Motor battery / control panel (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

woody12

Free Member
Dec 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome 76
Hi. I have a chausson Citroën motor home. just had it a few weeks, its 2009. I have just replaced the motor battery with a new one. Seemed simple enough
however now my control panel light for the motor battery is flashing showing the battery to be dead. Also the lights which signal the motor battery is charging the camping battery are not illuminated when the engine is running.
the control panel is PC150TR.
Things I’ve tried,
checked the fuses in the relay for the control panel, they are ok.
checked the trailer module box which sits beside motor battery, looks ok, no idea how to check it or what it does
there is an inline fuse near battery which is ok.
Other than that can anyone suggest a possible cause.
the van starts ok and is the alternator is charging the motor battery.
thanks.

OP
OP
W

woody12

Free Member
Dec 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome 76
I would try double checking any inline fuses near the starter battery positive terminal (50amp ? ) ,the starter battery supply to the distribution / fuse box ( DS300 PDU connection +B1 )
Ok will do. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi. I have a chausson Citroën motor home. just had it a few weeks, its 2009. I have just replaced the motor battery with a new one. Seemed simple enough
however now my control panel light for the motor battery is flashing showing the battery to be dead. Also the lights which signal the motor battery is charging the camping battery are not illuminated when the engine is running.
the control panel is PC150TR.
Things I’ve tried,
checked the fuses in the relay for the control panel, they are ok.
checked the trailer module box which sits beside motor battery, looks ok, no idea how to check it or what it does
there is an inline fuse near battery which is ok.
Other than that can anyone suggest a possible cause.
the van starts ok and is the alternator is charging the motor battery.
thanks.
Our last MH had a Sargent control panel and also a Sargent EC 500 PSU unit , I had the exact same issues as you and it was a blown fuse on the PSU.
If you have a multimeter use it to try to establish if your control panel is receiving power from the cab battery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

woody12

Free Member
Dec 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome 76
Hi Folks. Thanks very much for your replies I’ve spent this afternoon checking and re checking the connections. Still no joy. I opened up the distribution unit. I do not have a pole on the B+1 part of the circuit board. just an empty space. Nor could I find anything that looks like a fuse. i Couldn’t figure out how to check that power was going to control unit from cab battery. I retraced my steps whilst installing the cab battery but no sign of the problem. All spade type fuses checked Ok. The 50 amp fuses on + side ofcab battery show no signs of damage.
when the van is connected to the mains I noticed the cab battery light on control panel shows fully charged battery, no flashing lights. Unplug mains and back to square one. Anyway I think I reached my level of ability and looks like a trip to local garage for a check I think. ☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
woody12 If you are able to confirm that the distribution / fuse box is a CBE type , There is information about these CBE units and their connections and wiring , that may be useful to you , on page 2 of the Manuals for Motorhome stuff section that is in resources ( shown in the the menu)
Although the 50 amp fuses look ok it may be worth checking them for continuity and possible poor connections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

woody12

Free Member
Dec 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
chausson welcome 76
Hi. Having found the manual for my control panel PC-150TR it’s shows that there are two ´ boite relais securité. I had only found and checked one under the bed which was ok. It seems this one is from leisure battery. The second one was at the other end of the van under passenger seat. This was from the van battery. So I was delighted to open it and find 5 amp fuse blown. Replaced it and woo hoo everything worked again.
i think I caused the damage when I connected my battery charger to the cab battery in situ to charge it?Lesson learned.
thanks again for all your help.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
i think I caused the damage when I connected my battery charger to the cab battery in situ to charge it?Lesson learned.
I'm not really convinced about that. That 5A fuse is for the 'engine running' signal that triggers the relay, and it shouldn't be affected by a normal connection of a battery charger to the cab battery. I often put a charger on the cab battery and don't get any problems. Having said that, I'm a bit short of ideas as to what might have caused the 5A fuse to blow, especially as you weren't poking around in that vicinity with anything metallic.

Upvote 0

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi. Having found the manual for my control panel PC-150TR it’s shows that there are two ´ boite relais securité. I had only found and checked one under the bed which was ok. It seems this one is from leisure battery. The second one was at the other end of the van under passenger seat. This was from the van battery. So I was delighted to open it and find 5 amp fuse blown. Replaced it and woo hoo everything worked again.
thanks again for all your help.
Woohoo glad you found the problem , fingers crossed it doesn't blow again :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back