Mobile wifi data card in Spain. (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2023
Christchurch, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi. Can anyone recommend A preloaded data card which works well for mobile wifi in Spain. We have bought Vodaphone data cards in France which work well.
Alternatively, can anyone suggest a card that can be bought in the UK for the same purpose.

Reactions: f6c
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Here's the email I received from Camino at Tiekom;

Sent: 03 April 2023 14:32
To:
Subject:
RE: I can't connect to the network

Hello

Unfortunately, I must advise you that we have this service "freeze" since 1st April due to same changes about international roaming policy of our current supplier (Vodafone). We sent a mail last week to all our clients to inform about this issue.

This sim card will give you 300 GB but only in Spain.

We have informed all our clients the same day we noticed that Vodafone changed the rules.

Sorry for the inconveniences and kind regards

Best regards / Beste Grüße / Un saludo

Camino Arias
Account Executive
M +34 683 637 585
F +34 910 630 890
camino.arias@tiekom.com
www.tiekom.com

Things have moved on since April 2023, I ordered my SIM card in October 2023 and it arrived in time for our trip on the 1st November, still using it in France after 5 Months,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Things have moved on since April 2023, I ordered my SIM card in October 2023 and it arrived in time for our trip on the 1st November, still using it in France after 5 Months,

I didn't know that, hence my post above.

Reactions: Les
Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Here's the email I received from Camino at Tiekom;

Sent: 03 April 2023 14:32
To:
Subject:
RE: I can't connect to the network

Hello

Unfortunately, I must advise you that we have this service "freeze" since 1st April due to same changes about international roaming policy of our current supplier (Vodafone). We sent a mail last week to all our clients to inform about this issue.

This sim card will give you 300 GB but only in Spain.

We have informed all our clients the same day we noticed that Vodafone changed the rules.

Sorry for the inconveniences and kind regards

Best regards / Beste Grüße / Un saludo

Camino Arias
Account Executive
M +34 683 637 585
F +34 910 630 890
camino.arias@tiekom.com
www.tiekom.com

I think things have changed again HKF. As per my link they advertise 200gb roaming use in all zone 1 countries on their 'International 400gb' sim at 43euro.

Opps to late........

Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I think things have changed again HKF. As per my link they advertise 200gb roaming use in all zone 1 countries on their 'International 400gb' sim at 43euro.

Opps to late........
I can also confirm this is correct as had some friends over last weekend with said sim from tiekom. They are using it in the UK currently but they did have to get a new sim from tiekom to make this work in the UK as the existing one wouldn't for whatever reason. Personally I think it's quite expensive now but it will def work and suit a lot of people.

Upvote 0
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I can also confirm this is correct as had some friends over last weekend with said sim from tiekom. They are using it in the UK currently but they did have to get a new sim from tiekom to make this work in the UK as the existing one wouldn't for whatever reason. Personally I think it's quite expensive now but it will def work and suit a lot of people.
Is there a cheaper one for 400gb without the hassle of special offers etc etc Zac?

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Is there a cheaper one for 400gb without the hassle of special offers etc etc Zac?
I gave up looking quite some time ago as i like an easy life so for me i now have a starlink permanently mounted to my roof which i only activate when i am way for more than 3 weeks which at the moment is only at xmas which gives unlimited internet anywhere we are as long as it can see the sky. The other times i use my EE pre brexxitt sim which gives me the full 160gb in the EU which is more than enough for us but we took our dutch friends to a mobile shop in Cartagena in Dec just gone and they purchased a local sim for i think was 20 euros which gave them 200gb. Some will find it good value and as long as it works for you then that's all that matters.

I am at the moment just fitting a new antenna (when it comes instock) to the roof along with a new teltonika RUTX50 router which will be my last purchase for anything mobile related. AS far as i can see there is nothing more to purchase that will help in this area than what I would already have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I tried this out in Spain last month and it works well. See here
The advantage is once you have used up the bundle (100GB for a month) you can buy another one. Seems to be based on the EE network.

Cheers
Thank you. That looks like what we want. Just ordered a yearly card.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Tiekom for me it might not be the cheapest 400gb for €39,99 per month Spain only deal but it’s always super fast and can stream on 2 devices without issues

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I gave up looking quite some time ago as i like an easy life so for me i now have a starlink permanently mounted to my roof which i only activate when i am way for more than 3 weeks which at the moment is only at xmas which gives unlimited internet anywhere we are as long as it can see the sky. The other times i use my EE pre brexxitt sim which gives me the full 160gb in the EU which is more than enough for us but we took our dutch friends to a mobile shop in Cartagena in Dec just gone and they purchased a local sim for i think was 20 euros which gave them 200gb. Some will find it good value and as long as it works for you then that's all that matters.

I am at the moment just fitting a new antenna (when it comes instock) to the roof along with a new teltonika RUTX50 router which will be my last purchase for anything mobile related. AS far as i can see there is nothing more to purchase that will help in this area than what I would already have.
You could update your Starlink to the flat mounted Rev3 Dishy?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back