Motorhome parking Tenby,Wales (1 Viewer)

Martha wood

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since Sept 2014
We will be visiting Tenby for the bank holiday weekend, we have booked on a site but it is a way outside so we will need to take motorhome into town area, I wondered if anyone can give me any tips on car parks or areas to park, we are not averse to walking a short way but not miles ( hubby got bad knees). I don't usually worry about parking but on our last trip to Northumberland we had a parking ticket in Seahouses and drove around for about half an hour in Alnwick trying to find somewhere, twice (same place) having to turn round because of height restriction in city wall. Now I am getting forewarned in future , hence needing this help.many thanks

Jan 27, 2015
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since 2014
If I remember rightly there were 6 spaces for motorhomes in the long stay car park next to the coach parking, get there early though because they fill up! From there it was only about a 5 min walk to the centre. We visited for the first time in June thought it was very pretty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
There is a good parking area at the bottom of the town but theres a bit of a walk up to the main parts of Tenby, there are parking spaces by the town walls and a carpark up top but you need to be quite early to get a space. we stayed to the west of tenby Easter past penally and got the train in cheap tickets and a few stops where parking is not bad at the small stations. If you can leave the van somewhere safe then Taxis are reasonable if bus is a hassle ?
We're heading to Alnwick Sunday so thanks for the low entry warning .

OP
OP
Martha wood

Martha wood

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since Sept 2014
Many thanks, didn't know we would have a train option I will look into that. I have Googled map tonight and can see a couple of car parks with motorhomes in, so I think we will be ok. We found 2 car parks in Alnwick, but on a Sunday afternoon they were all full, we ended up parking on a road at rear of Morrisons supermarket. Enjoy its a lovely place.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome! :welcome3:Spent our honeymoon in Tenby and Saundersfoot so have a soft spot for it!! Was 33 years ago so may have changed!!

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
If I remember rightly there were 6 spaces for motorhomes in the long stay car park next to the coach parking, get there early though because they fill up! From there it was only about a 5 min walk to the centre. We visited for the first time in June thought it was very pretty.
North beach carpark.

OP
OP
Martha wood

Martha wood

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since Sept 2014
Thank you Anthea, we have been to Tenby before so we know how lovely it is, but we previously had a tourer, we have had the motorhome for 2 yrs and been to many places and had no problems parking, but has I explained after our last holiday experience,which was no way disastrous, I don't know why but I am apprehensive about the parking.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you Anthea, we have been to Tenby before so we know how lovely it is, but we previously had a tourer, we have had the motorhome for 2 yrs and been to many places and had no problems parking, but has I explained after our last holiday experience,which was no way disastrous, I don't know why but I am apprehensive about the parking.
From one Sheffield lass to another I know how you feel I'm such a nag about parking ! rob says he can park in places but I worry about getting a fine or someone pranging it , but it's never happened yet.! Is your van large as we take up 2 places sometimes.

OP
OP
Martha wood

Martha wood

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since Sept 2014
Yes, we are 7.50 but my husband is a hgv driving instructor so the actual parking is no problem.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Motorhomes not allowed on Rectory car park and no good in multi storey. Some spaces at top of North Beach car park if you can get in, south beach car park is normally accessible if not boiling hot day but bank holiday weekend there is a windsurf meet so take up most of it so you would have to be early and park on lower section.Mostly to visit the Lower Green car park is where to park. Officially no overnighting on any but plenty do and I'm pretty sure not moved on but make sure you pay when times come due.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Just checked Park and Ride still running so head for Lower Green car park or Salterns car park , same access near the mini roundabout under the viaduct yards off Pembroke Road.

OP
OP
Martha wood

Martha wood

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since Sept 2014
Many thanks Rapphil, park and ride is the perfect option will definitely do that.(y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Actually should read : yards along Marsh Road which is the road to Pembroke

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Tenby and Bank holiday don't really go together.

It will be hellish busy, raining and full of drunks.

We used to go there drinking every bank holiday and I honestly don't remember it ever being dry.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Stayed at Saundersfoot a couple of times and got the bus in to Tenby, it was the nearest thing to a rollercoaster on the road that I've ever experienced !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back