Apr 21, 2015
Blackpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1985
Hi
If you have had a gaslow system fitted by a motorhome dealer is it classed as a modification and do you have to tell insurance company .

Dave

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi
If you have had a gaslow system fitted by a motorhome dealer is it classed as a modification and do you have to tell insurance company .

Dave
Gaslow system fitted mid July and insurance renewed on Friday with LV. Told them of the change, and also the fitting of a lithium battery, and they were not interested. But they record the calls [and I have a note of the date and time + employee's name!], so there shouldn't be any future 'debate' if I need to claim.

Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Depends on the insurance company I Don't think Comfort or Safeguard are interested in standard Motorhome add ons but Saga want to know everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
When we first got ours my dear lady phoned round for quotes.
She was offered contents insurance.
Asking what that covered she was told if you turn over the van what doesn’t fall off is counted as contents.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
When we first got ours my dear lady phoned round for quotes.
She was offered contents insurance.
Asking what that covered she was told if you turn over the van what doesn’t fall off is counted as contents.

The contents I am bothered about (Laptop, tablets, cameras) I have on our home insurance covered outside of the house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I told Comfort. They asked to see evidence that it had been professionally fitted, but no effect on premium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back