Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Today, I've booked my Motorhome in for a Service in 2021. WARNING if you want to ensure that you get your habitation service done early next year (particularly if your warranties are due to expire) BOOK NOW. Our Dealership is Newport Caravans and Motorhomes and my son, who is having some warranty work done on his Caravan, spoke with me yesterday and he told me that the work was booked in in March. I phoned the dealer today and was informed that there were very few, if any spaces left in Jan and Feb and the earliest date I could book in was 2nd March 2021and even then they might need to keep the Motohome for a few days in case something unforseen arose. I guess in the current climate that many dealerships have probably had to lay staff off and are reluctant to re employ them until they are more confident of the future impact of Covid. :wondering::worried::wondering:

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for sharing the problem, getting the habitation service carried out on time is very important for those with new motorhomes / camper vans under warranty. They need to email or write by recorded delivery to the supplying dealer with their request to carry out a habitation check under the warranty agreement allowing a reasonable amount of time and if the dealer is overworked that’s not your problem and the manufacturer will cover the cost of repairs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back