Motorhome Park Silves Portugal (1 Viewer)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Just stuck my nose in here and had a look round the area. Looks great decent rates, ehu extra, nice town Silves, just off the a22 so has gone on the list Im building up for the road trip. https://algarvemotorhomepark.com/pt/
Service point also for Mhomes just down the road.
Aldi within walking distance but also a Continente supermarket that has a small selection of "foreign" stuff, so I stocked up on my heinz beans and my HP sauce.

Plenty bars cafs within walking and we ate a few at the piri piri restaurants 500m metres away in the "tents" on the car park opposite burger ranch by the river side, very very reasonable prices.
4 of us, chicken main, fries, salad, bread, with the oils / sardine spread etc, plus 2 rounds of beers and coffees 43 euros.
this one is defo the most popular and is pushed by most folk in the area Churrasqueira Valdemar https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...vkY9GkbE-9dabocNw6EUR_YDxbAaIOfkgAFZg=w540-pa

But we found the issue is it is promoted by everyone, so is very very busy, but still nice. TIP...dont stand waiting to be seated, justw alk in and sit, they will run over in a few mins. I stood by and watched local after local "gazump us" as it turned out I was waiting politely in the phone order take away waiting queue :unsure:

If you want the same thing same prices go 10 yards past to the other "tent" next door but one......its the last one before the grass verge (name escapes me now but will be there again tonight), plus they have other items on the menu, Omlettes, steaks, fish, .....less hectic and more comfy as not being swarmed by people. Both lovely but the second more relaxed experience.

It seems as they have "popped up" on this car park, but have a reputation going back 30 or 40 years, maybe its a covid thing?.

Benagil beach boat trip to see the caves by sea today was also excellent experience, booked via Tagura, I cant recommend them highly enough. 4 of us on a boat of 7 people, 30 euros each, not as high pressured as some trips we have been on, and the tour guides were very informative. https://tarugabenagiltours.pt/
this seemed to get very very busy but was well organised. Get there early .

1631962538559.png

I also had time to say hello to the local wildlife who had just caught its breakfast, I t was with Mummy and 2 kids but they are in another pic
1631962608444.png

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The ‘tent city’ you refer to is because all the busineses that were in the old market building and surrounds have had to move whilst they renovate the old market area, has been temporary for over a year now as work slowed due to you know what!
Not the same atmosphere as the old location but still decent food.
loads of good eateries in Silves, and usually live bands at Ar’Tasca by the river at the weekends.👍

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Stayed at the campsite nearest the town.
We used to eat every lunch,large cooked meal, choice of 3 and bottle water, 5 euro.
Look in town, good meals to have.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
This was a short walk from lidl.
£5 cooked meal with free bottle of water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-055011_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-055011_Maps.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 26

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back