Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Lots of great info from you guys (y)

Just two points more:

1. Littlewheels May I ask what you mean by having an account with your Iveco dealer. Does it mean that you have always used one specific Iveco dealer to service and warrant your van during its 3-year initial manufacturers warranty period.......or does it imply that you have a seperate business account?

2. To all Funsters with NFU Policies please: If your van is involved in a big accident while touring abroad (fully immobilized) then who coordinates what in terms of where/when/how it is repatriated and repaired.

We've already established that NFU doesn't do any form of recovery in its policies but would they at least coordinate the recovery requirements via Iveco...........and does the Pan-European package for Iveco also cover accident damaged vehicles too?

Thanks all,

Andrew

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
2. To all Funsters with NFU Policies please: If your van is involved in a big accident while touring abroad (fully immobilized) then who coordinates what in terms of where/when/how it is repatriated and repaired.

We've already established that NFU doesn't do any form of recovery in its policies but would they at least coordinate the recovery requirements via Iveco...........and does the Pan-European package for Iveco also cover accident damaged vehicles too?

Thanks all,

Andrew
No experience but my assumption would be that they don't get involved other than ultimately deciding where it is to be repaired. If it is engine related then any Iveco dealer would be fine - if it is motorhome related, particularly bodywork, they may have a view and require the vehicle to be moved to a different location from where it was recovered - not sure they would pay for that move??

This is where you weigh up the benefits of going niche or going more standard. If my RS were to be seriously damaged in Europe then no doubt it would have to be recovered to the UK to the RS Factory for repairs. Stuff up your Concorde in Europe and you probably have lots of options.

I balanced that against buying from a UK Manufacturer not a long way from where I live so any issues that do arise I never have to worry about negotiating over warranty or waiting for some approval from Europe. If it is on the vehicle, whatever part it is, they just fix it (as they did recently when my onboard generator starter motor failed after just 8 hours use - the only issue was getting the replacement part from Dometic as they hold very few spare parts!). You ay your money and you make your choice :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Lots of great info from you guys (y)

Just two points more:

1. Littlewheels May I ask what you mean by having an account with your Iveco dealer. Does it mean that you have always used one specific Iveco dealer to service and warrant your van during its 3-year initial manufacturers warranty period.......or does it imply that you have a seperate business account?

Thanks all,

Andrew

We're with NFU but I'm afraid I can't help with your questions. We've assumed that you'd need to pay for the vehicle transported. That's just an assumption though and I'd be interested to hear what the situation actually is.

It might be worth contacting NFU and asking the questions directly with them.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
1. @Littlewheels May I ask what you mean by having an account with your Iveco dealer. Does it mean that you have always used one specific Iveco dealer to service and warrant your van during its 3-year initial manufacturers warranty period.......or does it imply that you have a seperate business account?

l have never had any warranty issues with Iveco,therefore, I have a account with my preferred Iveco Dealer that Services my MH’s , I’m particularly fussy about Oil/Filter and annual logistic checks even though according to Iveco schedules they are not required,therefore,they see me only perhaps once a year but we get invoiced, accordingly,if I still have a Vehicle that is out if Warranty I would rely on Iveco’s breakdown service.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
l have never had any warranty issues with Iveco,therefore, I have a account with my preferred Iveco Dealer that Services my MH’s , I’m particularly fussy about Oil/Filter and annual logistic checks even though according to Iveco schedules they are not required,therefore,they see me only perhaps once a year but we get invoiced, accordingly,if I still have a Vehicle that is out if Warranty I would rely on Iveco’s breakdown service.

Thanks for the clarification - good to know (y)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Team,

Not wishing to turn this into an insurance & recovery thread but, unless someone can tell me otherwise, I'll need to clarify how the NFU insurance T&Cs can synch-in to the T&Cs of the C&MC/RAC Arrival Policy.

.........and yes, I am sad enough to have just read the 32-page RAC policy doc.

It's very much apparent that the RAC Arrival Policy does not cover your motorhome for any form of repatriation to a repair Center in the event that said vehicle is involved in an Road Traffic Accident, unless, the policy owner requests some form of actual support at the scene and then agrees to repay all extra costs within a 180-day period from the date-time of the RTA.

See below, I've also included the clause which specifies the point that RAC Arrival does not cover any normal recovery if the vehicle is on private land etc.

There's also an interesting clause about pets/domestic animals but I'll leave that for now:

Screenshot_20200221-193734_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200221-192947_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200221-192931_Drive.jpg

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Isn’t the private land bit just if you don’t have permission to be there?

Martin

Yep, that sounds good to me Martin but I think the ultimate answer will come when you phone them for recovery.

I'll give NFU a call on Monday as we're no longer hitting the Highlands due to snow issues and bad weather. I can't see the point in sitting in a tin can when the snow is on the ground and the wind is reaching 70mph. Not fun anymore!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It's very much apparent that the RAC Arrival Policy does not cover your motorhome for any form of repatriation to a repair Center in the event that said vehicle is involved in an Road Traffic Accident, unless, the policy owner requests some form of actual support at the scene and then agrees to repay all extra costs within a 180-day period from the date-time of the RTA.

I understood that that was a standard clause in all breakdown insurance policies. In an accident, you haven’t broken down; breakdown companies aren’t interested in those circumstances. That’s where your motor insurance comes into play.

Ian

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I understood that that was a standard clause in all breakdown insurance policies. In an accident, you haven’t broken down; breakdown companies aren’t interested in those circumstances. That’s where your motor insurance comes into play.

Ian

That sounds right Ian but if NFU don't do the recovery piece either then there's a clear gap between the NFU insurance policy and the RAC recovery policy when it comes to RTAs.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morelo have a large new Aire on site with electric. Not sure about Concorde. Also if you are there go to the Phoenix factory too. If you are into Concorde pop down the road to Gluck in Sulzemoos. They are Concorde (sales guy Christian) Morelo (but something has happened they have no new stock and there may be some friction since my sale) & Phoenix dealers, and literally have thousands of vans for sale. Steer clear of a sales guy called Michael Schade.
Binder and Zeismann are big dealers with stock of Morelos. Go to Polch and Neismann Caravans are big Concorde dealers, and while you are there pop over to the N+B factory.

Michael, can you please explain the booking protocol on how to secure a Morelo factory aire please.

Do I just phone the factory.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Michael, can you please explain the booking protocol on how to secure a Morelo factory aire please.

Do I just phone the factory.
There was a booking form on the factory web site but I think it has disappeared now, you could try sending Mike at Premium a message as I understand he is out there picking a van up and is asking for it's new owners as well.

Martin

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
There was a booking form on the factory web site but I think it has disappeared now, you could try sending Mike at Premium a message as I understand he is out there picking a van up and is asking for it's new owners as well.

Martin

Cheers Martin, I'll drop him a note tomorrow.

All the best,

Andrew

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Martin
You have to stay up late to beat funflair

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Team,

Not wishing to turn this into an insurance & recovery thread but, unless someone can tell me otherwise, I'll need to clarify how the NFU insurance T&Cs can synch-in to the T&Cs of the C&MC/RAC Arrival Policy.

.........and yes, I am sad enough to have just read the 32-page RAC policy doc.

See below, I've also included the clause which specifies the point that RAC Arrival does not cover any normal recovery if the vehicle is on private land etc.

There's also an interesting clause about pets/domestic animals but I'll leave that for now:

View attachment 364080

View attachment 364081

View attachment 364082
This is pretty much where I was earlier. IMO recovery in the case of an RTA will be up to the Insurers, the other consideration is that they will probably insist on it being taken to a place of their choosing.

Jon

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
AA do recover over 7.5t I have it through my insurance policy. When I was with Comfort insurance they used to use the RAC, I broke down near Cambridge on the A14 on phoning the RAC the told me Comfort had changed to the AA, I phoned them and a big wrecker came out and towed me back to Ipswich after removing a half shaft and lifting the front wheels off the ground.

I have now changed to Safeguard because they were cheaper and they use AA as well.
No weight or length limit and recovery anywhere in Europe except I think North Macedonia and Albania.
Unless you have a problem with the back axle, height wouldn't be a problem as you can be towed.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Morning Michael

It did wonder what the etiquette was for answering somebody else's question, do you think it should be 8 hours or a free for all ;)

Martin
Morning to you too,
There is so much on this thread that I've forgotten the question. You've no fear of upsetting me Martin :cool:

Been a bit knackered, working on the Morelo's new hutch.

Michael

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Been a bit knackered, working on the Morelo's new hutch.

Michael

I need a hutch too for the toys, preferably with a sofa, beer fridge and a huge TV.

Plus a big sign saying 'KEEP OUT' on the door.

One of my bikes has to stand outside from the main garage, all wrapped up, but the winds from Dennis were so strong on Sunday that it went over and its mint fairing is no more.

You've got the right idea Michael in terms of looking after your van but I'll say now that it'll concern me having an expensive asset sitting outside in the elements.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I need a hutch too for the toys, preferably with a sofa, beer fridge and a huge TV.

One of my bikes has to stand outside from the main garage, all wrapped up, but the winds from Dennis were so strong on Sunday that it went over and its mint fairing is no more.

You've got the right idea Michael in terms of looking after your van but I'll say now that it'll concern me having an expensive asset sitting outside in the elements.
something like this?

20190628_130054.jpg

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I keep thinking about getting something put up to take ours but very expensive and height of eaves means planning permission - ours is not bu the side of the house so to avoid planning I could go for a chuffing great flat roof supported by large posts and open at the sides unless anyone has a better idea. Also, mustn't spoil the look of the garden for SWMBO

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Yes, I'll have that one please - will you deliver ::bigsmile: (Very nice BTW).

........but, me joking aside, this is yet another consideration for buying such an expensive piece of kit as a Morelo/Concorde/RS etc.

Nicky and I have both become rather precious of our things these days and more so now that we're permanently unemployed.

Perhaps a rusty VW Camper bug would be better for us.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

And me too Andrew, we have just got planning permission for our hutch from Durham county council second time of asking

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes, I'll have that one please - will you deliver ::bigsmile: (Very nice BTW).

........but, me joking aside, this is yet another consideration for buying such an expensive piece of kit as a Morelo/Concorde/RS etc.

Nicky and I have both become rather precious of our things these days and more so now that we're permanently unemployed.

Perhaps a rusty VW Camper bug would be better for us.

Have you seen the cost of VW's these days - £60K and you ve got to piddle in the bushes :LOL:

Actually if you have the land and the there are numerous cheapish solutions out there and unless your in an AONB planning is a lot easier.

The reason that is as it is is that I wanted the central bit for motorbikes and workshop and car and camper ports.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It seems that quite a few of us with up-market MHs (even if ours is only slightly) have built 'carports'.

Ours accomodates our 3m high Arto. We built a sloping roof off short pillars on the roof of our quite extensive outhouses across to concrete pillars. This was over the base of a demolished garage which conveniently has an inspection pit.

We did not apply for permission on the basis it replaced a pre-existing garage, just with a higher roof, but things are easier here, and it is not an AONB.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back