Motorhome dealer closed? (2 Viewers)

Mar 26, 2023
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco
Exp
Since 1999
After enjoying reading the forum for years now, I wonder if the Funsters can help me out. We bought our Etrusco motorhome in 2022 from SteveMann Caravans in Harrogate. It says online that they are ‘temporarily out of business’ , does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like theyve gone , a few CCJs filed against them too, (one satisfied on 18th April strangely enough) and no accs filed since sep 22

1714336149245.png

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Their website seems up to date but ......:unsure:

Let me know one way or another when you find out and I'll update the MHF Dealers List.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
They are gone according to Google, however its showing a different site to head office.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Swift Carrera 144
It’s not financial restructuring - it’s an attempt to protect assets (what’s left) after large scale fraud was seemingly uncovered by a large number of victims. In my case, they took my van, sold it for considerably less than it was worth and then never paid me. I’ve been left owed £45k whilst one of the Directors drives around in a Maserati.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
After enjoying reading the forum for years now, I wonder if the Funsters can help me out. We bought our Etrusco motorhome in 2022 from SteveMann Caravans in Harrogate. It says online that they are ‘temporarily out of business’ , does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
It’s not financial restructuring - it’s an attempt to protect assets (what’s left) after large scale fraud was seemingly uncovered by a large number of victims. In my case, they took my van, sold it for considerably less than it was worth and then never paid me. I’ve been left owed £45k whilst one of the Directors drives around in a Maserati.
This reply is not intended to be legal advice and I urge you to seek this advice quickly.

If you authorise someone to sell your van for you they are acting as your agent. The buyer from them will probably get good title to the van and the sales agent should account to you for the net sales proceeds after any agreed commissions. If they did not sell at a price agreed by you then it would seem that they are in breach of contract and your loss would be the difference in what you should have received.
However, if the sales proceeds have been used, for example to buy a Maserati then it may be possible to have what’s known as a tracing claim to the Maserati.
If there are criminal proceedings, then the police may seek confiscation orders if there are convictions leaving fewer assets available for civil claimants like you.

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
This reply is not intended to be legal advice and I urge you to seek this advice quickly.

If you authorise someone to sell your van for you they are acting as your agent. The buyer from them will probably get good title to the van and the sales agent should account to you for the net sales proceeds after any agreed commissions. If they did not sell at a price agreed by you then it would seem that they are in breach of contract and your loss would be the difference in what you should have received.
However, if the sales proceeds have been used, for example to buy a Maserati then it may be possible to have what’s known as a tracing claim to the Maserati.
If there are criminal proceedings, then the police may seek confiscation orders if there are convictions leaving fewer assets available for civil claimants like you.
Absolutely best wishes to any of their customers affected by these people and company but there are Maseratis and there are Maseratis , all that glitters is not gold .

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry to read of your plight.
I hope you can get it resolved, but looks like a very painful experience 😕

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Matilda2022
Mar 26, 2023
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Etrusco
Exp
Since 1999
Thank you Funsters for your replies. The article in the Yorkshire Post is shocking.
I think we have been very lucky. We ordered a new Etrusco in June 2020, over a year later it became clear that the model wasn’t going to be made on a Fiat base vehicle anymore. We therefore negotiated a deal on a 6 month old motorhome. We don’t seem to have the extended warranty which was promised, later the habitation check paperwork never materialised (and was never sent to Etrusco) and therefore we don’t have the 7 year water ingress warranty. We have had years of promises and lies, but at least we have a lovely motorhome!!
Aelhawley and all other victims, I hope it gets sorted in the end.

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Absolutely best wishes to any of their customers affected by these people and company but there are Maseratis and there are Maseratis , all that glitters is not gold .

I've had 2 Maseratis and they were both 'very expensive' to run ..no wonder the shyster caravan shop wanted somebody else to pay for it 🤬

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Thank you Funsters for your replies. The article in the Yorkshire Post is shocking.
I think we have been very lucky. We ordered a new Etrusco in June 2020, over a year later it became clear that the model wasn’t going to be made on a Fiat base vehicle anymore. We therefore negotiated a deal on a 6 month old motorhome. We don’t seem to have the extended warranty which was promised, later the habitation check paperwork never materialised (and was never sent to Etrusco) and therefore we don’t have the 7 year water ingress warranty. We have had years of promises and lies, but at least we have a lovely motorhome!!
Aelhawley and all other victims, I hope it gets sorted in the end.
I hope for your sake that it doesn't have a Chattel mortgage on it.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
🤞not

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
That’s disgraceful sorry to hear your plight

Surely that’s tantamount to theft, is there anyway you can get your van back or the money owed

If your van has been sold to someone fraudulently then who now is the legal owner of it?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back