Morocco 2024 (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Thanks to information provided by TerryL we've now started our plans for our first trip to Morocco starting January 2024 and lasting for a couple of months. We live in France close to the Spanish border, so our journey to Morocco will probably be less than most Funsters. We plan to zig zag down the Spanish coast to the ferry at Algeciras taking a few weeks to visit old haunts on the way, as living so close, we visit Spain often. We've travelled extensively in Europe and have gas bottles & pigtails for several countries including France & Spain but nothing for Morocco, so my first question is how do we obtain propane in Morocco? Can we buy bottles & pigtails? I'm planning to take 2 French 13kg bottles as well as 2 Spanish 13kg bottles, all full. Secondly, my wife goes nowhere without the internet, so we need to buy SIM cards for Morocco. Where would we buy these? Supermarket? Phone shop? Thirdly, drinking water. Is bottled water available and OK to drink or do we use boiled tap water? Fourthly, I'd appreciate any do's and don'ts that Funsters have discovered during their Moroccan visits. So many questions and I'm sure there will be more, so thank you in anticipation of your replies.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi, we are currently touring Morocco so here goes on some answers to your questions.
For gas , most of the bottles are the camping gaz type with the same connections and most seem to be similar to French bottles. You will not be able to fill any of the bottles !French or otherwise as there are no legitimate filling stations that can refill you bottles. Your Spanish bottles would be OK in Spain ( and you can use them till they run out in morocco,) then they would be dead weight as would your French bottes. I was advised that no one in the EU would excange a moroccan bottle so only of use in Morocco.We have a refillable system , we can't refill in morocco but we can connect a morrocan cylinder up to our refill inlet point.
For your phone , you will need a Moroc sim card. If you use a Moroc telephone shop they will sort it out for you , the sim cards cost around 20D (2 euro)and the data is 50D for 5gb, 100D for 10 gb etc. For 1 month and then top up using scratch cards .obtainable almost anywhere.
Water, plenty available for washing, etc but for drinking there are supermarkets where you can purchase 5 litre bottles for around 12D( 1.2 euros).
Check our thread out for where we are heading etc , you may find some ideas. (y)
Bon voyage

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thread 'Jim and Lyns trip to Morocco' Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jofang
Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Hi, I've been reading your updates all the way from when you started your report on your Morocco trip and have made a long list of the town names you've visited. This is probably the best travelling report I've ever read on the forum, well done and thanks for the information on my queries. I'm interested to know if you need a licence for beach fishing, so if anyone knows please let me know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back