Free Member
Sep 3, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Just about to start looking for first motorhome
We have been looking at motor homes for a while now think we have got it down to two makes Mobilvetta or Pilote.

Looking for owners views good or bad on either.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
As a former Pilote owner I've had two and both were pretty good with only a few minor faults but Mobilvetta are a rung up the ladder in my opinion .
But Pilote have a larger network of dealers here in the UK
if your in Kent AMC at Hailsham will be your nearest Pilote dealers I think

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Mobilvetta you get Italian bling for your bucks rather than build quality. Payloads often very poor particularly on 3.5g vans. Only sold by Marquis.
Pilote have a pretty good reputation they would be my choice.

Upvote 0

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
I second exactly what Lenny has just said, saw a few mobilvettas in Spain a few years ago had a good look at them, very lightweight build quality, I didn’t think they would last long, the Pilote may not be as blingy but they seem to be more robust and well sorted.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
When we were in Tewkesbury a few years ago I had a wander into Marquis's forecourt.

This was just as the Mobilvetta marque was returning to the UK and prompted by the original 5 Go Motorhoming programme.

Wasn't impressed by the build quality (and we have an AT!) with joints gapping, loose \ missing screws, panels looking off the square, etc......... Maybe now improved but it did leave a felling of "mmmmmh".

As Lenny HB says payload may be an issue as I believe the new AT A Class motorhomes are a reworked version of the Mobilvetta (both Trigano Group) and they have been getting slated by the trade press for this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
We had a Pilote A class before downsizing had it from new for 3 years and lived in it full time for 18 months between houses.

Nothing fell off or broke and the dealer said it looked like new when traded in after 3 years. They are well built and if you choose your dealer well you, in my opinion, can't go wrong.

Upvote 0

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi we have a Pilote G720 FC love the layout great service off the dealer just 2 years old have had it up plated from 3650 to 4000 kg to give better payload as others have said well built vans

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
We looked at the Mobilvetta & thought all bling no quality, I now own a new G741 , the build quality could have been better , IE - a door that will never shut rite ,bonnet very hard to shut rite , you could have posted a letter through the hole in the floor , front bed ladders landed on the table (unusable) plus another 10 faults , general quality was good but felt like a Friday van

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
As said above, Mobilvetta only sold by Marquis who have a very variable reputation.Thst was enough for me but I also didn't think they would wear well due to light weight build quality and trim was already fall off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
edbangeruk

edbangeruk

Free Member
Sep 3, 2022
Kent
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Just about to start looking for first motorhome
Thanks All

we we’re leaning towards the Pilote and reading your comments I think that’s the way we will go.

Now just got to find find one at the right price.😂😂😂

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2018
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C A class
Exp
Im a Newbie
Two years ago now, we looked seriously at a Mobilvetta K yacht (A Class) actually paid a deposit, then had a good think about it. Lovely looking Moho, right layout for us etc etc. But the fit and finish (At the time) just was not good enough. Dealer also was far to pushy. Also got the chance to speak to another owner who bought the same model and wish he hadn't after a multitude of problems.
Then we had a look at a Pilot G740C, cancelled our order got our deposit back. Two years later very happy with our Pilote.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back