Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
My Money is on NOT although we have booked the ferry (y) hopefully they won't shut the borders before we get out end of March.

Martin

....but you have to go. It's in the rules:

Rule 27 sub section c: Martin, in his capacity as a MHF Representative, will endeavour to attend all Morelo meetings, conferences and shows, within the territorial limits of Germany, including all sub-territories of said country, and will accept risk of ailment, injury and/or disease, if needed, in the interests of the greater Morelo fraternity.

I read this yesterday somewhere - for sure.

........so off you go.

P.S. Can have your van if things don't work out well, cough-cough!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Team,

Nicky and I are hoping to make the 400-mile trip to Travelworld on Wed or Thu to check out the N&B range and I'm after a few pre-trip pointers before we arrive please. I'm trying to establish an apples-for-apples comparison between the various UK-based vans for sale. (BTW, We'll be visiting Portsmouth in the first week of April to check out the Concorde dealer).

Note-1: TW has at least three MY19 Flairs on its forecourt to inspect (920LF @ £222K; 920EK @ £216K and 830LE @ £200K).

Note-2: Premium has the three MY20 vans - the Palace 93MB @ £302K; Loft 79L @ £257K and Home 82LS @ £221K.

......so may I ask why the windscreen costs are so different. Is it simply to do with manufacturing years (Flairs = MY19 v Morelos = MY20), hence the reduction in price, or is it that the Flairs, or the specific models of Flair displayed at TW are considered to be a slightly lower status/spec level than one or two of the Morelo vans at Doncaster.

I do appreciate the point mentioned previously that Premium bought its vans on a €1.10 exchange rate but I'm certain that the TW stock would have been ordered on a very similiar basis too.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I don't know if you ve been in a newer type flair Andrew? Lovely motorhomes but the achilles heel is the kitchen, they are tiny in all but one model, they havent had the lovely kitchen Martins had for a long time now.

If you re going to TW, why not have a look at this, 2 junctions down the M6

https://www.goeuropean.co.uk/used/motorhomes/carthago/liner-1/l65-le n

Not everyones cup of tea but a lot of motorhome for a 3rd of the price.

Jon

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
N+B have a different policy on foreign exchange. They set a rate, normally advantageous, and that is the rate that TW get for the year. I do not know the anniversary date for reset.
As to comparison I have had both. The N+B is amazing value for money and an excellent van that is a good buy. However you can just feel a better design and build in the Morelo Palace of equivalent size to the Flair. That said if I was looking at a Daily chassied van it would be a difficult call at 9.2 metres.
TW can and will be your severest test however.
Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Team,

Nicky and I are hoping to make the 400-mile trip to Travelworld on Wed or Thu to check out the N&B range and I'm after a few pre-trip pointers before we arrive please. I'm trying to establish an apples-for-apples comparison between the various UK-based vans for sale. (BTW, We'll be visiting Portsmouth in the first week of April to check out the Concorde dealer).

Note-1: TW has at least three MY19 Flairs on its forecourt to inspect (920LF @ £222K; 920EK @ £216K and 830LE @ £200K).

Note-2: Premium has the three MY20 vans - the Palace 93MB @ £302K; Loft 79L @ £257K and Home 82LS @ £221K.

......so may I ask why the windscreen costs are so different. Is it simply to do with manufacturing years (Flairs = MY19 v Morelos = MY20), hence the reduction in price, or is it that the Flairs, or the specific models of Flair displayed at TW are considered to be a slightly lower status/spec level than one or two of the Morelo vans at Doncaster.

I do appreciate the point mentioned previously that Premium bought its vans on a €1.10 exchange rate but I'm certain that the TW stock would have been ordered on a very similiar basis too.

Many thanks,

Andrew
Hi Andrew

I don't think Premium have bought at that rate as a note on the Palace advert says, Sold in Euro, GBP for illustration at 1.10 conversion so really they are doing themselves no favours as far as perception is concerned(y) so at todays rubbish rate of 1.16 its only £283k for the Palace and at 1.25 sometimes in the future its only £263k, I say "only" because it's £20k to £40k in your pocket

The loft would be £241k at todays 1.16, so OK they are both still dearer than the Flair 920's but they are 2019 models so will already be discounted to some degree and the MORELO are showing at full price, add to that the Flair will cost a little less to put together as they use the original IVECO dashboard just moved up and forward.

I have just done a quick configuration with the N+B price list and a Flair came out at £233,500 quite easily, I don't know exactly how TW buy their van but in previous years they have had a fixed exchange rate from Hymer so they can work on a fixed £ price

It will be interesting though for you to make the comparison between C M and N+B it will deffo be worth a coffee to hear your findings;)

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
N+B have a different policy on foreign exchange. They set a rate, normally advantageous, and that is the rate that TW get for the year. I do not know the anniversary date for reset.
As to comparison I have had both. The N+B is amazing value for money and an excellent van that is a good buy. However you can just feel a better design and build in the Morelo Palace of equivalent size to the Flair. That said if I was looking at a Daily chassied van it would be a difficult call at 9.2 metres.
Michael

Agree with that Michael and you can tell I have been on 40 minutes compiling my reply on the same subject, I think the rate is set at Dusseldorf ;) in 8 years of N+B ownership the only time we went to TW was to drink their wine at an open weekend or to have a nose around.

As Jon says above the kitchen was a big one for us and I think the Palace looks more modern and spacious inside.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I don't know if you ve been in a newer type flair Andrew? Lovely motorhomes but the achilles heel is the kitchen, they are tiny in all but one model, they havent had the lovely kitchen Martins had for a long time now.

If you re going to TW, why not have a look at this, 2 junctions down the M6

https://www.goeuropean.co.uk/used/motorhomes/carthago/liner-1/l65-le n

Not everyones cup of tea but a lot of motorhome for a 3rd of the price.

Jon

Lovely Jon and fully loaded too with accessories
Also camper UK had a nice used Carthago S plus for sale a while back, manual though. I think it was 99 grand.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I don't know if you ve been in a newer type flair Andrew? Lovely motorhomes but the achilles heel is the kitchen, they are tiny in all but one model, they havent had the lovely kitchen Martins.....

Thanks Jon but I've not been in a Flair so it's all new to me.

Your link was very useful but I'm going to keep the the checks to Morelo, Concorde, RS, N&B (Flair + Arto) plus a sneaky visit to Frankia Platin, or else my head will continue to spin if I have any more to look at :)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Michael

You're a really useful guy to have around Michael as you can compare first hand which is fantatsic for me and the other newbies.

I've had a few conversations with folk, including the odd dozen email and reviews here and there and it seems that TW is a right arrogant bunch of wotsits to deal with.

Personally speaking I won't give 2-quid to a coffee vendor if I don't think they deserve my money so dealing with TW could be a real push for me.

Your info is always much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew

I don't think Premium have bought at that rate as a note on the Palace advert says, Sold in Euro, GBP for illustration at 1.10 conversion so really they are doing themselves no favours as far as perception is concerned(y) so at todays rubbish rate of 1.16 its only £283k for the Palace and at 1.25 sometimes in the future its only £263k, I say "only" because it's £20k to £40k in your pocket

The loft would be £241k at todays 1.16, so OK they are both still dearer than the Flair 920's but they are 2019 models so will already be discounted to some degree and the MORELO are showing at full price, add to that the Flair will cost a little less to put together as they use the original IVECO dashboard just moved up and forward.

I have just done a quick configuration with the N+B price list and a Flair came out at £233,500 quite easily, I don't know exactly how TW buy their van but in previous years they have had a fixed exchange rate from Hymer so they can work on a fixed £ price

It will be interesting though for you to make the comparison between C M and N+B it will deffo be worth a coffee to hear your findings;)

Martin

A great post as usual Martin and a coffee will be most definitely on the cards.

The exchange rate has certainly taken a fall and on the Palace alone it works out to be a 5-figures loss in 4-days.

Premium will have a margin to reduce its final invoice but even so that's still a chunk of money away from the the N&B cost, albeit as you mentioned there is the MY difference to consider too.

In your opinion (and Michael too sallylillian) would you consider the in-stock Loft 79 to be more or less on the same par as the N&B 920LF/EK in terms of value and spec?

Thanks again Martin,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
P.S. There's also a 2018 RHD Morelo Home 82LS at TW for sale @ £170K so someone has obviously had a change of heart.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Andrew I never did any comparisons of those models as I was only looking for a slide out solution, Martin is your man as he did and is probably composing a thesis as I write.?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You're a really useful guy to have around Michael as you can compare first hand which is fantatsic for me and the other newbies.

I've had a few conversations with folk, including the odd dozen email and reviews here and there and it seems that TW is a right arrogant bunch of wotsits to deal with.

Personally speaking I won't give 2-quid to a coffee vendor if I don't think they deserve my money so dealing with TW could be a real push for me.

I woudnt be too hard on TW Andrew. Ross is a nice guy and he's invested a lot of money and rightly proud at Stafford, if you re not getting the responses you want I suggest you ask for him.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Gentlemen please keep this discussion going as there is a lot of well-informed information sharing here, which i value as when I get my Polish licence with its requirement for only a C1 medical every 5 years I am more likely to be in the market.

Geoff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Andrew I never did any comparisons of those models as I was only looking for a slide out solution, Martin is your man as he did and is probably composing a thesis as I write.?
Sorry to disappoint Michael but I had to replace the seals on a tap in the kitchen at home and have lunch, back at it now but the sun is shining so I might have to take another 45minute break.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A great post as usual Martin and a coffee will be most definitely on the cards.

The exchange rate has certainly taken a fall and on the Palace alone it works out to be a 5-figures loss in 4-days.

Premium will have a margin to reduce its final invoice but even so that's still a chunk of money away from the the N&B cost, albeit as you mentioned there is the MY difference to consider too.

In your opinion (and Michael too sallylillian) would you consider the in-stock Loft 79 to be more or less on the same par as the N&B 920LF/EK in terms of value and spec?

Thanks again Martin,

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Although on the face of it they might be similar in detail they are completely different vans, if you are spending £200k+ you are not going to skimp for another £20k or so so I wouldn't get too hung up on relative value or not. The Loft 79 is the F version so French bed which gives a nice bathroom a good kitchen and decent roomy lounge available in twin sofas or bar version all this comes in just over 8 metres so if that matters you have to like the other bits, like the garage space taken away at the end of the bed and the fact that the F bed is a bit like a bed in a box room, If size doesn't matter the Flair 920 is a cracking van but again there are compromises like for us the kitchen is too small and the van is too big at over 9 metres.

I think you need to decide what size would work for you and then decide what is important kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, garage as for sure something has to give and only you can say what that is.

And just to throw another spanner in the works, here is a lovely VARIO-mobil at 8.25m

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Andrew

Although on the face of it they might be similar in detail they are completely different vans, if you are spending £200k+ you are not going to skimp for another £20k or so so I wouldn't get too hung up on relative value or not. The Loft 79 is the F version so French bed which gives a nice bathroom a good kitchen and decent roomy lounge available in twin sofas or bar version all this comes in just over 8 metres so if that matters you have to like the other bits, like the garage space taken away at the end of the bed and the fact that the F bed is a bit like a bed in a box room, If size doesn't matter the Flair 920 is a cracking van but again there are compromises like for us the kitchen is too small and the van is too big at over 9 metres.

I think you need to decide what size would work for you and then decide what is important kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, garage as for sure something has to give and only you can say what that is.

And just to throw another spanner in the works, here is a lovely VARIO-mobil at 8.25m

Martin
Which one are you looking at Martin? These are all 500K

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Have you fallen out Michael? He gave me a tour of the new premises last time I was there :LOL:

Again personally speaking I have issues with TW a bad experience with my Flair some years ago and a year or so ago with a purchase.

They do have course have the Dealerships for N+B and Hymer etc all well respected,however, the buying experience is nothing more than you get in a Car Dealership along with all the Bullchit in the negotiations, I’ll speak to my manager etc etc etc.

People that buy Motorhomes become quite passionate about them ( some name them for @@@@ sake) and just read the love of our passion on this forum.

I don’t want a Car buying experience thank you, I had to resist being extremely annoyed with the salesman but stuck with it because they had a MH I wanted.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew

Martin

Hi Martin, some tip-top info but I checked the Vario 800 out on mobile.de and the first one advertised at €550K. I would definitely need a swimming pool for that money too :)

That said, I could always go halves with Paul CazPaul and then we can keep it up here in Durham.

In all honesty I'm now beginning to formulate a good idea of van size, functional spec, type of usage, etc, that we would want the van to fulfil but, checking the N&B vans and the Morelos on the same day next week will be a very useful exercise.

Nicky and I are looking to pop down on Tuesday if the weather holds out.

Will report back,

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Again personally speaking I have issues with TW a bad experience with my Flair some years ago and a year or so ago with a purchase.

They do have course have the Dealerships for N+B and Hymer etc all well respected,however, the buying experience is nothing more than you get in a Car Dealership along with all the Bullchit in the negotiations, I’ll speak to my manager etc etc etc.

People that buy Motorhomes become quite passionate about them ( some name them for @@@@ sake) and just read the love of our passion on this forum.

I don’t want a Car buying experience thank you, I had to resist being extremely annoyed with the salesman but stuck with it because they had a MH I wanted.

Thanks Littlewheels, I've now heard that a few times so the addition of your very honest comments and experiences just reaffirm my initial thoughts of TW. If nothing else I'll now visit TW just for the experience.

As you say though, if they have the van you want then bite your tongue accordingly but, that being said, I'll now need to practice the technique in the mirror before dealing with their sales team.

I'll start the conversation with the sales guy by asking which one of the Flairs he owns :lipssealed: That should break the ice!

Thanks again, very useful indeed,

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back