Motorhome covers (1 Viewer)

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
Good day kind folk

I have a Rollerteam 700, a much beloved vehicle from new (if a tad neglected as it didn't get to go on ANY holidays this year).

We usually keep it in undercover barn storage, however due to lockdown when it came back from her annual service in March we parked her up in the driveway. Dear hubby is now considering keeping her here at home instead of paying £600 per year and investing in a motorhome cover instead.

We were looking a Pro-Tec cover. Does anyone have any opinions or recommendations? The storage is paid twice yearly - so I am rooting for the beast to go back into storage for the next 6 months until the better weather arrives and to give me my driveway back.

Northern Ireland here so lots of rain!

Kind regards and I hope you are all keeping well and safe.

OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
I've read so many stories about covers doing damage that I wouldn't use one. Motorhomes survive a winter well with just a couple of coats of wax (y)

Thank you so much Jim, just given that she is 2009 now we are a bit wary about leaving her exposed to the elements! In particular since the last few winters have been so wet. But thank you for your advice anyway. I think we could wrap the windows in bubble wrap or cling film to stop window scratches. That may work!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
As Jim says a good coat of wax & no problems.
Our 2006 Hymer has out in all weathers since new & has not suffered any body problems.
Better to have it at home & keep an eye on it anyway.
Wish we had space to park at home. Storage our way is not cheap.
BJ

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
SW Scotland...lots of rain....no cover. You MIGHT stop any leaks but you won't notice it due to condensation the cover will cause.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have one.... Thrown in the back of the car garage somewhere.
ANYTHING it covers must have radius corners or it will rub through then water gets in
Solar panels in particular but TV aerial and sat dish etc will do it.... That's why it's in the garage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
SW Scotland...lots of rain....no cover. You MIGHT stop any leaks but you won't notice it due to condensation the cover will cause.

Ah ha!! Now that is something we hadn't considered. I can see a change of mind on the horizon

OP
OP
Grumpybutters
Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
I have one.... Thrown in the back of the car garage somewhere.
ANYTHING it covers must have radius corners or it will rub through then water gets in
Solar panels in particular but TV aerial and sat dish etc will do it.... That's why it's in the garage.

Hearing from someone who has been there and got the tee-shirt! Nope, we have weighed and measured all the advice from you wonderful people and back into the barn she shall go! Minus a cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back