Mosquito Net for PVC Rear Doors (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member

Deleted User
I hate sharing the van with mosquitoes and came across the Hindermann Mosquito Curtain. I’ve just taken delivery and it’s a great, well made bit of kit, custom fits the rear ‘barn doors’ of a panel van conversion using magnets and complete with a zip for easy access. Available from Van Comfort http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/products.html
No connection, just a happy customer. :xsmile:

Deleted User
£160!!!!.….... buy some mesh, magnets from first for magnets, little bit of stitching, probably £20.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member

Deleted User
£160!!!!.….... buy some mesh, magnets from first for magnets, little bit of stitching, probably £20.

You get what you pay for and each to his own. If I’m paying the best part of £50k for a new MH, I don’t want some cheap and nasty looking home-made bodge as part of the package!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
You get what you pay for and each to his own. If I’m paying the best part of £50k for a new MH, I don’t want some cheap and nasty looking home-made bodge as part of the package!

Cheap and nasty!!! .....home made bodge!!! ......I'll set the wife on you:xsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Purchased a cycle cover from them a few years ago,,Give them their do they gave me my money back because it was utter rubbish..One zip lasted one zip up..Terrible to fit.BUSBY.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
for midges you need this https://www.midgie.net/netting.htm - it is much finer than mozzie netting
It is apparently a B@£%&#D to sew... as it is really slippy - (according to Mrs McG!) she made midge netting screens for the Heki roof vents in our van - as the midges can get in through the heki mozzie screen mesh.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
for midges you need this https://www.midgie.net/netting.htm - it is much finer than mozzie netting
It is apparently a B@£%&#D to sew... as it is really slippy - (according to Mrs McG!) she made midge netting screens for the Heki roof vents in our van - as the midges can get in through the heki mozzie screen mesh.

@gerry mcg
Have only just seen your post. I have lots of this stuff and have made midge screens by using fabric glue and cotton ribbon at the edges. I used Velcro all the way around the window. I have a large piece ready to do the windows and rear door on the Campscout but was interested in case there was a ready made door that could do the job. If it's the same as the sliding door screen, they will just laugh and dance through. During the worst ever "attack" near Glenelg, the little b***ers were coming in through the seals around CLOSED windows.
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back