ideal & the ring clip works brilliantly & super quick to release & put on so definitely a good way of doing this. It can easily be removed & transferred to the next vehicle if required too.
With the ring clip locked:

DSCF8273.JPG

Another angle (bit awkward to take photos as it's behind the cupboards) with clip open:

DSCF8275.JPG

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
One of the selling features of the Globecar Summit 600 Plus model is the pop up wardrobe rail but with it being under the mattress so not easy to access it is a bit of a white elephant:

View attachment 296644

View attachment 296645

We decided to remove it completely & now have a huge storage cupboard :inlove: :

View attachment 296647
Decided to modify the big storage cupboard created above to give more deep storage on the top shelf whilst also adding extra support to the large lid. Everything is good solid plywood in the Globecar so this extra bracing is unlikely to be necessary but we aren't the lightest of people so wanted peace of mind lying & sitting up in bed on top of it. Mr Wombles had some surplus marine plywood flooring (bit heavy duty but it saved buying wood) & cut one long length to fit snugly & full height then the second section across was slotted into place & screwed in. This T shape addition can be removed easily if not required at any point.

DSCF8225.JPG

DSCF8221.JPG

DSCF8226.JPG

The above is a bit specific to the Summit 600 Plus but be of interest to some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Yay - we finally got around to fixing our Stopsy! When we bought it the weather changed & got very cold so thought it best to wait until warmer to ensure the adhesive took well. For anyone who bought one previously & also hasn't fitted it yet be aware that the adhesive is excellent stuff but does have an expiry date which for us was May. No photos of it fitted yet as did it with the door past the fixing position then shut the door as have to allow 24 hours before use - suggest having an extra pair of hands to stop the door from rolling back if you can. Very simple & easy to fit - clean surfaces with meths, apply adhesive to Stopsy & press into place cleaning off any excess straight away. Most difficult was us agreeing how big the opening should be - it was about 48cm in the end as that lines up with the end of the kitchen unit & is just big enough for us both to step out easily. There's still enough distance to swing the sliding door to close properly too.
Have asked the manufacturer for a discount code again for this year just in case anyone wants one of these handy things :)
UPDATE: Stopsy mentioned above & here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ding-accessories-discount-codes.184590/page-4 on post 62 works brilliantly! (y) This is ours fitted:

DSCF8210.JPG

DSCF8211.JPG

I'm too short to see it from the ground but already find it useful. Mr Wombles put it in place without having to remove the motorhome cover which can be seen in the photo.

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Exciting post arrived today & the best solutions to securing the sliding door & rear barn doors from inside for us that we have found from https://www.womo-tuning.de/ in Germany. If anyone does want to order any of their well made products then they have kindly agreed a 5% discount code MOTORHOMEFUN-UK for Funsters (y)
See post 186 above for tips for buying from overseas.
This lock €34.90 (minus discount plus €9.90 shipping per order) is for the sliding door:

View attachment 299589

View attachment 299592

View attachment 299594

For anyone who needs a longer version (for the Malibu van for example) it may be available so worth emailing but the website listing does mention that this will not fit Hymercar as their interior trim is different.

I had a look at the online booking page and it requires a Country of origin to be entered. No pull down option for UK or England. How did you get on with this requirement? Also, I could pay direct with my Caxton Pre paid currency card - would you recommend it?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I had a look at the online booking page and it requires a Country of origin to be entered. No pull down option for UK or England. How did you get on with this requirement? Also, I could pay direct with my Caxton Pre paid currency card - would you recommend it?
Hi - I placed my order by messaging via the website & requesting a Paypal invoice so sorry hadn't tried that process but probably best to message giving details of what you want & requesting an invoice & quote the 5% discount code MOTORHOMEFUN-UK then pay via Paypal. Not sure about Caxton card & using it on Paypal - perhaps another Funster can advise?

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
@Wombles can I just ask re the sliding door security chain.
If you open the door with the chain in place inadvertantly can you still unhook it or do you have to close the door to get sufficient play to undo the snap hook?
Our door needs a few inches of travel and a hefty tug to close properly.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles can I just ask re the sliding door security chain.
If you open the door with the chain in place inadvertantly can you still unhook it or do you have to close the door to get sufficient play to undo the snap hook?
Our door needs a few inches of travel and a hefty tug to close properly.
Did test opening the door with the chain on but can only open a tiny bit then need to push it as far closed as possible to be able to unhook the chain - if there was too much slack it wouldn't be as effective & it's very obvious that it's in place so not likely to forget to unhook it before going to open the door. It's not the carabiner snap hook that is undone to release it is the other end which takes a second to unhook. It's possible to extend it by adding another "link" by adding another carabiner but think it would reduce how secure it makes the door. Hope that makes sense?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back