Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice van. You're missing a shot from the front. They certainly are easy on the eye and I love the look of them. (y)

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I put the photographs up due to a number of Funsters asking about how the Smart car fits into the motorhome and that is the reason why the photographs are based around the car. I shall take some more photographs and add them. I'm happy to type something up, but will need to read the other showcases to see what people write about. If there is anything in particular you want to know just ask away :)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Good luck getting a pitch on C&MC site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Good luck getting a pitch on C&MC site
Never had a problem so far including my previous Flair which was the same length. I have noticed recently that the C&MC have increased the maximum length in a number of sites. All the sites we visit, never had an issue and the van is only 8.5m long within the system ;) Always enough overhang.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Beautiful vehicle!

Is there any room left in the garage once the car is in?

Not at the back or front of the garage, that's for sure. The design must have used some very precise measurements once the car is actually in there is about 1.5 inches at front and back spare. Enough room at each side to store electric bikes (handle bars turned) and I have installed some storage baskets higher up. One thing the MORELO (they always type it in capitals to signify its an abbreviation of something, but fail to put full stops between the letters) is not short of is storage. I am also able to store 2 folding chairs at the side and if need be you can add an extra to install baskets up the middle of the garage floor which would be under the car when driven in. I don't need it as the other lockers hold more than enough.
We have no pull down A Class front pull down bed in this van, the Flair was sold with the plastic on the mattress, so we decided to have more space with lockers rather than bed at the front. We really like the set up as it feels much more specious and you do not need to duck down to get into the drivers and passengers seats. However, it gives you a hell of a lot of lockers and for the first time ever we actually have cupboards which are empty with nothing to put in them. I'm sure that will soon change.

Last edited:

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Met a lovely couple earlier this year with the same model. Amazingly they had a payload problem. I won't give details but it was a fairly significant issue for them. No question though, a beautiful vehicle.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I think the concept of a vehicle garage is inviting but having always felt short of space even on our 12 mt RV (where we had the bikes on a rack at the back) I find it hard to displace so much storage for a car. Indeed when we had the RV we habitually towed a car on a trailer all over Europe. The Flair was speced with a factory fitted tow bar and in 2.5 years we have not EVER used the tow ball! Our choice now we have a large garage being to use the electric bikes. However I can still see the attraction of carrying the car on board, I will be interested on your thoughts in a year or so Stewart, is it too much faffing around?
Beautiful van, or as the RVers say Coach?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Is the rear overhang on max 60% as the vehicle looks very tail long in the pics ? It could well be optical illusion as they never seem as bulky as an American RV

Darcar

Free Member
Oct 27, 2016
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario
Exp
Since 1975
great looking van... how high dose the suspension rise when in the normal driving position? do you have problems when driving up ramps etc.
darcar...

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I think the concept of a vehicle garage is inviting but having always felt short of space even on our 12 mt RV (where we had the bikes on a rack at the back) I find it hard to displace so much storage for a car. Indeed when we had the RV we habitually towed a car on a trailer all over Europe. The Flair was speced with a factory fitted tow bar and in 2.5 years we have not EVER used the tow ball! Our choice now we have a large garage being to use the electric bikes. However I can still see the attraction of carrying the car on board, I will be interested on your thoughts in a year or so Stewart, is it too much faffing around?
Beautiful van, or as the RVers say Coach?

I can understand the space problem on the RV as they never seem to have good usable side lockers. Our Concorde is 9m+ and we tow a Trailer with IQ,however, always wanted the “Car Garage” but put off because of payload, I can see the Morello 90g has side locker storage a plenty.

Like you will be interested to hear Stewart’s experience a bit further down the line.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Met a lovely couple earlier this year with the same model. Amazingly they had a payload problem. I won't give details but it was a fairly significant issue for them. No question though, a beautiful vehicle.

They must have had a lot of things inside it as the payload is 1880Kg and the car (Smart model dependant) is 880kg and this includes driver, gas tank full, water tank at 100L (350L Tank) which has the ability to open a valve to empty the content down to 100L exactly. I took mine to the weighbridge last week and with the water tank at 30% and everything else empty two of us in the van and the car we still had 235Kg to spare and we don't travel light and I have lots of junk I should probably get rid of.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
great looking van... how high dose the suspension rise when in the normal driving position? do you have problems when driving up ramps etc.
darcar...

The van has full VB 4C Air suspension. In the pictures you will see the rear of the van is very low. This is due to the settings which need to be operated to enable the car to be taken in and out. Basically a limit switch which needs to see the rear of the van lowered to its lowest position. If the gradient is not right it will also lift the front of the van up to provide a slope, basically to allow the car to roll out of the garage as the winch is unwound. The ramps which the car is pulled onto are also at a slope to allow it to roll back out.
The air suspension has a number of setting within it, contained on the VD handset. It has a function for ferries which raises the van up to the highest setting at the back. It has an off road setting which raises all four corners as high as possible to give more ground clearance and a function which is pre-set to tilt the van to assist the flow when emptying tanks. It also gives a very smooth ride but that is not what you were asking

paul murphy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
The last one I saw where the ramps had wheels was so the "3 Mini's" could be loaded while on the move, no mention of a winch!
;.)
ps, "You're only supposed to blow the Bloody doors off!"

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Great looking van. When we bought our 2015 Flair, we were told to,use the ‘off road’ setting for driving on and off the ferry....

Darcar

Free Member
Oct 27, 2016
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Vario
Exp
Since 1975
That’s massively impressive, I must admit I’m a air ride fan, for comfort but the system on your van is very clever.
Darcar..

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Palace on Eurocargo looks good.

image.jpg

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Palace on Eurocargo looks good.

View attachment 197409

Martin
It is lovely at the Morelo site isn't it?
We did their open weekend last May (went to the Concorde Open too; same weekend). What a beautiful part of Germany that is in. A really nice team there too; even the MD helped the sales guy power up the Morelo air con for us. We ended up buying that one too (it was there on show).

The issue with the Euro Cargo chassis is it doesn't have the 8 speed ZF gearbox and the weight makes it an HGV. Ours has the ZF and is 7,450Kg all up weight so just a smidgen under the weight limit for non-HGV. Of course there are advantages to having the greater payload of the Euro Cargo but, even though I have an HGV licence, I wasn't interested - Eve said it's more of a truck too (and she needs to be listened to)!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back