Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
IMG_2527.jpeg

This must be "millionaires row" and as such they get the early morning sun, the grey one with the Porsche out front is Volner Mobil, very clever bit of kit as it's on a rear engine chassis but has a belly locker for the car, further on is a Empire Liner and Mercedes AMG gtr that goes in the rear garage.

IMG_2528.jpeg

This is us in "paupers passage" we won't get the sun for another hour but should be OK this evening, the little yellow car is interesting and I might post about that later.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
View attachment 894881
This must be "millionaires row" and as such they get the early morning sun, the grey one with the Porsche out front is Volner Mobil, very clever bit of kit as it's on a rear engine chassis but has a belly locker for the car, further on is a Empire Liner and Mercedes AMG gtr that goes in the rear garage.

View attachment 894882

This is us in "paupers passage" we won't get the sun for another hour but should be OK this evening, the little yellow car is interesting and I might post about that later.
Whose is the go pod Martin?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I was there last year with funflair. I was not interested in all these huge ones as the 'S'-bend to our yard will only accommodate a 8m MH.

I was only there to see a Home 82M - 8m with island bed. The sales office could not direct me to one, just 'look around' - what, all over that site?
We have a similar problem Geoff, but then I realised that the truck chassis have the front axle further back so you get a shorter wheelbase and tighter turner circle.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Two of those funny bikes out on the ride this morning,

IMG_2530.jpeg

Nice ride about 25 miles with a couple of decent hills,

IMG_2531.jpeg

Got back for a wander around the trade stands.

IMG_2540.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

Electric BMW but no storage for shopping or helmets 😃

IMG_2539.jpeg

Jen keeps telling me she wants a washing machine in the next one.

IMG_2538.jpeg

Not a dishwasher though, but the kitchen with just the double induction hob has loads of space.

IMG_2541.jpeg

Here you go DavidG58 😉

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I was there last year with funflair. I was not interested in all these huge ones as the 'S'-bend to our yard will only accommodate a 8m MH.

I was only there to see a Home 82M - 8m with island bed. The sales office could not direct me to one, just 'look around' - what, all over that site?
It all depends, 8 metre is not the deciding factor for your s -bend.
Wheelbase and overhang is the deciding factor, if on a 26 T with rear wheel steer , you might actually get a 12 metre vehicle into places where you couldn’t get a 8 metre vehicle in, shorter wheelbase and rear wheel steer makes a huge difference going around sharp corners👍

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Two of those funny bikes out on the ride this morning,

View attachment 894992
Nice ride about 25 miles with a couple of decent hills,

View attachment 894994

Got back for a wander around the trade stands.

View attachment 894998

View attachment 894995
Electric BMW but no storage for shopping or helmets 😃

View attachment 894996
Jen keeps telling me she wants a washing machine in the next one.

View attachment 895003

Not a dishwasher though, but the kitchen with just the double induction hob has loads of space.

View attachment 894999
Here you go DavidG58 😉
Dishwasher is non negotiable lol, very important piece of equipment , love the burned orange colour in your photo 👍

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
I quite like the Orange too but suspect its a very expensive bit of wrapping?
That might well be the case, bargain at quarter of the price of paint maybe lol, wrapping done well can be great👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It all depends, 8 metre is not the deciding factor for your s -bend.
Wheelbase and overhang is the deciding factor, if on a 26 T with rear wheel steer , you might actually get a 12 metre vehicle into places where you couldn’t get a 8 metre vehicle in, shorter wheelbase and rear wheel steer makes a huge difference going around sharp corners👍

Oh come off it.

I would only be thinking about 8-9m anyway, so things like rear-wheel steering don't come into consideration.

I have already taken wheelbase and overhang into consideration, and the geometry of our yard.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Martin I still wanna see one of those "funny bikes" being ridden, does the front passenger have any input to traction or are they just there for the ride:giggle:;) If thats the case I would swap arround before a hill climb, even with pedal assist;):giggle:
LES

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin I still wanna see one of those "funny bikes" being ridden, does the front passenger have any input to traction or are they just there for the ride:giggle:;) If thats the case I would swap arround before a hill climb, even with pedal assist;):giggle:
LES
:giggle: They do have pedal input but on these you can also freewheel on the front (unlike most tandems) Jen say she feels she can put in more work on this than the "normal" tandem as she has the backrest of the seat to push against, still some serious heavy breathing on the hills though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Dishwasher is non negotiable lol, very important piece of equipment , love the burned orange colour in your photo 👍
That's where we have our microwave/grill though and I can wash up in the sink but couldn't do without the microwave, the orange in a Binder special as Michael Binder has a bit of a thing about orange.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And here is the IVECO daily chassis for anybody remotely interested in these things🤔
IMG_2543.jpeg

In the foreground is the Telma retarder, a big and heavy chunk to be fair and it does force you into the 200 litre fuel tank upgrade as otherwise you end up with just 70 litres, In the distance you can see how the floor and dashboard is all raised up over the engine and gearbox to give a flat floor right through the van, this is a fair bit of work so all adds to the overall conversion cost.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And here is the IVECO daily chassis for anybody remotely interested in these things🤔
View attachment 895415
In the foreground is the Telma retarder, a big and heavy chunk to be fair and it does force you into the 200 litre fuel tank upgrade as otherwise you end up with just 70 litres, In the distance you can see how the floor and dashboard is all raised up over the engine and gearbox to give a flat floor right through the van, this is a fair bit of work so all adds to the overall conversion cost.
I would have thought Morelo would have fitted a better quality seat for the driver. :rofl:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
View attachment 895415
Loving how they put foil presumably to protect the cables from the heat genererated by the Telma and fasten them with plastic cable ties

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Although I probably already know the answer, (ie, you need to be seriously financially loaded), but how are we DIY'ers supposed to service, maintain, and/or replace components, which are non accessible once the body is applied? :doh: 🤷‍♂️

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Very slowly.
Or if at all Lenny. :(

I had a Telma Retarder on my last Concorde, it was a fantastic piece of kit and would be a must have option now.
I loved using it on the coaches, as well as the exhaust brake, with the latter on the trucks too, but not had the pleasure of either on a MH unfortunately. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back